New EA based on the !xMeter - page 43

fate:
I've limited knowledge of this EA compared to you guys so if this is a stupid remark please forgive me But would a simple hedge function not be a whole lot less 'expensive' then a grid as descriped?

Hedging on the same symbol doesn't really have a point. It will give you a constant drawdown but won't give you easier profits as far as I see. There are more intelligent approaches to hedging but these would require much more complicated trading logic.

If You think you can do it, then go for it!

can a someone who has tried this technique to share his results?

hotnett:
can a someone who has tried this technique to share his results?

What do You mean? I published my real money account statement in post 341 using xMeter.

zero divide error

Hi all,

I have been trying this ea in demo mode and all was running ok. I have now changed to my live testing account and can not get past the zero divide.

If I change to W1 it starts then I change it to H1, but still not working. Leverage is wrong, it says 500:1 but my leverage is 1000:1 plus at the bottom where it says allowed pairs, none show up. Below is a screen shot:

Can anyone please help with this?

Regards

Basza

Files:
error.jpg  32 kb

basza:
Hi all,

I have been trying this ea in demo mode and all was running ok. I have now changed to my live testing account and can not get past the zero divide.

If I change to W1 it starts then I change it to H1, but still not working. Leverage is wrong, it says 500:1 but my leverage is 1000:1 plus at the bottom where it says allowed pairs, none show up. Below is a screen shot:

Regards

Basza

This is what I do when I get a zero divide problem. I right click on the chart and select refresh. Then I edit the EA parameter and change one thing, such as the Max Spread limit from 35 to 34 or just any little thing, then click ok... Usually this will allow your EA to refresh and the problem is fixed.

Seems like the EA has a hard time getting all ticks for the last 84 hours on all pairs... I noticed when I try to do that with only 28 pairs on my platform, it start to download massive amount of data... your screenshot is showing tons more pairs, which means you may have to repeat chart refresh and EA parameter change a few times until you get all data. The upside is once you get it to work, it will remain working.

neo1001

neo1001:
This is what I do when I get a zero divide problem. I right click on the chart and select refresh. Then I edit the EA parameter and change one thing, such as the Max Spread limit from 35 to 34 or just any little thing, then click ok... Usually this will allow your EA to refresh and the problem is fixed.

Seems like the EA has a hard time getting all ticks for the last 84 hours on all pairs... I noticed when I try to do that with only 28 pairs on my platform, it start to download massive amount of data... your screenshot is showing tons more pairs, which means you may have to repeat chart refresh and EA parameter change a few times until you get all data. The upside is once you get it to work, it will remain working.

neo1001

Thanks neo1001

It kind of worked. It started up one trade then went back to the zero divide error again. I think over the weekend I'll do a reinstall of mt4 and download history for all pairs.

Thanks

Basza

The download of history data etc. did not work for me.

The only thing that worked for me was let the MT4 run unused for a couple of days.

After four days the EA started, the first night it crashed and it now has been running fine since monday (knock on wood).

fate:
The download of history data etc. did not work for me.

The only thing that worked for me was let the MT4 run unused for a couple of days.

After four days the EA started, the first night it crashed and it now has been running fine since monday (knock on wood).

Thanks fate.

I'll do a fresh install during the weekend then let it run for a week unused. We'll see where we go from there.

Thanks

Basza

basza:
Hi all,

Regards

Basza

Please ensure that you have usable history for all symbols. The best is if You download all history. If EA says You have 500:1 leverage then your account has 500:1 leverage. Contact your broker if you should have 1000:1.

Regards,

MikKi

venox250:
Please ensure that you have usable history for all symbols. The best is if You download all history. If EA says You have 500:1 leverage then your account has 500:1 leverage. Contact your broker if you should have 1000:1.

Regards,

MikKi

Thank you for your reply MikKi.

I have contact my broker about the leverage. This was the first time I had noticed the leverage.

As for the the history, I had already downloaded history for all symbols. Think my best bet will be to do a new install of mt4. Over the year it has collected all sorts of things.

I had it running in demo ok and it was only when I switched to live that I started having issues with it, so maybe the leverage is playing a part in it as well. It's only a tiny account I use for live forward testing.

Regards

Basza

Reason: