New EA based on the !xMeter - page 19

waltini:
I have been busy backtesting over the weekend. I will now commence forward testing to try and replicate these fantastic results.

Test done using alpari data on a dedicated offline SBFX demo.

Backtest knockers please line up here!

MT4 back testing fun again!

Waltini, let us know how the forward testing goes. I'm curious to see if the results would be the same. I'm on vacation in the US, so I'm unable to set this up right now.

BTW, the GBPUSD EA you posted still has all the code in it for the other pairs. Why? If this is only good for GBPUSD, why keep the extra code in there and working? Just curious.

thx.

Because Michel did it that way

I have just copied someone elses work. Back on page 2 is a backtestable ea by Michel. I just altered it slightly to work on GbpUsd. My understanding of mt4 backtesting is it wont open an order on a currency other than the one requested in the tester. So that maybe why. The indicator could have been left complete but maybe it backtests faster without it.

The original multi currency ea is in post one. It doesnt have a trailing stop feature which is fundamental to my settings.

cheers

EURUSD Testing / Optimization

Hi All

I've done an optimization on the EURUSD with Waltini's version of the EA and tested this back to 2005 and the results are great (see attached). Please note that the report says GBPvsUSD because I didn't change the EA's name before testing, but it was done on EURUSD (MIG as the broker). I'm going forward with forwrd testing on this pair. Note that results were based on a stratup amount of $5000.

SpaceCat

I honestly don't understand your post. If I'm doing something wrong or for some reason my test results are a waste, please help me so that I can correct this and do proper testing. I want to contribute to this forum, not waste everyone's time.

bug tester?

Quality of datafeed bad sorry

farimir:
Hi All I've done an optimization on the EURUSD with Waltini's version of the EA and tested this back to 2005 and the results are great (see attached). Please note that the report says GBPvsUSD because I didn't change the EA's name before testing, but it was done on EURUSD (MIG as the broker). I'm going forward with forwrd testing on this pair. Note that results were based on a stratup amount of $5000.

It is not just for your backtest result but for all the backtes of this EA.

The backtest wont work for this EA and there is a reason:

if you understand coding or if you know the logic of !xMeter then you should be knowing that this indicator gets its information and from several currencies at a time.

for example for GBP it is needed to have access to the GBP/USD, GBP/JPY,GBP/CHF,EUR/GBP

so can some of you just tell me how you could feed this indicator those information for last years?

even if you want to have a forward testing also you should have all these neede charts open and updated.

that is what i got from reading the code.

please someone correct me if i am wrong.

Argonod:
It is not just for your backtest result but for all the backtes of this EA.

The backtest wont work for this EA and there is a reason:

if you understand coding or if you know the logic of !xMeter then you should be knowing that this indicator gets its information and from several currencies at a time.

for example for GBP it is needed to have access to the GBP/USD, GBP/JPY,GBP/CHF,EUR/GBP

so can some of you just tell me how you could feed this indicator those information for last years?

even if you want to have a forward testing also you should have all these neede charts open and updated.

that is what i got from reading the code.

please someone correct me if i am wrong.

We have done quite some back testing. Some of the EA's here are not suitable for back testing. Some have been improved to allow for back testing. Please check on that.

In order for the EA to be back tested , you need to have the data of all the relevant currency pairs stored in your history file. These files do not have to be open for the EA to collect the data. The same logic applies to live trading. This is how it works in practise. Unfortunately I am not able answer your question purely from a coding point of view.

Here is the same EA which i little bit eddited and made it easier to work.

but if you want to use it for several pairs, then just set a magic number(anynumber) as input for different pairs.

It does both Reverse and Normal trading just need to set the Reverse false or true.

EbenB:
In order for the EA to be back tested , you need to have the data of all the relevant currency pairs stored in your history file. These files do not have to be open for the EA to collect the data. The same logic applies to live trading. This is how it works in practise. Unfortunately I am not able answer your question purely from a coding point of view.

Exactly, nothing else

so you mean to say we need bars in history to be effect live? Would you happen to have an idea how many? Here's my wish list:

1. open order when difference between pairs is > 5 e.g. 8.3 vs 2.1

3. money manage - trade % of account for each trade e.g. .03 .02

5. close all orders when both pairs equal (or variable setting such as one currency is +1 from the other.) I think this one could really increase profits because a lot of my trades manual go over 10 pips and there really is no more reliable way to determine profit targets than the indicator itself. Like just now I caught the 50 pip usd/jpy that would have close with a 10 pip profit had I used the ea.

For some strange reason it open 10 orders of eur/jpy within 2 minutes. I'm guesing because it went below 7 and up again.

Thanks again for your continued contributions to this forum.

Dustin

Reason: