Parabolic SAR indicator - page 7

Parabolic Sar

Hi all

Please is anyone able to fix the following indicator as it repaints?

Cheers

Files:
ftse.gif  25 kb
ftse_2.gif  24 kb

The Power of Psar

I was looking around some Forex Strategies and I found one that is very interesting. It is based on Macd and Psar (Parabolic SAR)

The strategy as is is not very good and does lead to some bad losses. yet when filtered through timeframes it does much much better. Originally the strategy was meant to be traded on the 5 Min charts. I moved it up to be traded on the 4 Hr charts and only take trades on the direction of daily charts when a valid trade comes up on the higher timeframe.

I have also modified the trading strategy rules a bit to get into trades earlier and out sooner.

Directions for making a buy trade:

1) Psar (Step 0.1 and Maximum 0.11) Below candle on Daily

2) Psar below Macd bars

3) Same setup on 4 Hr charts

4) only trade in Daily direction for valid setups

5) trail stop along Psar

-Opposite for sell trades-

The Macd Psar is inserting because it filters out sideways markets pretty well across time frames.

-Message to Admin-

Feel free to move this thread to trading suggestions if it doesn't suit manual trading systems thread criteria.

Files:
t1.gif  49 kb

Trail Stop on Daily PSAR or H4 PSAR?

trail stop would be on 4 Hr

Parabolic Sars Money Management and Stop Loss

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to an indicator or EA that uses the Parabolic Sar to set the stop loss (plus trailing) and the lot size (money management)?

For example if I have an account size of $1,000 and want to risk 1% ($10) and the parabolic sars figure is 100pips away from open then it will set the lot size to 0.01 (10cents per point). Additionally, with every new bar the parabolic sar is used as a trailing stop.

Regards,

[langtitle=fr]Original indicator Parabolic Sar by Wilder[/langtitle]

[lang=fr]Hi !

I'm searching for the ORIGINAL parabolic SAR, developped by Wilder. I have made the code of this indicator for PRT platform, but i don't know coding in MT4.

If someone has knowledge in MT4 coding, i can give the code by private message, to adapt this in MT4 coding.

Thanks[/lang]

And immediately one version that uses that function but with a possible choice of different price for calculation (original exclusively uses high and low, in this one you can specify different prices for that calculation) Some additional options and "whistles and bells" (alerts) added in order to make it more clear how the original function can be used for all-in-one results return

Here is an example of a parabolic SAR of close and step set to 0.01 (as a reminder, Welles Wilder was usually using daily time frame, hence the example is applied to daily chart. The difference of using only close in calculation gives us interesting results though : this example can not be achieved with the original high-low calculation)

Files:

Parabolic SAR ...

There were some problems with the "Parabolic SAR indicator" thread, so reposting it (with a shorter description this time)

Main reason for posting : to avoid errors in the built in metatrader parabolic SAR indicator (at the lower picture is an example with a value which must not be there, according to original Welles Wilders description of parabolic SAR)

Secondary reason was to made simple and reusable function that can be fed with any data and it will then be able to calculate parabolic SAR values for those chosen values. It is done as well as the correct calculation, so this one is a correct parabolic SAR indicator

Files:
sar_wrong.gif  22 kb
sar_ok.gif  26 kb

...is it possible to be able to "assign" parabolic curve so that it will close an order?...

Parabolic sar 3

HELLO MLADEN, Thanks for the PARABOLIC SAR 2 that enables one to use CLOSE PRICE instead of the default HIGH - LOW. I made an interesting observation that using both high/low and close as filter against each other even produces a smoother and better result. Can you kindly create a SAR 3 with these rules ; 1). Use two SAR 2 settings, one using HIGH/LOW and the second using CLOSE. 2) Use the same values for both of them,e.g, 0.02;0.2 for the first and 0.02;0.2

for the second. 3) For a VALID UPTREND the dots of both must be BELOW THE PRICE BAR while for a VALID DOWNTREND the dots of both must be ABOVE THE PRICE BAR. 4) Though we are using 2 SARs only one of them would show on the CHART AND DATA WINDOW at the close of every bar. When both SARs are BELOW THE PRICE BAR (UPTREND) ONLY the dot with the LOWEST PRICE of the two would show,while when both are ABOVE THE PRICE BAR (DOWNTREND) ONLY the dot with the HIGHEST PRICE would show. Once again THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your invaluable services.

Reason: