How to make EA work?

i've attached the EA, saw the smiling face......ticked allow live trading .... a demo account......its a trailing stop EA i was testing with but it isnt doing anything

please advice.

Post the EA...

the EA can be found in this forum, what i mean is non of the EA i attach is working altho its showing smiling face

You need to be patient, EAs only start trades when certain signals occur. Leave your computer online 24hours per day for a few days and you should see some action.

erm...do i have to put in the indicator before i can use the EA?

example EMA cross EA , do i need to put in EMA Moving averages?

also you said that put overnight, i've put more than 3 days but nothing happen

i also use trailing stop EA, and non of them shows working altho the smiling face is on and i've tick the allow live trading thing

dr2k3:
erm...do i have to put in the indicator before i can use the EA?

example EMA cross EA , do i need to put in EMA Moving averages?

also you said that put overnight, i've put more than 3 days but nothing happen

i also use trailing stop EA, and non of them shows working altho the smiling face is on and i've tick the allow live trading thing

First of all please read this posts:

- good post of cucurucu.

- Can't you autotrade?

- Learning to code for autotrading.

- Trading with Metatrader.

- mql4 manual.

As to indicator so if EA came together with indicator so you need to place indicator in /indicators folder. And restart MetaTrader, or compile everything in MetaEditor.

To see possible errors you need to go to log files (navigation panel below Metatrader's window/page - account/news/journal and so on).

eTrailing EAs are not openning any orders. Those kind of EAs are just processing the orders which were already opened by you or by other EA.

To know quickly about EA and how it works (and to select the right value of Money management to start with your desirable lot size so you may backtest

EA - jst to see: it works or not).

thanks for the advice...

what i mean is let say i "create" a moving average cross EA thingy, do i have to put in 2 additional moving averages(default indicator in metatrader)?

also i m consider a programming retard......have read those metatrader programing tutorial....i can still understand abit...but when i open a EA and look at those code(trying to modify) im like X_X, so if possible explain in a simple way

(im now using metatrader EA builder due to my stupidity =/ )

also i would like to know if i can program EA to Buy/Sell when moving average is 1-2 pip(example: moving average a is 2 pip away from MA B) away from each other...if possible give an example code please and thank you ^_^

dr2k3:
thanks for the advice... what i mean is let say i "create" a moving average cross EA thingy, do i have to put in 2 additional moving averages(default indicator in metatrader)?

Where to put?

If you create EA based on two MA indicators crossing so you need just one MA indicator.

If you did not use icustom so you do not need anything because this MA indicator is already in default indicators folder:

double Buy1_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, 21, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, i + 1);

If you used icustom function so this MA should be in custom indicators folder.

One is enough.

dr2k3:
also i m consider a programming retard......have read those metatrader programing tutorial....i can still understand abit...but when i open a EA and look at those code(trying to modify) im like X_X, so if possible explain in a simple way

(im now using metatrader EA builder due to my stupidity =/ )

also i would like to know if i can program EA to Buy/Sell when moving average is 1-2 pip(example: moving average a is 2 pip away from MA B) away from each other...if possible give an example code please and thank you ^_^

If you need to change something so use MetaEditor.

If you need to change the settings so there is EAs' navigation panel.

Yes, you can program (two pips away etc).

I modified wma indicator once again.

Please find:

- wma_cross6 indicator (with delata for sell and delta for buy. But it is necessary to find the good settings of EMAs and delta's.

- wma_cross5.1 (the same with wma_cross6 but together with RSI).

Files:

Where to put?

If you create EA based on two MA indicators crossing so you need just one MA indicator.

If you did not use icustom so you do not need anything because this MA

no..not put in folder..i mean do i have to activate the indicator in metatrader if i wan to use a EA

and how come your wma cross 6 picture EA is on down left while mine is on top right and yours doesnt have smily face yet work and mine have smily face and isnt working =/

is there any example code for the 2 pips away thingy?

dr2k3:
Where to put?

If you did not use icustom so you do not need anything because this MA

no..not put in folder..i mean do i have to activate the indicator in metatrader if i wan to use a EA

and how come your wma cross 6 picture EA is on down left while mine is on top right and yours doesnt have smily face yet work and mine have smily face and isnt working =/

is there any example code for the 2 pips away thingy?

No any activation any indicator in MetaTrader. You need just to place indicator in right folder and compile (because EA will use ex4 file only). Everything should be coded inside EA.

I coded indicator according to your request. It is indicator, not EA. If you look inside the code of this indicator (using MetaEditor) so you will see how this "2 pips away" should be coded.

You may use this indicator as icustom for example.

I coded indicator according to your request.

where is the indicator your refering to?

also is it possible to have 2 metatrader working at the same time? coz when i attach 2 ea the first one gone....i mean gone as in the top right there with the EA title change to diff EA title

Edited

...thanks for the help..i somehow manage to get the ea to work....i dono wether is the low margin below 1k thing :p or the allow import dll(after untick then it works) thing is blocking the ea from working...again, thanks newdigital

Reason: