Made several Backtesting at once

Hi,

Im backtesting my strategy under different TP/SL and indicator parameters (as period), so i run a backtesting, i take note of results, then i change my code (TP for example) and run it again to compara with previous results and get optimal profit parameters. I was wondering if i can configurate MT to run everything at once and save results somewhere, i currently using MT4 but i can change to MT5 if it allows it.

Thanks for your replies.

wecoach: Im backtesting my strategy under different TP/SL and indicator parameters (as period), so i run a backtesting, i take note of results, then i change my code (TP for example) and run it again to compara with previous results and get optimal profit parameters. I was wondering if i can configurate MT to run everything at once and save results somewhere, i currently using MT4 but i can change to MT5 if it allows it.

Yes! It is called "Optimization" and here is the MetaTrader v4 Documentaion on it!

PS! Remember to set your variables to "extern" or "input" in your code so that you can use those variables in the optimization.
Expert Optimization - Auto Trading - MetaTrader 4 Help
Expert Optimization - Auto Trading - MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
Optimization represents successive passes of the same expert advisor with different inputs on the same data. At that, such parameters can be sorted out at which the expert efficiency will be maximal. Terminal...

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes! It is called "Optimization" and here is the MetaTrader v4 Documentaion on it!

PS! Remember to set your variables to "extern" or "input" in your code so that you can use those variables in the optimization.
WOW!! Thank you so much Fernando for your fast reply!! I will read articles carefuly
Reason: