New EA based on the !xMeter - page 47

fate:
Its funny to read everyone has gone trough the same yesterday

My live account had 20 positions open on 5 symbols.

Unfortunatly it (caused?) had a zero divide error again this night along with the 'old ticks' messages .

My heavy overleveraged demo account had no problems at all and just did one trade.

I'm down on 14 positions on three symbols now.

Do you advise managing them manually or let Xmeter manage them? Its seems to do allright so far.

I've set trading to false anyway because I want to lower the spread it works with (in change for the 'positive swap only') it will still keep spawning recovery tradees as I read it in the code won't it?

The first thing proves that this EA works on all brokers the same way and that there are not that big differences as I thought. Pairs may change but basically the behaviour is the same

I don't want to advise You anything since Your account is Your money. If Your margin permits You could let xMeter try to handle the positions. It's a nice trick to switch trading off (in MetaTrader, 'allow live trading') if You see price is going against You fast until market calms and only then switch EA on again. This way a lot of recovery positions can be spared (this is an upgrade I'm planning to do so that EA doesn't needs to be switched off).

You see it right, xMeter handles recovery positions always, even if the specific pair is not allowed to trade by the other parameters.

You can lower the SpreadLimit at any time, it won't affect existing positions and their handling.

MikKi

I experienced my largest drawdown to date yesterday. I am running two accounts, one at 500:1 and one at 300:1. Both accounts recovered to close in profit but the 300:1 account suffered a 42% drawdown, and too close for comfort to a margin call. The 500:1 had a drawdown of 10% (which I consider acceptable given the week's events). Both were running on default settings, so I have now changed the Account Risk setting of the 300:1 account to 0.06.

You see it right, xMeter handles recovery positions always, even if the specific pair is not allowed to trade by the other parameters.

You can lower the SpreadLimit at any time, it won't affect existing positions and their handling.

Maybe I don't understand clear what recovery positions are.

But I'm in heavy drawdown (29%) on two symbols.

I lowered the spread friday.

I noticed that in the 'experts'tab it said 'Bigspread' for the symbols I'm down on.

I decided to try to bring the spread back to where it was and immediatly the EA opened positions with a increased lot size.

These aren't recovery positions?

fate:
Maybe I don't understand clear what recovery positions are.

But I'm in heavy drawdown (29%) on two symbols.

I lowered the spread friday.

I noticed that in the 'experts'tab it said 'Bigspread' for the symbols I'm down on.

I decided to try to bring the spread back to where it was and immediatly the EA opened positions with a increased lot size.

These aren't recovery positions?

You are right, sorry. SpreadLimit does affect recovery positions. It was just my will to change this but it seems I forgot to do so

As I see this week might bring some consolidation (at least I hope so) so that xMeter might finally get out from this bad situation.

Well the spread mistake probably saved my ass given the fall of the euro we've seen today

So today I learned how to suspend recovery trading.

Lets just call it a feature instead of a bug

Max trades per hour

We could counter fast mowing market if we limit to 1 trade max per hour per currency.

Maybe that would be enough to counter margin call situations.

Boki

Since most trades are open for several hours or even days that won't do much. You need a stricter policy then.

I hope you all didn't gave up on this after the last setback. The EA on my liveaccount has recoverd my losses by now. Infact the biggest damage was done by my manual interfering out of fear.

Ofcourse if the eu would not have recovered but had dropped to $1,24 I probably would have been more satisfied with my interfering .

Lets face it, there's no such thing as a perfect EA, there's no 'set and forget'...ever.

This is however by far the best I came across. The single biggest danger in my opinion from this EA is still the dreaded 'zero divide' error.

In the last 24 hours I had it four times on my live account wich is running for several weeks now on a VPS.

I can live with all the drawdown we've seen if only someone would manage to solve this error...

Is it possible to build something in this EA that allows only one trade per symbol apart from the recovery trades?

Or maybe even a filter where you can specify how much trades per symbol are allowed?

I think it will make the EA more profitable overall (allowed margin is less occupied leaving room for more trades) and way more safe.

hours to trade to !xmeter.2.1.1

Added also hours to trade to !xmeter.2.1.1,

remove the suffix, it is fixed to trade with iamfx.

Files:

Why does not indicator XMeter Indy v07.mq4

Anyone have any solution?

The screen goes black and nothing shows

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/50/xmeter_indy_v07.mq4

Reason: