New EA based on the !xMeter - page 49

Hi Enforcer,

Thank you for sharing.

Do you mind telling what the problem was?

I;ve been reloading the EA for 3 hours (!) on the chart and it kept crashing.

As soon as I attached the debug EA it kept running

I;ve removed the debug EA and attached the original 2.1.1 and it seems to be fine. I've not seen it adjust tp/sl yet but still...

Was several places where divide by zero may occur.

Compare files to see differences.

Most common is point = 0, point value cannot be obtained for some symbols.

Maybe that pairs are not enabled in your MT4.

Hi Enforcer,

Thank you for sharing.

I already run your version but the question is why tp for recovery position not equal.

Not sure, I did not test it.

If is not working edit EA and replace my functions with original functions, or find changes for divide by zero error and move them to original version.

Enforcer:
Was several places where divide by zero may occur.

Compare files to see differences.

Most common is point = 0, point value cannot be obtained for some symbols.

Maybe that pairs are not enabled in your MT4.

There shouldn't be any errors because of point = 0 values since EA queries enabled symbols and only uses those. However, bugs might be present in the code. The main reason must be something else.

Shouldn't be but is.

MarketInfo(symb, MODE_POINT) return zero.

Corrupt data? MT4 bug?

Attached file correct TP values (I hope )

Files:

x_meter v2.1.1

Hi for all.

Can anybody help me how to set the ea for trailing profit start when goes up 20 pips.

My ea not do trailing at all after break event tired.

thanks.

Enforcer:
Common, is not that hard.

Might be harder then it looked

Enforcer:
Shouldn't be but is.

MarketInfo(symb, MODE_POINT) return zero.

Corrupt data? MT4 bug?

Attached file correct TP values (I hope )

Which line? I didn't find anything related to it in Your code either... (or just was mislooking)

Edit: OK, I found Your if()s but I'm not convinced if they do any good... Did any of Your debug Print()s execute? I tried the same things but they never were executed. So I still think that they are just cosmetics.

And: let's suppose that one of the x symbols cannot be queried once. Your if()s make the code ignore the error and continue. What happens if the EA opens a trade based on this missing data? It is almost certainly forced into recovery mode... I'm not sure that these conditions do any good... Hope I'm wrong but I'd search the bug elsewhere or elsehow. Might be an overindexed (underindexed) array.

I don't use this EA, but from several months, each time I was looking on this thread someone was complaining about zero divide error so I tried to help.

So, you have now some problematic points marked, feel free to find more.

I really do not have enough time to rewrite whole thing again.

As for entering on missing data, I think won't be much difference considering success rate of first order...

Reason: