Bliksem (Counter Trend EA) - page 3

tururo:
How may I be of assistance?

Hi Tururo

Thanks for the offer to help, very kind of you.

I think for now lets wait and see what issues arise with the current version that is on test and then deal with them one at a time as they arise?

Are you happy with that suggestion or do you require any additional information from me?

I am running this new version since Monday on IBFX EUR/USD

It has not done one single trade yet.

Anyone else had any luck starting a trade yet? I am not talking about forward testing.

I mean live Demo. No action on mine yet.

I am using the settings from the first page for the different time frames.

Right now

Spyker H1 Long

H4 Long

M30 Middle

M5 Middle

Maybe these setting are too conservative and the EA will make maybe 1 trade per month.

Any help would be well received.

nubika

Hi Nubika

There is no trade environment at the moment.

Spyker H1 Long

H4 Long

M30 Middle

M5 Middle

M5, M30 and H4 all have to be in the same direction and H1 against for a trade setup to be valid.

If you think these settings are to conservative then please try some other settings, that is why I posted the EA to the public.

Good luck though. What you call to conservative I call risky with this strategy.

Here is a link to a Live Demo as you call it?

Statement: 9015669 - Demo

hi Kamper,

thank you for sharing your ea. i've been working on 10point3 ea for sometime now but think your ea is much safer to run martingale lot sizing. i'll be running it on eurusd, eurjpy and gbpjpy as the later 2 pairs trends more. however, i would increase the pip increment to 10 for eurjpy and 20 for gbpjpy so as to reduce the likelihood of the ea opening up till the 8th or 9th step should a huge drawdown would to occur, which would definitely be nerve racking.

we shall see how it performs tomorrow onwards, especially during nfp.

kaching $$$....

Thanks Wstang, be interesting to know what the optimum pip spread is for the different pairs, please keep us informed.

KaMpeR:

I think for now lets wait and see what issues arise with the current version that is on test and then deal with them one at a time as they arise?

Are you happy with that suggestion or do you require any additional information from me?

No problem here.

Whatsup?

Anybody got results to post from last week?

Also I'd really like to hear about any changes or additions that anyone thinks should be made?

from my limited experience with this ea, it is best to start it when the 13 ema is still in between on the 55's 4hr chart to take the most advantage of a trend and also to avoid buying at the tops/bottoms. also, i'd think the 6 pip steps with 9 levels are very risky, even for eurusd.

i've also noticed that the ea will make additional trades on the underlying trend when the PRICE dips in between the 55's and back up again. have you noticed this or is this supposed to be the actual strategy? nevertheless, it's a good strategy tho, which brings to the next question, does the ea/strategy uses the trailing stop as the only means of taking a trade out? what if the trend turns sour upon entering (say within 50 pips) and the 13 ema goes pass the other way round on the 4hr? will it close all of the opposing trades to the current trend and re-opens trades based on the current trend as usual?

wilson.

Hi Wilson

Not sure I understand the question 100% but I'll give you an answer anyway.

Initially the EA opens trades as per the requirements that I posted on the first page. Then in an effort to attempt to catch more pips on a long trend, the EA will close out the "basket" but leave some trades open with a TS to follow the trend while at the same time starting a new "basket" of trades.

So it has two manners of closing out trades, firstly by the basket, in other words all trades at the same time for a combined profit of X, or it will selectively leave some profitable trades open to take advantage of a trend that may be running in an attempt to get more pips rather than just closing the entire basket and starting a new one.

Hope that helps.

As for the MA question, that one is simple, as long as the MA are in the same state, the EA will trade, so even little dips that correct will be traded.

thanks for the explanation Kamper. i've changed some of the settings on the ea ie. higher pipstep than the original 6 to 20, number of trades in the basket to 11 and mutiplying the lot size by a factor of 1.5 instead of 2. i feel that these settings are safer in the long run but we shall see the performance in real time. currently am running 3 pairs (eurusd, eurjpy and gbpjpy) and is down 5% because i have not tinkle with the original SL of 50. will update you in due time.

wilson.

Reason: