Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 211

Rydnek Revival

Hi,

Interesting system, set-up. Could you post your Rydnek Revival indicator please?

Paul.

how do i move this signal bar to the left

Hi all,

Could someone help me out with this.

I am using the signal bar but i am having a problem on the side where it is located in my chart. It is on the right hand side of the chart and i want it to appear of the left hand side. How do i do that.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yours

Bertgash

bertgash:
Hi all,

Could someone help me out with this.

I am using the signal bar but i am having a problem on the side where it is located in my chart. It is on the right hand side of the chart and i want it to appear of the left hand side. How do i do that.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yours

Bertgash

Bertgash

Go into edit indicator and set corner_ of _chart to false. That should help you. Happy trading.

here are todays trades I tried several times before finally hitting one that ran

Files:
trade_3_1.gif  32 kb

McForex:
Robert,

I am trading a demo account using the EA V4.2 and experimenting with different time frames and settings. Currently I am testing on the 5 min chart (I know it is crazy) , but I am seeing it open multiple trades on the same currency at the same time. Is there a way to make it not open another order when one is still open on the same currency? After some tweaking it is doing reasonably well as far as net pips but I would prefer it only open one order per currency at a time or my money management kind of goes out the window. Thanks in advanece!

Mark

I would like to see it even open a trade on ibfx demo account

stav01:
Hi,

Interesting system, set-up. Could you post your Rydnek Revival indicator please?

Paul.

Hi, Paul. I named it in the code kidding with roodstaart. It is really the file: #00_ZZ_Window_V1.01.mq4. It is on post 2103. I don't know who wrote the first version of the code. It was posted by roodstaart, who was asking for help to make it work better. It is a viable indicator, if you realize the limitations of zig zag. Even the "nonlagzigzag_v2.mq4" indicator written by the accomplished programmer, igor, repaints until it detects a final change in direction. This indicator does the same thing as you can see on the next to last change of direction of the screenshot. As I mentioned before, getting close to the actual cycle length and depth parameters will make any of these work better. They should be used primarily as a first alert along with other filters. Regards, Rydnek.

Custom Indicator File Name

codybear:
I would like to see it even open a trade on ibfx demo account

Hi, codybear. I had the same problem also. I found that The EA was using a different name for the ZigZag Pointer than the one I had downloaded and compiled. Look at the code near lines 539 and 540 and make sure the custom indicator is spelled exactly the same as the Pointer file that you are using. You should check and make sure that you have downloaded and compiled all of the custom indicators used by this EA.

Rydnek

improvements

First off I would like to thank Bear, Fx11, and Mr. Pip. I really like this approach.

However still doing the demo. I have been using version 23 and I like it for the most part. The problems are :

1. when you switch time frames to look at a lower setting, if the conditions are met for closing a trade, the trade will be closed even though they have not been met on the 4hr timeframe. ( I understand why, but I don't like it.)

2. When the trade moves against you more than 30 pips against the (high or low of the bar the arrow shows on, it does not close the trade, but keeps the trade on as the losses mount.

3. The last thing is the constant repainting of arrows indicating the market is about to reverse.

Not one to complain without offering a solution I have been looking for ways to eliminate most of the false entries.

I have discontinued ver 23 and have just started ver 42. I don't like the late entries there given by the nonlagdot and the others are delayed also but I will reserve judgement till I have had it running for several weeks. Ideas for improvement, next post.

rydnek:
Hi, attached is a revision that seems to work. I renamed it (being funny). I am attaching a screen shot using one minute time frame and it works for me. I have not posted enough to use PM yet. I have owned and managed a software company and the last statement I would make is to criticize anyone's code. My address is in the code. Thanks for your efforts and the sharing of your progress. Regards, Rydnek.

Hello,

anybody knows, are there any repainting or other problems with the rydnsk revival indicator?

Thanks!

improvements continued

I have been reading a post on Forex Factory by OzzieFX. It uses the Accelerator Oscillator (AO) and a 5-3-3 stoch setting to determine entry to a trade. He trades on a daily timeframe and only takes trades if the AO has crossed the 0 line (long if above and short if below) and the stoch is also above or below the 50 line.

I added the AO and the stoch to my charts (4 hr) and noticed that a lot of false arrows appear before the AO finally crosses the 0 line. If you wait till the AO comes into agreement with zig-zag pointer (within a bar or 3 ) you will eliminate numerous false entries.

I also noticed that if you hold the trade till both the AO and the stoch cross back and wait on an arrow to appear it will give you more pips. The important thing seems to be that stoch, AO, and the Zig-zag all agree on the same direction. I see 800 to 2000 pip moves with this using the daily as confirmation when doing it manually. And it looks like it could generate 500 to 1200 pip moves for an EA unless you could get the EA to confirm on a daily chart.

The other problem i see is often the arrow will appear about 3 bars before confirmation on the exit.

If the arrow appears on the entry before confirmaion, that is not a problem. Then the AO would be treated like the nonlagdot in the current EA. And you would move your stop to breakeven + 5 to lock. If the trade moved against you, then you would have to wait on new entry criteria to reenter but you are eliminating a lot of false entries.

Before I get a lot of questions, check it out please. I seldom post but read about a lot of systems. Bear, FX11, and Mr. Pip : Your system is excellent and it will work (but I think I just made it better)

Reason: