Indicators/EAs for news and trading signals - page 16

jokokendil:
I supposed not to have any problem at all. I don't know what's the problem then... It's really strange... Perhaps my Vista got something wrong in it...

Well, I think you're not alone with the problems Windows Vista: More than 88 million copies sold | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com

Problem

Do I need keep MT4 running?

Once I stopped it newstrader stop working till the week ends. have to wait for next monday?

NewsTrader is working when market is open and when Metatrader is open and connected with internet.

If you close Metatrader so open it once again and NewsTrader will start working.

No need to wait for the next Monday.

By openning or restarting Metatrader you can initialize the calendar downloading to Newstrader. It means that Newstrader is downloading the calendar in to your PC when you open Metatrader.

So, no need to wait for the next Monday: open metatrader and NewsTrader will be connected.

Thank you

Thank you very much,

Absolutely right!

Linuxser:
Well, I think you're not alone with the problems Windows Vista: More than 88 million copies sold | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com

Thanks LinuxUser,

I'm using this Vista Home Premium because of I purchased HP 9211TX. While I'm as well as still waiting for HP's reply for me to be able to downgrade back to XP which comes now with SP3.

It is so anoying while everytime compiling mq4 then i should sit back in front of my old desktop under XP Pro SP3.

Unbelievable Vista! I should ask Arnold Schwarzennegger to say "Hasta la vista baby..." and boom...

Try to right clik on Metatrader's icon and "Open as administrator". And than update Metatrader. And than compile mql4 file (in open as administrator in MetaEditor and MetaTrader).

It should not be any problem with newstrader5.3 and indicator: just indicate right ID for calendar. If you mentioned ID which does not exist so it may be some problems like that ...

Hi there,

thanks for this great EA (NewsTrader). I'm trying to get it working, but having problems on backtest - it doesnt open any trades. It creates the csv file fine, but in the comments shown on the chart, the "Next =" is blank, and no trades get opened. What do I need to do?

Thanks again!

Sorry - never backtested it.

This EA is working (showing something on the chart) when the market is open. It means that price should be moved and EA will work.

OK thanks, I'll forward test this week !

Hi ND

newdigital:
Sorry - never backtested it. This EA is working (showing something on the chart) when the market is open. It means that price should be moved and EA will work.

Yes you're right. This EA can't be used for backtesting. It needs live moving pips to make it run.

The problem with news trapping, is during last week NFP, I got choppy losses which was so bad, because not only the choppy price it self, but as well as the widen spreads is killing me. Tho' with demo account, I've lost 13 000 out of 50 000 balance.

My idea is, is it possible for us to make it into one shot EA, as it calculate the probability of the previous and forecast value, then it open position.

Once it come with an entry, it could be either buy or sell, then at the same time, it prepare cut and reverse action when the actual news occur.

the cut and reverse is exactly stated in the input box, as for example: if entry with buy, so at the stop loss, it will be the sell stop price.

Options are, double up or multiply the lot of the pending order, trailing, and spread locking.

Can we improve the news trader EA to be this one please?

Thanks in advance ND.

Reason: