Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 255

C-4:

First you need to decide on the terminal you want to use. MetaTrader4/5 has its own language MQL4/MQL5 syntactically they are similar to C++. Other languages may be used - but only through third-party dlls. If you choose MT, you will still have to learn MQL. Knowledge of Java will not be of much help.

The story from yahoo finance and google is not so simple either. MT5 does not allow you to download third-party history. MT4 does, but again through crutches.

Specifically for your task, with your knowledge and time, it is better to use WealthLab 6 - it has a built-in grabber for yahoo finance and google, and you write strategies in C#, it is very easy to write in it after Java, because syntax and ideology are similar. But it is paid. However, I can send you the "right" distribution via private message.

However, for a longer term outlook I advise to study MQL5. MetaTrader is renowned for its professional community, and there is nowhere else you can find qualified help in matters that interest you.

And I can't give advice about neural networks, because it is not in my area of interest. But you can ask Comrade Reshetov. He is a neuroscientist and writes in Java. If you're polite and unintrusive enough, maybe he will condescend to answer)).

Thanks for the reply. Am I right to guess that if I did not register in the broker and I do not have access to the terminal, then I have only one option - to download quotes history from above-mentioned sites?

NazL:
Thank you for your reply. Do I understand correctly that if I haven't registered with a broker and don't have access to the terminal, I have only one option - to download the quotes history from the above sites?
MT is free - download, install and start. It will download the quotes from the broker's server by itself. Sometimes you need to register to download the terminal from your broker, sometimes you will not (it depends on your broker). You can download directly from this site (see"Download MetaTrader 5" at the bottom of this page) - registration is not needed. Vels is different, but also almost everything works automatically.

C-4:
MT is free - download, install and run. It downloads the quotes from the broker's server by itself. The broker sometimes needs registration to download the terminal, and sometimes not (it depends on the broker). You can download directly from this site (see"Download MetaTrader 5" at the bottom of this page) - registration is not needed. Vels is different, but also almost everything works automatically.
If I don't have opened account with broker, can I work in test mode and get quotes to test my program, can you suggest something in this regard? As far as I understand, google and yahoo are not suitable for my task. I have already installed MetaTrader, I will take a look at it.

NazL:
If I don't have an open account with a broker, can I work in a test mode and get quotes to test my program, can you suggest something in this regard? As far as I understand, google and yahoo are not suitable for my task. I have already installed MetaTrader, I will take a look.
If you have a trading account, start with MetaTrader and open ademo account. You do not need to open an account with a broker in this case.

C-4:
Open a demo account. There is no need to open an account with a broker in this case.
I can'tfind a broker with demoaccount undermetatrader 5forstockmarket, in most cases onlyforexis found. MaybeI'm looking for something wrongor is it rare?

NazL:
I can'tfind a broker with demoaccount undermetatrader 5forstockmarket, in most cases onlyforexis found. MaybeI'm looking for something wrongor is it rare?
For the Russian stock market use Otkritie DB. Other funds, including American ones, are not yet available. In MT4, many provide CFDs on major American stocks. But the quality of quotes there leaves much to be desired.

C-4:
For the Russian stock market, use Otkritie DB. Other funds, including US funds, are not yet available. In MT4, many provide CFDs on major American stocks. But the quality of quotes there leaves much to be desired.
I would like them for Ukraine. If you do not know what to do and what to expect, you should follow the market of my company, but I don't know how to buy it. My idea is that it will be difficult to find demo account for MT5. Does MT4 and MT5 functionality differ much from what I want? I think that WealthLab 6 is suitable, but the problem is that I'm not sure if I can use unlicensed software in my robot, even if it's for training purposes.

NazL:
I would like one for Ukraine. But I see that there is only one broker in the stock market that offers metatrader 5, but so far I haven't heard back from them. My idea is that it will be very difficult to find demo account for MT5. Does MT4 and MT5 differ much from one another in their functionality and for my requirements? I think that WealthLab 6 may be suitable, but the problem is that I am not sure if I can use unlicensed software in my trading robot, even if it is for training purposes.
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/23561
Опыты с МетаТрейдер 5 в "Masterbrok"
Опыты с МетаТрейдер 5 в "Masterbrok"
  • www.mql5.com
Опыты с МетаТрейдер 5 в "Masterbrok". - - Категория: общее обсуждение

NazL:
I would like one for Ukraine. But I see that there is only one broker in the stock market that offers metatrader 5, but so far I haven't heard back from them. My idea is that it will be very difficult to find demo account for MT5. Does MT4 and MT5 differ much from one another in their functionality and for my requirements? I think that WealthLab 6 may be suitable, but the problem is that I am not sure that I can use unlicensed software in my trading robot, even if it is for educational purposes.
For Ukraine in MetaTrader 5 there is only futures on the Ukrainian Exchange Index. No shares, no options, just one single futures.

barabashkakvn:
For Ukraine, MetaTrader 5 only has futures on the Ukrainian Exchange Index. No shares, no options, just one single futures.
I don't care about futures, I just need some data for analysis. It is a pity that I cannot download the history.
Reason: