SYNERGY Trading Method - page 13

I just renewed post #1. I'll try to add all our findings and keep it up-to-date.

Adam, I look for a 15min entry during the active times and make a trade (same trend as 4hr). My strategy is get in on the 15min chart and trade off the hourly -this results in lower risk(stop). Usually 3-4 times a week there is a strong hourly trade of 50 to 100pips or more, this what I look for. Once I make the 15min entry I move may stop to breakeven after 20-25pip profit on EUR/JPY. Then I wait for the hourly chart to either take off or not, if not then I usually hit the breakeven stop or make a few pips. If the hourly chart moves I place my stop after each hour at the heiken ashi low (long position) and the heiken ashi high (short position). If you look at the hourly breakouts, the heiken ashi candles typically have a stair-step pattern. I continue until my stop is hit, usually 40-100 pips. I have only been doing this for a 1-2 months on the demo acct. thx mike

Derk, I hope it's not too late to ask if we can have an option to enter/add position when price pull back to MA5 smoothed High for Long or Low for short. Looking from Daily chart and I see price often pullback to MA5 after an extended run upward to trigger HAS candle to rise above MA5. I also use QQE50 for confimation so I know a pullback is not a price breakdown. There were 2 beautiful play on GBPCHF and USDJPY last week. Currently I am watching USDCHF should be ready in a few days looking to enter when price pullback to MA5. I don't know if this would work on shorter timeframe but I think it would work beautifully on daily because price flautuates quite a bit so we don't disadvantage ourselves from chasing the price but instead wait for a good price for entry.

cochran1:
Adam, I look for a 15min entry during the active times and make a trade (same trend as 4hr). My strategy is get in on the 15min chart and trade off the hourly -this results in lower risk(stop). Usually 3-4 times a week there is a strong hourly trade of 50 to 100pips or more, this what I look for. Once I make the 15min entry I move may stop to breakeven after 20-25pip profit on EUR/JPY. Then I wait for the hourly chart to either take off or not, if not then I usually hit the breakeven stop or make a few pips. If the hourly chart moves I place my stop after each hour at the heiken ashi low (long position) and the heiken ashi high (short position). If you look at the hourly breakouts, the heiken ashi candles typically have a stair-step pattern. I continue until my stop is hit, usually 40-100 pips. I have only been doing this for a 1-2 months on the demo acct. thx mike

Mike,

Thanks for that. Quick question on that method if you dont mind. When you say you take an entry on the 15 min following the 4hr trend. Do you wait for a n entry on the h1 as well? I ask because sometimes you could have an pull back on the h1 that yield some false signals on the 15 min charts?

Also, any clear method of determining the overall factor of the 4 hr? I usually watch the channels but sometimes what seems to be up or down is sideway movement. Again thanks and look forward to your response.

take care

Adam

'ello:

Response to ahefner33:

Are you sure you have the alert option enabled? The alerts have not changed at all, and should work fine.

Reponse to cochran1:

I have added another option called "UseEmail". When set true, it will send an email, just like it sends alerts now.

Reponse to rondo:

Derk, I hope it's not too late to ask if we can have an option to enter/add position when price pull back to MA5 smoothed High for Long or Low for short. Looking from Daily chart and I see price often pullback to MA5 after an extended run upward to trigger HAS candle to rise above MA5. I also use QQE50 for confimation so I know a pullback is not a price breakdown. There were 2 beautiful play on GBPCHF and USDJPY last week. Currently I am watching USDCHF should be ready in a few days looking to enter when price pullback to MA5. I don't know if this would work on shorter timeframe but I think it would work beautifully on daily because price flautuates quite a bit so we don't disadvantage ourselves from chasing the price but instead wait for a good price for entry.

You mean in the EA? I am not sure I fully understand what you are requesting. (For a buy), when trending up, if the price pulls back to the top MA5 (price action channel), you want to add to the trade?

Perhaps you can show me an example, either by posting a picture or telling me where to look on a historical chart..(?) You use the QQE50 to tell when a minor pullback is not really done trending? Perhaps I should take a look at this.

Right now, the EA is just made to trade what the indicator tells it to, and I would prefer to keep it clean like that (implying that I'd like to program more rules into the indicator, so it gives good entries/exits, then just have the EA trade what it dictates).

UPDATE:

I have put the latest SynergyInd back in post #65.

The EA is now posted there too, but BE WARNED: as of now, this is an alpha version. It may have bugs; I'm still testing. But for those of you who are anxious to try it, here it is.

So the EA is now also on post #65, but it is a compressed (.zip) file because TSD would not allow me to attach an .mqh file. If anyone has the ear of the TSD moderator/owner, etc, please tell them to add .mqh files as an option in the attachments section. It also doesn't allow more than 5 attachments...

So D/L the zip file; it contains five files...

PLEASE NOTE:

The EA will not compile without the additional 4 files I posted in the .zip, LibOrderReliable and LibDerksUtils. For these four files that start with "Lib", put the two .mqh files in your include folder, put the two .mq4 files in your libraries folder.

-Derk

Derk, thank you..

Last question I think, is it easy to make the alert occur in real time rather than the candle close ? thx

cochran1:
Derk, thank you.. Last question I think, is it easy to make the alert occur in real time rather than the candle close ? thx

I just fixed something in the EA, so posted a new .zip file in post #65.

As for your question.... no, not particularly easy. But more important than if it is easy, is whether to make the indicator operate on open candles (instead of closed).

The original rules state to use closed, but then on the video, and from the input of some here, it seems maybe open would be preferred. The bad part of using open ones of course is that the indicator then repaints (the open candle, not the ones back). This makes the signals a bit capricious...

Interested in some folks' input on this subject...

DerkWehler:
'ello:

Reponse to rondo:

You mean in the EA? I am not sure I fully understand what you are requesting. (For a buy), when trending up, if the price pulls back to the top MA5 (price action channel), you want to add to the trade?

Perhaps you can show me an example, either by posting a picture or telling me where to look on a historical chart..(?) You use the QQE50 to tell when a minor pullback is not really done trending? Perhaps I should take a look at this.

Right now, the EA is just made to trade what the indicator tells it to, and I would prefer to keep it clean like that (implying that I'd like to program more rules into the indicator, so it gives good entries/exits, then just have the EA trade what it dictates).

-Derk
Files:
ma5entry.jpg  135 kb
qqe_1.mq4  4 kb

DerkWehler:
I just fixed something in the EA, so posted a new .zip file in post #65.

As for your question.... no, not particularly easy. But more important than if it is easy, is whether to make the indicator operate on open candles (instead of closed).

The original rules state to use closed, but then on the video, and from the input of some here, it seems maybe open would be preferred. The bad part of using open ones of course is that the indicator then repaints (the open candle, not the ones back). This makes the signals a bit capricious...

Interested in some folks' input on this subject...

Hi, Derk,

Thank you for the EA. I just installed it but I am experiencing a memory leak whenever I run Synergy. My memory kept going up and up until my computer is so slow. Do you know how to fix this problem.

Hi, Derk,

Look at USDCHF Daily. Yesterday run up is now coming back to MA5. Looking to enter around 1.8618. But it is also the signal trigger bar which if EA has triggered, would probably be high 1.1890 which I call price disadvantages. We can open a smaller lot but add a bigger lot when price does return back to MA5. Also, look at QQE50 it is bullish recently just cross over and this trade can go for quite a while to the upside of at least 100 to 200+ pips. The idea is we want to wait for trade to come to us instead of chasing it.

Files:
usdchfma5.jpg  95 kb
Reason: