New EA based on the !xMeter - page 46

Floatind Drawdown

venox250 i have a fe quetions for you.

What was your bigest floatin drawdown with the settings you are using?

What was your bigest martingale level?

How long are you runng this ea?

I am testing this EA for a moth with good results.

xmeter System | Myfxbook

Thanks

boki

boki:

xmeter System | Myfxbook

Thanks

boki

Hi,

I'm starting to get the feeling that some people here think that this EA is some kind of a Holy Grail. I don't want to offend anyone but knowing the answers to Your questions shouldn't make any difference. We all know here the nature of this EA so it would be only a 'so far' input.

To make it clear: this EA is capable of blowing the account it is running on even with the most conservative settings, however, I hope that it won't happen And to make it a bit more difficult: the results of this EA are highly broker-dependent (no two brokers offer the same currencies with the same price and the same swap conditions).

But to make You a bit more happier I give You some facts:

- my biggest floating drawdown was around 45% with default settings and with version 1.8

- biggest floating drawdown since 2.1 was around 15% (this is not due to good upgrades rather market sentiment)

- the highest number of recovery positions on a single pair was 7 (totalling 8 positions on symbol) same time when biggest drawdown happened

- I'm running this EA on a real money account since 31/10/2010 as You would know if You would have read through previous posts ( xMeter System | Myfxbook - my public stats page)

I saw your stats, that is how it should look like.

Good luck,

MikKi

boki:

xmeter System | Myfxbook

Thanks

boki

Hi Boki,

What happened to your account?

Data?

Does anyone have any Data of this indicators accuracy?

salohang:
Thank you for your great work. I will start forward test for this EA tonight ~~

The last move in EUR/JPY just viped my demo account.

pmacel:

What settings did you trade?

pmacel:

Yeah, current market movements have gone very much against xMeter. This indicates that this EA still needs manual supervising and some improvements.

Out of the 15 demos that I am working on with different settings, 12 of them got wiped out either with EURJPY or EURUSD, that's due to tthe sudden weakness in the Euro today.

However, it is interesting that on an account where I added a code to only trade between 12pm to 9pm EST time, it managed to stay out of all these volatilities and retained about 7% gain after 10 days of trading using 1x leverage, or 1 mini per 10K balance. This is encouraging to say the least, especially during the latter part of US session to beginning of Asian session, market tends to be a bit calmer...

I am also running this on a live account, I have managed to close those lingering recovery trades manually whenever I see them, just instinctively now, but I will have to figure out the rules on why I close them in the first place , but the end result is over 50% increase on my account for the last 3 weeks, using a little more aggressive 2x leverage setting, or 2 mini per each 10k.

I will share my results and my updates at the end of my testing... I understand that this is not a holy grail, but I think it is probably the best EA I've seen for a long time, thanks to everyone that worked on it, especially Venox for adding the grid average code.

neo1001

neo1001:
Out of the 15 demos that I am working on with different settings, 12 of them got wiped out either with EURJPY or EURUSD, that's due to tthe sudden weakness in the Euro today.

However, it is interesting that on an account where I added a code to only trade between 12pm to 9pm EST time, it managed to stay out of all these volatilities and retained about 7% gain after 10 days of trading using 1x leverage, or 1 mini per 10K balance. This is encouraging to say the least, especially during the latter part of US session to beginning of Asian session, market tends to be a bit calmer...

I am also running this on a live account, I have managed to close those lingering recovery trades manually whenever I see them, just instinctively now, but I will have to figure out the rules on why I close them in the first place , but the end result is over 50% increase on my account for the last 3 weeks, using a little more aggressive 2x leverage setting, or 2 mini per each 10k.

I will share my results and my updates at the end of my testing... I understand that this is not a holy grail, but I think it is probably the best EA I've seen for a long time, thanks to everyone that worked on it, especially Venox for adding the grid average code.

neo1001

Nice to see that You managed to profit from these market events

I'm curious about Your upgrades, what Your wrote here sounds great.

The compliments about grid averaging should go to the original author since I'm not the one who wrote that logic, but thanks

My work is the automatic pair selection, correlation filter, swap filter, bug-removal, code rewriting, etc

Good luck,

MikKi

Its funny to read everyone has gone trough the same yesterday My live account had 20 positions open on 5 symbols.

Unfortunatly it (caused?) had a zero divide error again this night along with the 'old ticks' messages .

My heavy overleveraged demo account had no problems at all and just did one trade.

I'm down on 14 positions on three symbols now.

Do you advise managing them manually or let Xmeter manage them? Its seems to do allright so far.

I've set trading to false anyway because I want to lower the spread it works with (in change for the 'positive swap only') it will still keep spawning recovery tradees as I read it in the code won't it?

Reason: