Step Ma EA - page 3

Hi Drunkpips,

Will work on Ea for this indicator StepMa_v3 do you use any other indicators with it in your trading or any ideas?

no, just the indicator with the rules on page 1 by the op.

tnx in advance

fxinthecity:
Thanks Minime

But i want an EA for the rules that i have posted and not an indicator. Is it possible to do this i had realy good results. You have posted indicators and not EA's

if there is any smart ea programmer who can do that will be very nice for me and you all! Its realy profitable!

Here i clarify the rules, you have to translate this to mql

Long:

If Blue line cross Red line and the Blue is below the Red

exit Long

if Red Cross Yellow and Red is above Yellow line

Reenter Long

if Red Cross Yellow and red is below Yellow and Blue is below the Red

Short:

If Red line cross Blue line and the Red is below the Red

exit Short

if Red Cross Yellow and Red is below Yellow line

Reenter Short

if Red Cross Yellow and red is above Yellow and Blue is above the Red

See the pic in first post

Regards

here is the rule i refered to

see pix for clearification of rules

fxinthecity:
Hello

I have Demo tested this indicator for 1 week and a very good results. Is it possible to make an EA for this one anywho?

Here i clarify the rules, you have to translate this to mql:

Long:

If Blue line cross Red line and the Blue is below the Red

exit Long

if Red Cross Yellow and Red is above Yellow line

Reenter Long

if Red Cross Yellow and red is below Yellow and Blue is below the Red

Short:

If Red line cross Blue line and the Red is below the Red

exit Short

if Red Cross Yellow and Red is below Yellow line

Reenter Short

if Red Cross Yellow and red is above Yellow and Blue is above the Red

regards

the pix explains the rules better

Ok this is an Ea using StepMA 3D did some preliminary testing and it trades on back testing, not really sure if working on all cylinders though, not able to test it that much on my lap top. Any way coded the rules into it from post 1 but this is just preliminary so need some testing to help decide if its working right. The Ea should work on all brokers including extra digit and Ecn, added a spread protection feature for news times, the Ea will automatically decide your Magic number if you leave extern bool UseAutoMagic = true, as is. About the indicator not 100% sure about it, do plan on making a new indicator in the near future, just to be sure. Anyway in the mean time everyone have a great weekend !!!!!!!

ps) the indicator is the same as the older version, the one I'm posting just removes the comments when indicator removed.

thanks, will try it and report back

Did not execute trades

please,is the EA programmed to trade on specific tf only? cos it didnt execute any trades today. it was on 5m chat and later to 1m tf yet no trades.

also: what is pip tolerance used for as shown in the EA input tab

what is time filter

usestepma close

tnx

thanks a bunch

drunkpips:
please,is the EA programmed to trade on specific tf only? cos it didnt execute any trades today. it was on 5m chat and later to 1m tf yet no trades.

also: what is pip tolerance used for as shown in the EA input tab

what is time filter

usestepma close

tnx

Drunkpips the Ea is programmed to trade on whatever time frame chart you place it on. May want to check your terminal journal tab or your terminal expert tab and see if your getting any errors, sometimes when i download an indicator the name sometimes gets a -1 beside it so if this -1 or anything is added to the indicator the Ea won't recognize it and you will get a lot of errors but no trades.

Pip tolerance is used in the spread protection if spread protection is being used if for example you have pip tolerance at 5 and normal spread is 2, Ea should not trade if spread is greater than spread + pip tolerance so in my example if spread greater than 7 Ea shouldn't trade. The time filter can be used if for example you want the Ea to only trade London session you enter the time for the London session start time in start time hour and minutes and London session end time in end time in hours and minutes, then Ea should only trade those times.Stepma close is what was asked for in the first post i just made it a true or false condition, to make the Ea more flexible.

ps) just want to add Thanks for the question, and if you or anyone else has any questions, please feel free to ask, if I'm around will try to answer best i can, or if I'm not around sure someone will help.

that would be really nice, i have made some pips with it today but i noticed that it opened a trade on EU without there been a cross ,pix is attached

Files:
stepea.gif  25 kb
Reason: