**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 70

Stop Hunting

steinitz:
I have a theory about stop hunting. If your broker was stop hunting that meant that he had to artificaially move price. But if that was true the other side of that spike would payoff another trader equally well.

Would a broker look at his book and decide if the positions were balanced enough in one direction to spike the price?

Man this sounds like paranoia deep destroya.....

lets just suppose that yoyr boker has a computer system attached to the other end of the wire that you are sending your orders down with thier stop losses. and of course everyone else is doing the same. Its not difficult to calculate if it would be profitable to move the price one way or another to take out where they want to. I'm not saying that's what they do, just conjecture of what is most definitely possible. Food for thought!!!!

steinitz:
I made a remark earlier that people will always look for a better method no matter how good one is staring them in the face. People are fickle and I can prove it.

Bluto comes along and posts his new and improved indicator and many are looking to flock to this since "its new". I love Bluto and he is obviously an intelligent and proven programmer. But what I pointed out earlier is coming into fruition just hours after I posted my observation on human nature.

Anybody can alter the sensitivity on an indicator and you will have changes that in some instances looks like the HG (I won't spell it out since it is misused so often) but other times it fails miserably.

So guys and gals please stick with one method. I don't care if its mine, his or your neighbors. But learn how it reacts and memorize patterns. You will be rewarded for your efforts.

Look at the images of "Blutos" indicator and tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Uhhh...you used the work-in-progress "playtoy" indicators I posted for those screenshots. My final indicator versions from yesterday would yield dramatically different/improved results, particularly in the sweetspot trading ranges of the M15-H4 TF's. Here's a comparative screenshot based on my latest indicator latest version (pending further enhancements using digital noise filters), but then, who has nads big enough to trade the MN1 TF?

Files:

bluto:
Uhhh...you used the work-in-progress "playtoy" indicators I posted for those screenshots. My final indicator versions from yesterday would yield dramatically different/improved results, particularly in the sweetspot trading ranges of the M15-H4 TF's. Here's a comparative screenshot based on my latest indicator latest version (pending further enhancements using digital noise filters), but then, who has nads big enough to trade the MN1 TF?

-----------------------------------------------

Look at this comparative screen shot. Bluto, indicators gives an early short signals.

rswamy4449

Files:

bluto:

will you be revealing the indicators proper or is this a blackbox thingy?

Demo Statement

Waiting for new account setup, then will trade live. All manual using the "One Bar" close. Method is basic HAS stuff, it will be in the e-book.

WB

Files:

stop hunting

I think the idea of stop hunting is an excuse for traders who have not yet learned how to trade and are seeking a reason outside of themselves for who to point the finger at other than looking in the mirror and doing the screen time that's necessary to learn about the behaviour of price action.

SteveC:
lets just suppose that yoyr boker has a computer system attached to the other end of the wire that you are sending your orders down with thier stop losses. and of course everyone else is doing the same. Its not difficult to calculate if it would be profitable to move the price one way or another to take out where they want to. I'm not saying that's what they do, just conjecture of what is most definitely possible. Food for thought!!!!

wb:
Waiting for new account setup, then will trade live. All manual using the "One Bar" close. Method is basic HAS stuff, it will be in the e-book. WB

Very nice, good job !!!

Demo trading = poltergeist

Last night I closed out all my open positions and left EUR/USD open with another pending order as a sell limit. I wake up to see the trade up 25 PIPS but then my sell limit was gone and I see a new sell order down 2 PIPS.

Any ideas?

5820514 2007.04.29 23:59 buy 1.00 eurusd 1.3634 0.0000 0.0000 2007.04.30 18:05 1.3659 0.00 0.00 0.00 250.00

5820887 2007.04.30 17:10 sell 1.00 eurusd 1.3659 0.0000 0.0000 2007.04.30 18:05 1.3661 0.00 0.00 0.00 -20.00

Files:

steinitz:
I have a theory about stop hunting. If your broker was stop hunting that meant that he had to artificaially move price. But if that was true the other side of that spike would payoff another trader equally well.

Would a broker look at his book and decide if the positions were balanced enough in one direction to spike the price?

Man this sounds like paranoia deep destroya.....

Metatrader Server does that automatically, and also allows for quote injection at the same screen. I was going to work on stealth stops, but I'm working on switching to an ECN mostly right now.

daraknor:
Metatrader Server does that automatically, and also allows for quote injection at the same screen. I was going to work on stealth stops, but I'm working on switching to an ECN mostly right now.

ECN is the best way to go. I'm thinking about MBTrader.

Any recommendations, daraknor? I saw your post "ecn vs. mt pro"

P.S.

What's a "stealth stop". Seems very self-explanatory but just verifying it.

Reason: