More safe settings.

M1 timeframe.

EURGBP.

I will post updated statement later.

It is just some stats from the Metatrader:

===============

All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Is it possible to have Martingale as follows?

Dear Newdigital,

I have been using this interesting TickScalper EA with good success.

However, due to its' own Martingale strategy that adds new higher lot size from the next orders, when market goes against the current trades' direction of the EA too far, it will become quite risky.

So, I would like to ask you following questions and have some suggestions:

1. In case the market goes against the EA's trade direction too far, will TickScalper V3.44 version Continue to increase the lot size on the next orders it places?

2. What is the maximum lot size that TickScalper EA will place on the next orders if market continues to go against it?

3. Will TickScalper stop to place new orders when reaching a certain lot size? or when the free margin of the account is not enough to place a new order?

4. I noticed from the trades of TickScalper EA and see that:

aaa. For Eurgbp, Tickscalper EA will place a new trade when market goes against the current trade for 24 pips.

+ So, is it possible to allow the TickScalper EA to place a new trade that is 40 pips away from the current trade instead of 24 pips like now?

bbb. For Eurusd, Tickscalper EA will place a new trade when market goes against the current trade for 24 pips, too.

+ So, again, is it possible to allow Tickscalper EA to place a new trade that is 40 pips away from the current trade instead of 24 pips like now?

I observed that if the distance is 40 pips (instead of 24 pips) from one trade to another when the new double lot size is placed, it is much safer for the account to sustain the volatile market when it is happening, especially when we use Tickscalper EA on volatile pairs such as: Eurusd, Gbpusd, etc.

+ For very strongly volatile pairs such as: Gbpjpy, Gbpchf, Eurjpy, I think the distance between each trade should be 50 - 60 pips to make Tickscalper EA trade SAFELY.

I hope to receive your detailed information and explanations from you to all my above questions soon.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

James

Hi jamesphuc72,

There are the following in the EA's settings/input:

- MaxOrders.

In this way you can limit about how many orders you will have in case of the market continues to go against.

It is 10 in my settings. But you an place 5 or 7 for example.

- Maximum lot size in case of the the market continues to go against?

It is MaxLots parameter in the EA's input.

Yes, of course - EA will stop placing the order if rich this MaxLots value, or rich this MaxOrders value.

There are MaxLoss (max loss for 1 lot) so you can set it too.

MGStep = 25 pips in my settings.

If you want 60 so set MGStep to 60.

Inside the code (as the example how it was coded):

if(b_pips <= -(MGStep/* + spread*/)) BuyOrdOpen(MGRatio); if(s_pips <= -(MGStep/* + spread*/)) SellOrdOpen(MGRatio);

So, play with MGStep and MGRatio.

-----------------

I do not think that we need to change something:

EA is profitable for some pairs.

Why we need to increase our risk to receive more ROI?

I started in 21of january this year with 3,000 initial deposit and for now - it is 6,351. EURGBP only.

ROI = 455% in case of 3,000 initial deposit - it is very good: to deposit 3,000 to the broker to have 13,673 dollars for 1 year (Annual Forecasting grow). It is very good. Especially if it is on one Metatrader's account without the settings changed.

If you want to trade GBPJPY so you should have big initial deposit. I am not recommending to trade volatile pairs.

The only talking/changing can be the following:

- How to receive same ROI = 400% in case of 1,000 initial deposit with no risk for margin call ...

Yes.

But it is the problem with the setting.

Because if you will have MGStep = 60 (instead of 25) so your 'max lots' will not be very big. But you will have big drawdown. Because all those martingales trades will be opened started with 0.01 lot size.

If 25 - so it is more quickly:

- buy trade at lot size 0.01;

- after 25 pips - other buy at lot size 0.02

after 25 - next buy at 0.04

and so on ... and al those trades are open.

(lot sizes values are multiplied by 2 because MGRatio = 2).

But in case of 60 pips?

You will have big max floating drawdown.

And you will need more big deposit size.

Thanks, Newdigital. Can MGRatio = 1.5?

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for all explanations. I now know how to control the max lot size and max orders to be placed by this EA.

By the way, instead of using MGRatio = 2, can I use MGRatio = 1.5? Does Tickscalper ea calculate the next order lot size by 1.5 ratio?

Thanks and regards,

James

Try ... I do not know.

Put 1.5 and backtest just to see the lot sizes.

Thanks, Newdigital. If I want to limit potential loss in USD. How can I do?

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks. It does not work with 1.5 because lot size calculation is not accurate.

By the way, suppose I want to limit the total loss of all lot sizes and all open orders to 200usd, for example, then, what should I do?

200usd loss is the total loss of all open orders and for all lot sizes of eurgbp or eurusd. So, what should I change on Inputs of Tickscalper ea?

Waiting for your prompt reply asap.

Thanks and regards,

James

May be MaxLoss?

I did not try this feature sorry.

It is written inside the code that

"Maximum Loss by 1 Lot" so I do not know.

Or just try to set StopLoss value.

As to MGRatio so I placed 1.5 and EA opens all the trades by 0.01 lot size and in profit:

It is very interesting.

May be I will try this option to trade.

Files:

I put maxlot = 1.6, but Tickscalper still opened 3.2 lot?

Dear Newdigital,

I put maxlot = 1.6, but I did not know why today, it opened up to 3.2 lot (after the trend went against the last order of 1.6 lot size for 24 pips).

Maybe, we need the creator of this EA to have a look at inside code and fix it so that it can work properly according to maxlot size we allow it to open.

Thanks and regards,

James

H jamesphuc72,

This EA is performing as good so I am not going to ask anything. If you are going to use very small deposit size with many pairs trading so sorry - it is martingale scalper.

It is very good for EURGBP.

Look at the performance.

One week.

22 of April. Today.

4.93 dollars.

Max lot size was 0.02.

21 of April.

3.38 dollars.

Max lot size was 0.01

20 of April.

1.70 dollars.

Max lot size was 0.01

19 of April.

55.08 dollars.

Max lot size was 0.08

16 of April.

2.78 dollars.

Max lot size was 0.02

15 of April.

Max lot size was 0.64

It is 946.27 dollars for 1 week.

Initial deposit was 3,000 in the end of January.

And it is 6.359 dollars for now.

Max lot size was 1.28.

Max floating drawdown was about 400 dollars.

Annual Forecasting grow is 13,507 dollars. It means: it will be the profit for 1 year as 13,507.

It is for EURGBP only.

This EA is profitable for EURGBP, and I am not going to change anything and to ask about anything.

if you want to be ruch for 1 day so sorry.

This EA is martingale scalper and it can not be used with 1,000 dollars initial deposit trading with many pairs.

No need to change the EA which is profitable.

3.44 version.

More safe settings.

M1 timeframe.

EURGBP.

===============

All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Reason: