New EA based on the !xMeter - page 15

EbenB:
I have been studying the !xMeter relentlessly whenever I had a spare moment. This indicator has enormous potential. An EA for this indicator should be designed to utilise all its superb qualities.

Starting with what we have at the moment, I used the EURUSD EA. My first back testing result was amazing and equally impressive - see attachment. And this is just the beginning.

The following were used:

EUR USD

Period: 2004.08.02 - 2005.08.31

Model: Every tick

Modelling quality: 90%

Starting Balance: $50 000

Closing Balance: $416 000

Nett Profit: $366 000

You'll notice that the EA was tested from August 04 to August 05. This was a very difficult period in the life of most EA's. I saw many an EA biting the dust during that specific period. The tested one came through with flying colors.

There seem to be several EA's floating around here. Please post the EA you used in your back test, along with all of the EA settings. I would like to forward test to see if they are comparable to your back test results.

chrisstoff:
I forward tested the Filtered and Reverse versions of the EA on 12 pairs last week. Attached are the test results. I think the figures speak for themselves. Remark: the big fall in the beginning period of the gif file comes from a former version of this EA and is not included in the figures.

Doesn't look very good at all.

!xMeter

Please refer my previous post:

Attached is another graph based on the same settings as before. I forgot to mention that only 5 lots were traded (i.e. 10% of starting balance) with no increase in lots from start to finish.

Period: 2005.08.02 - 2006.08.31

Starting balance of $50 000 grew to almost $300 000 in one year.

Anyhow, I would like to see some changes made to this EA that will enhance its profitablity (by at least 15% to 25%) before going forward testing.

!xMeter

jeffreytp:
There seem to be several EA's floating around here. Please post the EA you used in your back test, along with all of the EA settings. I would like to forward test to see if they are comparable to your back test results.

OK, here goes:

Lots= 5

Take Profit=25

Trailing Stop=20

Stoploss=50

Slippage=2

High Level=4.5

Low Level=4.1

Note, the stoploss is much bigger than the default setting.

I used the EurUsd backtest-versionby Michel - see one of the posts earlier on. There is only one version.

This was just a start, haven't done any optimization (or curve fitting!)

Hope you have great success! Please let me know how you fare.

EbenB:
OK, here goes:

Lots= 5

Take Profit=25

Trailing Stop=20

Stoploss=50

Slippage=2

High Level=4.5

Low Level=4.1

Note, the stoploss is much bigger than the default setting.

I used the EurUsd backtest-versionby Michel - see one of the posts earlier on. There is only one version.

This was just a start, haven't done any optimization (or curve fitting!)

Hope you have great success! Please let me know how you fare.

et al,

I've been coding a few different EA's lately. But I haven't found any that, with the indicators their based on, that acutally work. If this one is promsing, and it seems to be, I'd be more than happy to help out on it! Please, just tell me which one in this thread to start off with.

nondisclosure007:
et al, I've been coding a few different EA's lately. But I haven't found any that, with the indicators their based on, that acutally work. If this one is promsing, and it seems to be, I'd be more than happy to help out on it! Please, just tell me which one in this thread to start off with.

Thanks for you interest!

The EAs are updated on the #1: MultiPairs and MultiPairs_reverse

FerruFx

Last week (middle) i change some parameters in my forward testing.

No SL and TP20 for the 2 versions. The reverse one seems to be better: positive profit and actually 5% DD (6 floating positions).

I will post statement and graph at the end of this week ... even if the results aren't good!

FerruFx.

FerruFx:
Last week (middle) i change some parameters in my forward testing.

No SL and TP20 for the 2 versions. The reverse one seems to be better: positive profit and actually 5% DD (6 floating positions).

I will post statement and graph at the end of this week ... even if the results aren't good!

FerruFx.

FerruFX

I can tell you now already your statement and graph will not look good....

I'd stay away from the multi-versions for the time being, if I were you. They are not profitable with the default settings. I stand to be corrected, but this is what I noticed from demo trading it. It is not profitable because of wrong settings I presume.

The route I think we should go, is to find the right settings for each and every one of the pairs. Eventually the multi-version EA will have to be altered to incorporate the different settings for each pair. Don't you agree?

EbenB:
The route I think we should go, is to find the right settings for each and every one of the pairs. Eventually the multi-version EA will have to be altered to incorporate the different settings for each pair. Don't you agree?

I agree with you.

But the MultiPairs version has already the possibility of parameter each pair differently. Do you miss something?!!!

karmizi:
It happen to me before. try download it again.

I already attempted download 2 times,But the question still exists,Also has other method?

Reason: