Please help. Newbie programmer.

Hi,

I want to learn programming in mql 4&5, started 2 weeks ago. But so far i didint find any type of resolution for my system.

System generate signal after MA crossing - i know how to do this.

System than place pending order buy/sell from MA level. As price bounce lvl. I dont know if it is possible to set pending order from moving average which lvl change on every bar.

I dont want code from u, i want answer to question : Is it possible to program bot sending pending order from moving average lvl, refreshed(Changed with MA lvl change) on every new bar close?

Please just answer me. If yes i will continue searching and learning for resolution myself.

Thanks a lot.

Sirru82:

Hi,

I want to learn programming in mql 4&5, started 2 weeks ago. But so far i didint find any type of resolution for my system.

System than place pending order buy/sell from MA level. As price bounce lvl. I dont know if it is possible to set pending order from moving average which lvl change on every bar.

I dont want code from u, i want answer to question : Is it possible to program bot sending pending order from moving average lvl, refreshed(Changed with MA lvl change) on every new bar close?

Please just answer me. If yes i will continue searching and learning for resolution myself.

Thanks a lot.

programming in mql 4&5 ......... mq4 is not same as mq5

Depends on price that moment and how you place your pending trades read and understood this: https://book.mql4.com/appendix/limits

Sirru82:

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

Hi Sirru82,

Yes its possible.

Is this of any help - My First EA ?

Is it possible -> Yes it's very much possible.

Can this be done -> It depends on how near pending_price is to current_price.

Thank you all so much.

So far got mql programming book, onlinebook and forums, from 2 weeks didint find any resolution to my subject of buying/selling from MA's levels from those resources.

I will continue searching, learning in that case :)

Best of luck for u all.

Another thing,

As i am just starting and my brain is still empty :D

Perhaps i should learn mq5 instead of mq4? mq5 seems have nice new abilities, simplicity.....what do you think?

thanks

Sirru82:

Thank you all so much.

So far got mql programming book, onlinebook and forums, from 2 weeks didint find any resolution to my subject of buying/selling from MA's levels from those resources.

I will continue searching, learning in that case :)

Best of luck for u all.

The moment you think I don't know how to do it. I tried all I can think how it has to be done and everything fails

Then if you show what you tried tell what happens and what you wanted to happen, in that case there are here several people

willing to help you to get you in the direction how to solve the problem...

Good luck learning... We all have to learn

Sirru82:

Another thing,

Perhaps i should learn mq5 instead of mq4? mq5 seems have nice new abilities, simplicity.....what do you think?

thanks

At this moment there are more brokers using MT4 then there are brokers using MT5

If you look to the pages of MT5 book (2887) and you have no idea what the writing is about then starting learning mq4 is easier

More sources to get information.....

Sirru82:

Another thing,

thanks

Hi sirru82,

Actually MQL4 is much simple than MQL5, and many broker has not yet adopted MT5, so there are plenty brokers still using MT4. Also MT5/MQL5 is still developing with new updates, so there will be more command and function added to MQL5.

If you have no previous experience of programming starting with MLQ4 is prbably a good idea.
Reason: