Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 212

zig zag indicator

roodstaart:
"I must've gotten out on the wrong side of bed today... "

yes, these things can happen to the best. Well, in fact I don't know if I am a good trader, but I do manage to get some pips every now and then.... .

It is all in the trust on the indicators and the way the highs and lows - and even more important - the lower highs and higher lows - develops. Just for fun I started a special bounce account and started trading on the arrowsignals in combination with some indicators, funded it and now in a week it's almost 3 x. If this goes on, I can shut down all my other accounts . Fact is, that I have some other things that I like besides trading, so for tomorrow and thursday I will be out almost all day, helping reading disabled children - such a great work.

If you would like it, pm and maybe we can change some indicators/settings.

Furthermore: I have an indicator, that can be of great value in combination with the arrows. The only thing is, it is kind of crapy programmed, so I have to update it every bar. Anyone interested in shaping it up?

Hi, attached is a revision that seems to work. I renamed it (being funny). I am attaching a screen shot using one minute time frame and it works for me. I have not posted enough to use PM yet. I have owned and managed a software company and the last statement I would make is to criticize anyone's code. My address is in the code. Thanks for your efforts and the sharing of your progress. Regards, Rydnek. NOTE: It does REPAINT because it uses the same logic as most zigzag indicators.

Files:

mp6140:
=====================================================

Rydnek --- with over 200 pages of stuff to read thru, I wonder what the name of the "zigzag" and pointers on your chart are.

I use much the same system, with some s+r differences and am curious as to which ones are on your chart

thnx

mp

Hi, I used bigbear's indicators as found on his first post. I did modify the Pointer, which was done by Dr. Gaines. to conform to MT4 for "Highest & Lowest". That file is attached. I am attaching another indicator for MTF ADX done by Tom Balfe that gives a lot of info in a small space. If we could put changes in direction for multiple time frames in one window that would help.

The zig zag lines REPAINT AND the POINTER does also. I use both as an alert and then use filters, as others have indicated. The variables used for the pointer should match the length of the cycles as close as possible. I am working on adapting the variables in real time to match the cycle length and the price change as close as possible. It is difficult to use these types of indicators in an EA, but it can be done. Thanks again BigBear and other contributors.

Rydnek

ok

Terry French:
I have been reading a post on Forex Factory by OzzieFX. It uses the Accelerator Oscillator (AO) and a 5-3-3 stoch setting to determine entry to a trade. He trades on a daily timeframe and only takes trades if the AO has crossed the 0 line (long if above and short if below) and the stoch is also above or below the 50 line.

I added the AO and the stoch to my charts (4 hr) and noticed that a lot of false arrows appear before the AO finally crosses the 0 line. If you wait till the AO comes into agreement with zig-zag pointer (within a bar or 3 ) you will eliminate numerous false entries.

I also noticed that if you hold the trade till both the AO and the stoch cross back and wait on an arrow to appear it will give you more pips. The important thing seems to be that stoch, AO, and the Zig-zag all agree on the same direction. I see 800 to 2000 pip moves with this using the daily as confirmation when doing it manually. And it looks like it could generate 500 to 1200 pip moves for an EA unless you could get the EA to confirm on a daily chart.

The other problem i see is often the arrow will appear about 3 bars before confirmation on the exit.

If the arrow appears on the entry before confirmaion, that is not a problem. Then the AO would be treated like the nonlagdot in the current EA. And you would move your stop to breakeven + 5 to lock. If the trade moved against you, then you would have to wait on new entry criteria to reenter but you are eliminating a lot of false entries.

Before I get a lot of questions, check it out please. I seldom post but read about a lot of systems. Bear, FX11, and Mr. Pip : Your system is excellent and it will work (but I think I just made it better)

Thanks for your info, I will have to look into it. If one could eliminate false signals, a 1000 pips a month should not be a problem. And I like trading off the higher timeframes.

This could help alot of traders out there.

Once again thanks.

Repainting of Indicator

erdenmensch:
Hello,

anybody knows, are there any repainting or other problems with the rydnsk revival indicator?

Thanks!

Thanks for the question. It shows false signals before the actual turn and then leaves the uncompleted indication as a GHOST until the indicator or screen is refreshed, which will then disappear. It does this because it has the same logic as most Zig Zag indicators, which look back at Highest Highs and Lowest Lows, but it doesn't have the immediate repainting functionality. At "roodstaart's" request I am trying to find ways to minimize this using filtering along the same lines as TERRY and others have suggested for the EA. The Pointer used in the EA repaints just like the Zig Zag Line does. I would have answered sooner, but at that time I was setting up to trade GBP/YEN. I used some of the indicators and ideas being discussed on this thread. I am attaching this morning's screen shot with the trade results on one of my real accounts, as well as a couple of reports showing some of my testing of the Ver 42 EA using different indicators on 15 minute time frames. You will see that I got in too soon, but rode it out for the expected (fundamental) move down.

Files:

@rydnek

Thank you for your fast answer and the attachment. My experience is that zigzig and revival in higher levels best work. Maybe you can test it in 4 H timeframe and post your experiences with picture? This would be great.

Where I can find the Ver 42 EA?

erdenmensch:
@rydnek

Thank you for your fast answer and the attachment. My experience is that zigzig and revival in higher levels best work. Maybe you can test it in 4 H timeframe and post your experiences with picture? This would be great.

Where I can find the Ver 42 EA?

Go here

and here

Happy pips

Mp -- Can Ziggy Come Out And Play ??

As a long time user of zigs, and admittedly NOT a coder, Ive been trying to enter into a dialogue for a while with youse guys !

All of the "repaints" you refer to on ziggies and arrows are due to the "dynamic" nature of the overlays in question --- you simply CANNOT change that behavior -- move it a bit, one way or another, but no significant changes at all ! In many ways (as far as entries and exits are concerned) ziggies behave in similar ways to HA candles, in that they lag because they need to compute recent information.

While trading manually, I use a number of "pointers" but depend on "silvertrend", "super signals" and of course zig zag pointer. MORE IMPORTANT though, is the use of Barrys "support and resistance"

NOW, before you get nutzoid, notice that there will be multiple passes on each timeframe as the price finds its true exit, and of course what is good for the 15 minute chart is only an appetizer to what the H4 needs !

Quickly then --- with s+r set up, you have a "target" exit, which you can then confirm with fibs (if your "target" and the fib 50 are both fighting to live in the same place, THATS where I would place my tp -- if you got a few major ma's there also, pick out what tuxedo you wish to wear cause youre stepping out tonite !)

ANYWAY --- the ziggy pointer comes on, the ZZ-1 lights up and you figure its exit time, BUT ITS NOT AT SUPPORT ! Do you see ANOTHER arrow below the ziggy pointer ? Perhaps silverlining or supersignals ? ----- those indicators are simply telling you there is more downside room, so now look DOWN and see what support is lying around, basking in the sun and just waiting for somene to come visit !

MUCH later in the day or nite, you will find your price has dropped into "support's" home for a visit, because prices have to make a minimum of TWO PASSES from the 15 min chart to the H4 chart !

now go code that !

mp

hellkas:
Go here

and here

Happy pips

Thanks for your work

Screen shot

MP, can you gives a screen shot or two of an example of what your explaining.

Thanks,

Craig

mp6140:
As a long time user of zigs, and admittedly NOT a coder, Ive been trying to enter into a dialogue for a while with youse guys !

All of the "repaints" you refer to on ziggies and arrows are due to the "dynamic" nature of the overlays in question --- you simply CANNOT change that behavior -- move it a bit, one way or another, but no significant changes at all ! In many ways (as far as entries and exits are concerned) ziggies behave in similar ways to HA candles, in that they lag because they need to compute recent information.

While trading manually, I use a number of "pointers" but depend on "silvertrend", "super signals" and of course zig zag pointer. MORE IMPORTANT though, is the use of Barrys "support and resistance"

NOW, before you get nutzoid, notice that there will be multiple passes on each timeframe as the price finds its true exit, and of course what is good for the 15 minute chart is only an appetizer to what the H4 needs !

Quickly then --- with s+r set up, you have a "target" exit, which you can then confirm with fibs (if your "target" and the fib 50 are both fighting to live in the same place, THATS where I would place my tp -- if you got a few major ma's there also, pick out what tuxedo you wish to wear cause youre stepping out tonite !)

ANYWAY --- the ziggy pointer comes on, the ZZ-1 lights up and you figure its exit time, BUT ITS NOT AT SUPPORT ! Do you see ANOTHER arrow below the ziggy pointer ? Perhaps silverlining or supersignals ? ----- those indicators are simply telling you there is more downside room, so now look DOWN and see what support is lying around, basking in the sun and just waiting for somene to come visit !

MUCH later in the day or nite, you will find your price has dropped into "support's" home for a visit, because prices have to make a minimum of TWO PASSES from the 15 min chart to the H4 chart !

now go code that !

mp

turnupvol:
MP, can you gives a screen shot or two of an example of what your explaining.

Thanks,

Craig

===============================================

sorry, but the first example i found was of resistance and not support, but its all the same situation --- the white arrows pointing to the red arrows are the case in point and the red arrows are resistance areas NOT YET HIT.

further along, the currency will rise in value to what resistance reads on the arrows, which in this case are "super signals"

mp

Files:
Reason: