The Only Pivot - page 209

Anyone using the EA on other pairs? In addition to the GBPJPY I have been using it with EURJPY, GBPCHF and EURCHF. I have the indicators on so I can see the arrows. The EA opened buys for the EURJPY, GBPCHF and EURCHF even though no up arrow was signaled. I thought this was strange.

We have a sell signal and I am in short @ 212.43 using David's EA v1.2.

First Chart: the original Only Pivot without any filters.

Sell Signal.

Second Chart: Buffer Filter (2 SMMA Envelope, w/0.05 deviation)

No Trade.

Note: Waiting for Upper Band (Red Band) to close below Daily Open Price ("D1OP")for a short signal.

Third Chart: Weekly Filter (W1F). Weekly Open Price ("W1OP") = 209.13

No Trade.

Note: If 2 SMMA closes above D1OP we will get a long signal. We need 2 SMMA to close below W1OP for a short, which I doubt will happen today since price will have to move down approx. over +300 pips and close below W1OP.

TimeFreedom

Most likely the reason the EA opened the buy trades is because the 2 SMMA was above the current Daily Open Price. You didn't get an up arrow because we never got an opposite sell signal. Indicator will not plot two buy/sell signals one after another.

TimeFreedom

tubby:
Anyone using the EA on other pairs? In addition to the GBPJPY I have been using it with EURJPY, GBPCHF and EURCHF. I have the indicators on so I can see the arrows. The EA opened buys for the EURJPY, GBPCHF and EURCHF even though no up arrow was signaled. I thought this was strange.

That makes sense. Thanks TF!

Upper Band (Red Band) closed below daily open price and we now have a late sell signal using the Buffer Filter (2 SMMA Envelope, w/0.05 deviation).

Note: I am posting these charts so that we may compare the signals.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:

Sell Signal.

No Trade.

Note: Waiting for Upper Band (Red Band) to close below Daily Open Price ("D1OP")for a short signal.

No Trade.

Note: If 2 SMMA closes above D1OP we will get a long signal. We need 2 SMMA to close below W1OP for a short, which I doubt will happen today since price will have to move down approx. over +300 pips and close below W1OP.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Most likely the reason the EA opened the buy trades is because the 2 SMMA was above the current Daily Open Price. You didn't get an up arrow because we never got an opposite sell signal. Indicator will not plot two buy/sell signals one after another. TimeFreedom

This is my first post - great thread and system, been following it for some time. I have hacked around with the various codes to suit my own trading. There seems to be some confusion about what the EA does at the start of the day. As I see it In both versions 1.3 and 1.5 the EA opens a trade at the start of the day depending on whether the 2ma is above or below (not crossing) the pivot (+/- any filter) . In v1.5 usebrain and useweekly might affect this. Only after the start of the day does the EA look for crossing of the 2ma and pivot.

Hi TimeFreedom,

I don't get Buffer Filter (2 SMMA Envelope, w/0.05 deviation),

Please post this indicator.

Thanks & Regards,

EA closed short trade for -27 pips and entered a reversal buy trade @ 212.57.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:

Sell Signal.

No Trade.

No Trade.

TimeFreedom

Lower Band (Green Band) closed above daily open price and we have a late buy signal using the Buffer Filter.

Note: This is my last post on the Buffer Filter to alleviate any confusion. I will continue using the Buffer Filter at my own leisure. If you have any questions regarding Buffer Filter you can PM me.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Upper Band (Red Band) closed below daily open price and we now have a late sell signal using the Buffer Filter (2 SMMA Envelope, w/0.05 deviation).

Note: I am posting these charts so that we may compare the signals.

TimeFreedom

We have a buy signal using the Weekly Open Price Filter ("W1F") and did not get a a short signal, therefore we did not incur a loss.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:

Sell Signal.

No Trade.

No Trade.

TimeFreedom
Reason: