ToR 1.02 - Trending or Ranging - page 10

Thanks for the update nittany1. I like the new features too!

nice, Nittany!

all left to do in next version (if you want to):

double di_p_m30 = iADX(NULL,TF4,14,PRICE_CLOSE,1,0); // DI+ 30 min

double di_m_m30 = iADX(NULL,TF4,14,PRICE_CLOSE,2,0); // DI- 30 min

// h1 ADX data

double adx_h1 = iADX(NULL,TF5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0,0); // ADX 1 hour

double adx_1ago_h1 = iADX(NULL,TF5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0,1); // ADX 1 hr 1 bar ago

extern int TF4 = 30;

extern int TF5 = 60;//whatever

extern bool Show_TF5 = true;

p.s. (4 myself i left up/dn weaker/stronger(red darkred green darkgreen) even if it ranging)

weaker/stronger - good idea; feels more intuitive

nittany1:
1.11 was broken with some of the text objects. If anyone has that version delete it and download 1.12 instead, it works. Plus there are a lot of improvements to make it more efficient. -nittany1

this is nittany1,this is the man

nice,nice,nice...

it just as you promised,you did it ...

nittany1,

i hope that u did not forget about the percentage values too { ..(e.i "STRONG UP 80%","STRONG DOWN 80%","WEAK DOWN 55%","WEAK UP 55%"

and in last TO HAVE

FINAL ANALISIS

(e.i "WEAK DOWN..%,WEAK UP ..%,STRONG DOWN..%,STRONGUP...%.....etc)

Personaly,it will help me to set my targets (how far ) as points + (how long) as time (when it is strong will mean to hold the position for more longer time..i use H4 time frame,..and when WEAK will mean just get out with near targets and waiting for collapsing soon..maybe...)

I HOPE THAT YOU DO NOT GET ANNOYED WITH MY REQUESTES ..

Thank you very much in advance for ur kind help and very nice work..

nice, Nittany!

all left to do in next version (if you want to):

double di_p_m30 = iADX(NULL,TF4,14,PRICE_CLOSE,1,0); // DI+ 30 min

double di_m_m30 = iADX(NULL,TF4,14,PRICE_CLOSE,2,0); // DI- 30 min

// h1 ADX data

double adx_h1 = iADX(NULL,TF5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0,0); // ADX 1 hour

double adx_1ago_h1 = iADX(NULL,TF5,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0,1); // ADX 1 hr 1 bar ago

extern int TF4 = 30;

extern int TF5 = 60;//whatever

extern bool Show_TF5 = true;

p.s. (4 myself i left up/dn weaker/stronger(red darkred green darkgreen) even if it ranging)

weaker/stronger - good idea; feels more intuitive

Hi fxbs

I wish that i know something about programming..at least to understand what you guys mean

anyway,you look like you are doing something good..LOL

OK I posted a new version of ToR in the first post in this thread. It has a nifty new feature, it shows the price typical CCI with two user adjustable periods in each of the 1 min, 5 min and 15 min timeframes. It also shows if CCI is going uphill or downhill on each of said timeframes.

- nittany1

Version 1.20 (latest)

Hi Nittany,

Thanks alot for adding the cci info. it is possible to include the higher timeframe? for example H1, H4 and daily?

Thank you. great work.

matfx

How does this indicator compare with Damiani Volatmeter?

matfx:
Hi Nittany,

Thanks alot for adding the cci info. it is possible to include the higher timeframe? for example H1, H4 and daily?

Thank you. great work.

matfx

My baby is sick right now I'll do what I can. I can maybe add another level and include some longer timeframes below the 1,5 and 15.

forexmoments:
How does this indicator compare with Damiani Volatmeter?

That one uses average true range and standard deviation. ATR (average true range) is another Wilder indicator from the 1970s, it measures volatility. After some math which I won't go into here, it tries to pick local highs and lows over 14 periods, an inverse of what is shown on ATR is what is the local high or low on the price action. Basically, a high ATR is supposed to signify low on your price action and vice versa.

ADX and CCI are used in ToR, average directional index and commodity channel index. ADX shows whether you are trending or ranging (oscillating) and CCI shows variation from a typical price.

So basically, they are different, fundamentally and technically, is the answer. And actually the name volatmeter is short for volatility meter. ToR is short for Trending or Ranging. So now you know.

nittany1:
OK I posted a new version of ToR in the first post in this thread. It has a nifty new feature, it shows the price typical CCI with two user adjustable periods in each of the 1 min, 5 min and 15 min timeframes. It also shows if CCI is going uphill or downhill on each of said timeframes. - nittany1

nittany1

Just as usuallll..new piece of art of stat...very good job

MAY I ASK YOUR KINDNESS for this idea please :

How about if you the option for user to choose his favorit TF & his favorit adjustable periods this option for both ADX and CCI...(some people prefer high TF )..

there is note in cci it sometimes saying "downhill" while it is in green 98.7..!!!...i think there is something wrong or i maybe did not understand the logic of it..maybe)

""PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF UR BABY""

Let me say this :

YOU ROCK..THANK YOU

Reason: