**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 76

Thank You for sharing your great ideas here, Bless YOU...

steinitz:
Hello traders!

I was recentlly informed by the administrator here that I can post a link to Forex Factory where I started my threads as a moderator in their sub-forum for systems they feel worthy. I am excited to sher this with you here since I was informed the most brilliant minds reside at this forum!

I have already received my alert in a matter of minutes from CJA that was kind enough to program one for us. I invite everyone to take a look at the multiple thread of at FF to get ramped up on how my methods operate. There are several ideas but I will condense them don to only two shortly.

Rest assured I am going to make this site my home. You guys are second to none! Here is the link to my sub-forum:

http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

I believe in sharing ideas. Anyway my method is called "Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed". I did not program this indicator but developed a working strategy by combing some excellent HAS setting values with a custom MTF indicator called the 4TF HAS BAR.

There is no repainting going on with either the HAS or MTF indicators (check the code). I presently have my own dedicated sub forum and I invite you all to take a look. I am here for the main purpose to have somebody program a simple alert.

An EA would be nice after an alert is built. The alert I am seeking is to identify when the last closed bar on the HAS indicator has changed color. Red and blue are the only colors. There is a special change in momentum bar that has a wick one color and the body another. Please include that in the programming. The wick color determines the actual bar color.

I have included the most recent indicators and templates as of 4/25/2007

TIA

Thank You for sharing your great ideas here, Bless YOU...Hoping, a lot of people are really willing to SHARE and also RECEIVE some good ideas on how to really EARN from the FOREX Market (sorry, I'm NOT good in English Grammar)....

I'm a NEW (Started Demo on Middle of Feb. 2007) Currency Trader and one of my FIRST Demo Accounts I will post here.....I only have a VERY SIMPLE Strategy......FOREX is really rewarding (but also VERY risky) if you KNOW and APPLY how to take RESPONSIBLE risks.......

God bless to ALL of us......

HAPPY Trading.....

"Be ALIVE!!!....Treat every SINGLE moment as IF that is the FIRST and the LAST moment of your life, you'll be amazed of what it will do for you"......

template

Quote:

Here ya go

i've been following the tread right from fxfactry, and the system works. thanks to everyone that has contributed.

@svirgo

thanks for the input and template. pls could u please also post d indicators attached to the template especially the modified has 4. thanks

Trader_for_Christ:
Thank You for sharing your great ideas here, Bless YOU...Hoping, a lot of people are really willing to SHARE and also RECEIVE some good ideas on how to really EARN from the FOREX Market (sorry, I'm NOT good in English Grammar)....

I'm a NEW (Started Demo on Middle of Feb. 2007) Currency Trader and one of my FIRST Demo Accounts I will post here.....I only have a VERY SIMPLE Strategy......FOREX is really rewarding (but also VERY risky) if you KNOW and APPLY how to take RESPONSIBLE risks.......

God bless to ALL of us......

HAPPY Trading.....

"Be ALIVE!!!....Treat every SINGLE moment as IF that is the FIRST and the LAST moment of your life, you'll be amazed of what it will do for you"......

Great trading! Was this based on your own system or the HAS method?

Good job!

Steinitz,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to create an EA for this community of traders. I have started using your method and found as I focused on your strategy I was trying to force your method to conform to other strategies I have used in the past as I am still learning. I found that most of my loosing trades would have not happened if I only followed this strategy because this strategy would have kept me out of the market when the other strategy was telling me to go in. so I am working to peal away my other strategies and focus on this one (the scalping method) as my primary one.

Can I (we) help in your testing of the signal indicator or the EA to increase your test case?

proverbs:
Steinitz,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to create an EA for this community of traders. I have started using your method and found as I focused on your strategy I was trying to force your method to conform to other strategies I have used in the past as I am still learning. I found that most of my loosing trades would have not happened if I only followed this strategy because this strategy would have kept me out of the market when the other strategy was telling me to go in. so I am working to peal away my other strategies and focus on this one (the scalping method) as my primary one.

Can I (we) help in your testing of the signal indicator or the EA to increase your test case?

Thank you for your asking. I am already deeply into the logic that to bring somebody in would just be confusing and time intensive.

I have already seen profitable trades with the EA. I just have work to do in getting it cleaned up.

Macd (5,13,1)

Hi everyone...

I want to share with you something that I think will be an invaluable addition to the HAS chart. This comes from a post by TommyD. There is so much info on the posts that I had overlooked this gem.

Here's what he said :

I also like how the MACD (5,13,1) crosses the zero line at the same time as the HAS candles change colors. This helps me with timing as until the MACD crosses the zero line, the bars will not be changing.

---------------------

I put this MACD on my HAS charts (I also made the 0 line different color to see better) Now the transition of the HAS candles from red to blue or from blue to red is much more visual with the MACD crossing the 0 line. While the MACD stays on one side of the 0 line, you will be sure that the bars will not be changing color any time soon.

Try it, I'm sure you'll love this MACD as I did.

Thanks to TommyD for this wonderful tip.

Happy trading to all....

Post #781

Hi gofx & everyone

That is so correct as I have been doing the same. I know that STEINITZ is

trying to keep this a simple clean method so I have not talked much about

other indicators. MACD @ 5,13,1 along with RSI @14 is all I use. It is simply

unreal how HAS is insink with the crossing of the MACD ZERO LINE. It really

works. Even after adding MACD the chart is still clean & uncluttered.

I use the 15M & 30M along with the 1H to launch a trade. If the 15M & 30M

are agreeing I'm in if MACD agrees. It is much better to do this @ the start

of a new trade. An example if E/$ has been in an up trend & then it starts down see what the 15M, 30M & MACD are saying. If they are all in agreement

& if the 1H is on board that is about all you can ask for.

Exits for me are after 20-30 pips or when I see MACD & the HAS candles start

changing. If you use the MACD along with HAS candle color change you can

avoid most of the false signals & whips, but that is never 100% either. I am

a SHORT TERM TREND TRADER & NEVER hold a positon over 3 days with most

only lasting 24 hrs. It just works better for me that way.

THE EA.......I have never been a fan or champion of EA's, but I see this as one that has a STRONG POSSIBILITY of working. If it is PROVEN TO WORK I

would give it a go in DEMO then LIVE if the DEMO gives positive results. We

ALL have got to give STEINITZ & LEE a BIG THANK YOU for their efforts is

developing this EA.

MY results with HAS........Over that last several weeks I have traded HAS LIVE with one of those weeks giving me a gain of over 300 pips & the other

weeks averaging about 150 pips for 3-5 trades using 1 & 2 lots only. Again,

trading the TREND SHORT TERM & this will has caused me to probably miss some PIPS, but I sleep better @ night & keep my losses to a bare minimum.

I do not trade HAS fulltime, but I see it as a method that is simple in design

& easy to use & will produce the pips, but you need to DEMO it first to see

how to best trade it for you style of trading.

I hope this info will serve to help someone to better understand the HAS METHOD & its ability to produce the pips. Have a great week everyone as

I'm out for now.

" The Holy Grail IS Not The Method Traded, But The Trader "

COLOR="Blue"]

$Trader

$Trader,

Which pairs are you trading?

Thanks gofx but I cannot actually take credit for that, I saw it in a post over a FF and I found value in it so I included it in a post of my chart.. I still find it very useful and have it on all my HAS charts.

Could one of the expert programmers kindly add an alert and arrows on the chart for each of the 4f HAS BArs that change colour, it would greatly assist us im sure visually in adding / scaling back positions in manual trading. Many thanks for any help.

Reason: