MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 18

newdigital:
And something strange:

1 opened 2 sell orders and 1 buy.

And I had demo balance as 5,000 but for now (as I result of those operations): 4.991.

But I did not close any trade.

I did nothing, just open 3 orders ...

Hi ND,

As I can see you opened 1 sell lot, then you opened 1 more sell lot, then you have two sell lots, at the averaged price of both trades.

When you opened the 0.5 buy lot, thats the same as if you close 0.5 lots from the 2 sell lots, resulting in 1.5 lots (with the new averaged price).

Regards,

Marcel Corzo

I understand it.

That's means - if we will not use hedge so the brokers will not have this additional averaging priced closing trades?

Because it is easy to lose whole deposit just to open 50 orders in different direction with small lot size

In this case we can not use hedge with this MT5.

So, we have:

- spread;

- margin call (leverage etc)

- additional averaging priced closing trades (we do not have it in MT4).

My first MT5 statement

I'm attaching my 1st statement.

I have a mess understanding here what happened to my trades.

It's difficult to get the order on my statement. I did at least 30 trades, but it appears like only four trades made.

I think at least 70% of the strategies here in TSD are going to sink. Other 20% must be worked a lot. Just about 10% based on manual trading with preset indicators (not custom) may be tradable with MT5.

Anyway, anybody knows where we can get a MQL5 programming guideline?

newdigital:
I understand it.

That's means - if we will not use hedge so the brokers will not have this additional averaging priced closing trades?

Because it is easy to lose whole deposit just to open 50 orders in different direction with small lot size

In this case we can not use hedge with this MT5.

So, we have:

- spread;

- margin call (leverage etc)

- additional averaging priced closing trades (we do not have it in MT4).

Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure, but... I've tried this 4 times and it looks like the spreads with each successive order are also averaged? Meaning, you can end up with incrementally larger spreads as add more and orders to the same pair?? If that's true, this is terrible. Anyway, the averaging feature should be a selectable option, not a fixed feature... ugg, not cool.

It look like is increment spread... everything seem made to confuse trader and eat up as much as it can from balance... welcome to MetaCrap 5

MT5: a killer of MT4

1, MT5 has an oversimplified trading function: it will merge any new trade to existing one, and it'll use the new sl and tp to replace any previous sl or tp! By doing this, all the EAs using strategies based on different sl or tp, or orders will cease to work;

2, for EA or indicator, the 'extern' was replaced by 'input', simply by doing this, all the existing stuff have to be re-written;

3, Chart history will take HUGE amount of space, I tried to have a monthly chart of EURUSD, by dragging hard and waiting for some time, it only displayed upto 1993, but, already I found in the history, it was more than 100M;

4, It's ridiculous even for the zigzag indy NOT to work stably, it flashes all the time!;

5, In the trading history panel, it showes all the filled orders, instead of the present round trade (open and close), making it confusing which is which.

The overall impression of MT5 is far more disappointing than exciting.

I don't think I will have much interest in MT5.

Hope the test period of MT5 will last 5-6 years instead of 5-6 month.

Enforcer:
It look like is increment spread... everything seem made to confuse trader and eat up as much as it can from balance... welcome to MetaCrap 5

Ugg, I was hoping that I was wrong, lol...

mladen:
Just some "first impressions" about metatrader 5

Still can not find out when the hell does it display values of an indicator (it sure as hell does not display on first tick) Still trying to find out what happens when it starts to draw something it never calculated. Still trying to find out what does it "think" about when the price is one and bar refuses to be updated Still trying to find what is not told (multiple line colors, for example : they do not say that the number of colors for one drawing buffer is limited to 8 and they let you think that you can set it to any number - visible from the attached source too)

Again I 'think' that they tried to make indicators more absolute like EA's (that's the only way I can think of to describe it). Trying to remove the redraw completely. From what I can tell, all of the indicator waits for "current bar close" before they draw. That is good for a few indicators, but very bad for most indicators (i.e. no inter-interval updates in real-time unless you change time frames) Sorry scalpers....

Just some "first impressions" about metatrader 5

Will not talk about trading functions at all (I guess I will have to wait a couple of months to talk about that)

Will talk about something simple : buffers are not indexed the way we used before. What does it mean : buffer[0] is not current bar value if you forget to do ArraySetAsSeries(...,true). And then some array functions do not work as they should if the array is set to be series (attaching an example that was doing anything but what it should when I was using ArrayMaximum() and ArrayMinimum() on arrays set as series, and kept doing it till I replaced them with simple minimum and maximum finding, the rest of array functions did not want to test today (I had enough for one day)) So if someone plans to work with arrays ... do your own routines

Still can not find out when the hell does it display values of an indicator (it sure as hell does not display on first tick) Still trying to find out what happens when it starts to draw something it never calculated. Still trying to find out what does it "think" about when the price is one and bar refuses to be updated Still trying to find what is not told (multiple line colors, for example : they do not say that the number of colors for one drawing buffer is limited to 8 and they let you think that you can set it to any number - visible from the attached source too)

I do understand that it is beta. But right now looks like zeta. Makes me wonder what was tested last month when after a day it is painfully obvious that it needs a lot, lot of work on it to be done yet and when all those errors are obvious at the first glance

Going to sleep. Maybe tomorrow will see it with brighter eyes

Reason: