Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 72

Hi himnoor,

There are a lot of hedge indicators and EAs on the forum but all of them are very specific. I mean - I should know this subject to find something ...

If you will not find so write here and I will post all forum links here for hedge indicators and EAs and you will try to find by yourself.

newdigital:
Hi himnoor,

There are a lot of hedge indicators and EAs on the forum but all of them are very specific. I mean - I should know this subject to find something ...

If you will not find so write here and I will post all forum links here for hedge indicators and EAs and you will try to find by yourself.

Some EA are profitable but not all are and when we are able to get a good performing EA we must stick to it and also try to manage the risks by combining the Manual trading along with the EA based trading.

To start with MetaTrader and forex

A MetaTrader demo account is a unique tool for both beginners and experienced traders. It is recommended to start trading Forex precisely with this tool.

Hi everybody there!

Can anyone tell me please, is it possible to use an EA in two or more different charts with same currancy pair running at once? If not, is it possible to do this by changing the name of the EA of it's script? By doing this is that effects to the other chart when you switch off/on EA in one chart?

lasantha:
Hi everybody there!

Can anyone tell me please, is it possible to use an EA in two or more different charts with same currancy pair running at once? If not, is it possible to do this by changing the name of the EA of it's script? By doing this is that effects to the other chart when you switch off/on EA in one chart?

First, I think what you meant to ask is this:

"Is it possible to use the same EA on multiple charts of the same currency at the same time without interfering with each other?"

The answer is yes. Most EAs use a so called "Magic Number" to help with this. EA automatically attach the magic number to every order it submits. If you use different magic number for each instance of the EA, they won't confuse with each other's orders. For user through, the programmer must make the "Magic Number" as an external variable so user can change it if desired.

Thanks,

Christina

If I’ve got that correct,it means, EA effects on each and every chart individually. Thank you Christina for your assistance.

lasantha:
If I’ve got that correct,it means, EA effects on each and every chart individually. Thank you Christina for your assistance.

True but it only when the EA is set to do so and if you use it correctly.

A general rule is if EA give you the option to choose magic number, then use a different magic number if use on multiple charts of the same currency.

On the other hand, if you use an EA and generated some trades, if you restart the EA and want the EA to manage the trades it sent in the past, you must use the same magic number to make this happen.

MT4 not importing all data properly

I have full 1 minute data (Date time, OHLC, Volume) from 2004 to 2012 (May) and wish to import it to MT4. When I follow the steps to import the data it is not importing all the data correctly, as an example it stops on 12-12-2008 even though data is available through to 31-12-2008 if I am importing 2008 year and also skips several days at a time. Can anyone advise how I can import the full data set please. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

John

Hi michael Jones,

I moved your 2 posts to this thread so I hope you will find some reply here.

The other good thread to start with is the following:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Next 2 thread to read are the following:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175309

and

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178419

So, basicly - it is all you need for the beginning.

Find your broker Forex TSD - forex forum - Brokers Center and some of the broker provide free information on basic forex trading.

Reason: