New EA based on the !xMeter - page 48

fate:
Is there anyone able to fix the 'zero divide' error in this EA? Its been running fine for a while now on my life account, but it crashed this afternoon and no matter what I do it keep giving me the zero divide error

Try to refresh all symbol's charts manually (open chart, refresh). Until this is done, disable EA. Then close metatrader and restart it. This should help.

Is there anyone able to fix the 'zero divide' error in this EA?

Its been running fine for a while now on my life account, but it crashed this afternoon and no matter what I do it keep giving me the zero divide error

edit: I got it running again with version 2.1, the problem seems biggest in 2.1.1

Hi venox,

I've already tried this, it keeps crashing.

sometimes it runs a minute and then it crashes.

btw 2.1 crashed also so I don't think there's much difference after all between them.

Maybe some routine can be build that reloads it after it crashed?

fate:
Hi venox,

I've already tried this, it keeps crashing.

sometimes it runs a minute and then it crashes.

btw 2.1 crashed also so I don't think there's much difference after all between them.

Maybe some routine can be build that reloads it after it crashed?

There is no magic routine that can fix something wrong No, EA can't be programatically reloaded from within MT4. You would require an external program for this but it's difficult to do.

If you could isolate the reason for zero divide it would help resolving it. Unfortunately I don't have it and whe I had it was solved with history download. What has changed in your platform?

Hi Mikki,

Nothing changed, it has been running fine, this afternoon 14:30 it crashed and I've been reloading it now for hours.

I've redownloaded all history (it filled up quite some gaps in the charts), refreshed all charts a zillion times.

Nothing, it keeps spitting out zero divide.

I;ve tried to attach it to other pairs, to other timeframes, all nothing.

My drawdown previous days was 35,- max, ofcourse now it is over 200,-, otherwise I would have just shut it down and restarted in januari.

I tried to edit the EA with a 'fix' someone posted a few pages back, but it did nothing.

Well if there was ever a oppertunity to troubleshoot this bug, its this.

Unfortunatly I have no idea what to do or where to search.

Has anyone actually made some serious pips from this EA?

fate:
Hi Mikki,

Nothing changed, it has been running fine, this afternoon 14:30 it crashed and I've been reloading it now for hours.

I've redownloaded all history (it filled up quite some gaps in the charts), refreshed all charts a zillion times.

Nothing, it keeps spitting out zero divide.

I;ve tried to attach it to other pairs, to other timeframes, all nothing.

My drawdown previous days was 35,- max, ofcourse now it is over 200,-, otherwise I would have just shut it down and restarted in januari.

I tried to edit the EA with a 'fix' someone posted a few pages back, but it did nothing.

Well if there was ever a oppertunity to troubleshoot this bug, its this.

Unfortunatly I have no idea what to do or where to search.

I'm sorry I don't have a fix for the zero divide. You should add some Print() statements to the code trying to isolate where the zero divide occurs. If you can find the exact line I might be able to correct it.

can you attach a ea with the print code?

As you know I'm no programmer. I don't mind paying for your time, It would be really good news if we can fix this.

Edit: btw what I notice is this:

I reload the EA, sometimes it immediatly starts to change the sl and tp of the open trades after wich it immediatly crashes before the EA loads in the interface (it keeps saying waiting for ticks).

Then I reload the EA again and it loads fine on the interface but does not change any trades and crashes after 1 or two minutes.

I've seen this pattern severeal times. So:

1. upon load, it changes trades, interface does not load, it crashes

2. upon load, it loads interface does nothing and crashes.

fate:
can you attach a ea with the print code? As you know I'm no programmer. I don't mind paying for your time, It would be really good news if we can fix this.

At first I'd add something like this:

Print("Checkpoint A");

at the beginning/end of every function (replace A with B, C, etc on every paste). Then run the EA, find out the last checkpoint (from the journal) which was reached. Then insert additional "Print()"s between the last reached and it's successor checkpoint - again with different letters.

Repeat this until just a few lines of code remain.

Common, is not that hard.

See attached version, is a quick fix (and merged modify SL and TP to reduce order modify requests)

Files:
Reason: