ToR 1.02 - Trending or Ranging - page 14

Great job!

Many thanks...

nittany1:
Build 215 is now out, maybe it addresses some problems people were having.

Nittany,

this is a great little indicator. I took the liberty of re-arranging it for my own purpose. Attached is the re-arranged (minimalistic) version of this indicator.

Cheers, Kris

Files:
tor_1.21.mq4  34 kb
tor.gif  14 kb

btw. from your pict: make sense to put step ma readings to "trending or ranging?"- up,dn, flat(range)

Tokarus:
Nittany,

this is a great little indicator. I took the liberty of re-arranging it for my own purpose. Attached is the re-arranged (minimalistic) version of this indicator.

Cheers, Kris

Thank you!.Could you modify this indicator ,add H4 timeframe CCI value?i think it will more powerful

Tokarus:
Nittany,

Cheers, Kris

Kris,

I'm glad you like it and you're able to modify it to suit your needs. Best of luck in all your trades!

nittany1

ToR

Kris,

Great changes...much easier to read. is it possible to add in the alert discussed earlier and maybe the ability to change the colors? any help would be appreciated. michael

Cci

Hi everyone,

Thanks for this useful indicator.

I am new to forex so I am still learning. I understand how to interpret the ADX. Can someone explain to me how to interpret the CCI numbers in this indicator? At the moment I depend on the the colour and the "uphill" or "downhill" status.

Thank you.

Have a blessed day.

ADX stands for average directional index. Anything less than 20 is considered ranging, over 20 is trending. I set a very conservative 23 as the stock setting between ranging and trending.

CCI stands for commodity channel index. It is an expression of variation of price from a statistical mean.

What I did was take several timeframes and put them in a panel format so you can see what the indicators are doing on the various TF. If you don't understand uphill or downhill look at a CCI indicator and you'll see what it means.

Thanks very much Nittany.

I downloaded some of your other indis just now. Unfortunately the markets are closed.

Can't wait to try 'em out.

Thanks for freely sharing all your work here. Hope Jr. is doing fine.

Have a blessed day.

scalper03:
Thank you!.Could you modify this indicator ,add H4 timeframe CCI value?i think it will more powerful

I agree, here it is with H4 CCI's...

Cheers, Kris

Files:
tor_1.22.mq4  37 kb
Reason: