The Only Pivot - page 161

sorry, I fixed a problem with that last one. This one is better. It open trades, stops and reverses on a cross, sets up profit targets, stop losses, and moves the stop losses when you are in profit.

Backtesting looks good, but I don't put much trust in that.

Files:
pivot_v_1.mq4  10 kb

I wrote an EA to trade this system. I am no pro at this, so trade at your own risk. let me know what you think.

edit: I put on an updated one a few posts down.

Files:

looks like everyone start this week with nice pips . 100pips+

TimeFreedom, thx for all your posting here, it's so helpful

i try to find filter to avoid bad signal, but until now i think the most important is our MoneyManagement and Discipline...

good luck for you all

I appreciate you taking the time to code TheOnlyPivot strategy. I also don't put much importance in backtesting, but find StrategyTester a good tool to optimize TP and SL. I ran a backtest and so far so good. I will take a look at optimizing the SL and TP and also the MM using your EA. Again, thanx for your time and your willingness to share with us.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
sorry, I fixed a problem with that last one. This one is better. It open trades, stops and reverses on a cross, sets up profit targets, stop losses, and moves the stop losses when you are in profit. Backtesting looks good, but I don't put much trust in that.
davidwillis:
I wrote an EA to trade this system. I am no pro at this, so trade at your own risk. let me know what you think. edit: I put on an updated one a few posts down.

Today was a "no-brainer" trading day. Let's hope we get more no-brainers.

TimeFreedom

stevenali:
looks like everyone start this week with nice pips . 100pips+

TimeFreedom, thx for all your posting here, it's so helpful

i try to find filter to avoid bad signal, but until now i think the most important is our MoneyManagement and Discipline...

good luck for you all

Cihuuuyyy...

my first day on demo +50 and +117...

bravo STA, TF, AND CORE...

First bug I noticed is on 01-18-08, Order# 55 & 56, which was a sell signal. The EA should not have opened the trade on the same candle with the short signal. The EA should wait for the close of the signal candle or the open of the next candle to open the sell trade.

Note: You can check my statement for the the order#'s.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
sorry, I fixed a problem with that last one. This one is better. It open trades, stops and reverses on a cross, sets up profit targets, stop losses, and moves the stop losses when you are in profit. Backtesting looks good, but I don't put much trust in that.

wawan:
my first day on demo +50 and +117... bravo STA, TF, AND CORE...

Good trade Wawan

Discipline

Files:
mantra.pdf  122 kb

TimeFreedom

I finally got to put the MTP 1.7 on my chart to see if it takes care of things for me. Its not bad, but I do not understand what you meant by that once a TP is hit, one must refresh it since I did not do that and just left it alone the entire session....

Of course this is demo

Files:
gbpjpy_1h.jpg  29 kb
Reason: