New EA based on the !xMeter - page 21

ruparaw:
Backtest is useless??? because they know the future from daily values High, Low and Close ??? . Are you trying to say that this ea was only good in backtesting???

Not at all, I just said that backtests may seem good because of this bug.

Up to know, I do not know if without this bug it may be good in live or in BT.

But, as there aren't so much parameters allowing curve fitting, forwards tests should show the real profitability.

Michel:
Not at all, I just said that backtests may seem good because of this bug.

Up to know, I do not know if without this bug it may be good in live or in BT.

But, as there aren't so much parameters allowing curve fitting, forwards tests should show the real profitability.

To confirm whither there was no trading(idle) at certain period is due to no signal or it was actually a bug, i think the best way is can somebody design an indicator that able to draw a line of signal bar meter for both currency being traded.

ruparaw:
To confirm whither there was no trading(idle) at certain period is due to no signal or it was actually a bug, i think the best way is can somebody design an indicator that able to draw a line of signal bar meter for both currency being traded.

For 2 currency being traded, there need checking about 8 other currencies.

which is not possible to have a BT for this system.

I have an idea.

What if we stored the difference of the indicator (ex. 7-2=5) say of EURUSD everytime it changes then at the end of the day we generate an average and show it as a guide for the next day. That way we have a trend indicator.

InTrance:
I have an idea. What if we stored the difference of the indicator (ex. 7-2=5) say of EURUSD everytime it changes then at the end of the day we generate an average and show it as a guide for the next day. That way we have a trend indicator.

No, the !xMeter react quickly with the market and even an average couldn't be accurate for the next day. I think ...

FerruFx

When I read few first posts about backtest I knew you would get this problem - when backtesting using other currencies it looks into the future.

And yes, I know how to avoid this problem. But it will require for me (you?) to re-write the EA completely and use M1 data instead of D1. So it will only look 1 minute ahead. Or you will make it look one minute back so it won't hurt as badly as H1 or D1.

There is no other way as it seems.

What you need is making it calculate D1 data using H1 data or even M1 data. I already found a way to find daily high/low/close using M1 data. But when I asked about the indicators that can calculate data for other periods I only got criticized. I guess that is why successful traders rarely share their ideas - they are not understood.

I'll try to help if you can make your need clear. Oh and its useless to try and PM me - my inbox is almost full and I don't know what to delete there. If you want to contact me, use ICQ instead.

Shinigami:
When I read few first posts about backtest I knew you would get this problem - when backtesting using other currencies it looks into the future.

And yes, I know how to avoid this problem. But it will require for me (you?) to re-write the EA completely and use M1 data instead of D1. So it will only look 1 minute ahead. Or you will make it look one minute back so it won't hurt as badly as H1 or D1.

There is no other way as it seems.

What you need is making it calculate D1 data using H1 data or even M1 data. I already found a way to find daily high/low/close using M1 data.

The solution is already here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177245

Other point: the xMeter indic shows nothing but the stochastic on a variable period (from the start of the day), but I am sot sure that this is very interesting, as the value is not very significant at the day's begining.

It should be better (and easier) to use a fixed period of time for the stochastic (for sample, 24 h).

Michel:
The solution is already here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177245

Other point: the xMeter indic shows nothing but the stochastic on a variable period (from the start of the day), but I am sot sure that this is very interesting, as the value is not very significant at the day's begining.

It should be better (and easier) to use a fixed period of time for the stochastic (for sample, 24 h).

That would really help.

Oh by the way, since I didn't look into the code, but maybe you'll find this useful:

MaxPrice=High;

I calculate high/low this way using H1 bars.

I love these EA's I have a slight problem though, the eur/usd one will not show a value for the EUR, so it doensnt make trades at all. This is both on a live and demo account w/ interbankfx.

!xMeter

I am new here at the forums and have a question that I hope one of you veterans can help me out with. I have read through this thread to try to find my answer but to no avail. When I add the !xMeter EA to my charts I get values for every currency except EUR. I have tried different settings but nothing works. Has anyone else had this problem (except lepiricus) or know how to correct it? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I would really like to use this tool. Thank you in advance.

Patrick

Reason: