Harmonic Trading - page 255

Heaps of harmonics!

Hi there,

I'm looking for a realiable indicator that shows butterflies, bats, crabs, 0-5, head and shoulders etc etc on my graphs. Past ones as well as up-coming ones.

I've looked at zup, kor and many others, but they all seem to pick up on different patterns and leave out others. I'm not sure as to the propper settings either.

Can anyone help me out?

Look at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178120 - there are almost all the links for almost all the indicators. May be you will find something.

newdigital:
Look at this post - there are almost all the links for almost all the indicators. May be you will find something.

Thanks buddy,

I've already found that page . And tried out the patterns, yet on the harmonics patterns, different indicators make different patterns

e.g. harmonics indicator one tells me at date 1 there is a bullish crab

harmonics indicator two tells me at date 2 there is a bearish crab

And they're both right! But it'd be great the indicator told me there is a bullish crab at date 1 and bearish crab at date 2

Also some of the indicators show some patterns and not others. After a while I started to have doubt about their charting ability (I do note here, this is not a dig at the creator not do I claim to have better skills in this area).

I'm merely lookin to be directed towards the most update to date and accurate harmonic indicator we have in the community.

Uhh scott, you might want to find out why you think some patterns are not accurate. Its more up to you then the "right" way to do it. You can allow for a little "fudge space" because the candlesticks might go over the fib extension by one or two pips, but that doesn't mean the pattern is invalid. So how much fudge space do you want to allow? That is what will make the difference and make the two indicators sync up ... the problem is how you want to view the data.

TIM.Klingler:
Uhh scott, you might want to find out why you think some patterns are not accurate. Its more up to you then the "right" way to do it. You can allow for a little "fudge space" because the candlesticks might go over the fib extension by one or two pips, but that doesn't mean the pattern is invalid. So how much fudge space do you want to allow? That is what will make the difference and make the two indicators sync up ... the problem is how you want to view the data.

Great info tim

Hello From New Member

Hi guys, just wanted to say that I've been enjoying the materials in this thread for the past 2 days. Big thanks to Eugeni for the ZUP code and to WRR for the wonderful addition.

My first question will be regarding which version of ZUP to use: Is it recommended to use the latest version?--is the latest version v86? Do older versions have features that the newer one does not have?

Concerning WRR, is the latest version v02?

Thank you,

NeoRio

Video Example From Newbie

Hello again, today I was testing and getting to know the ZUP indicator some more and while I was looking at a Bullish Bat that the indicator had drawn, I thought I could see a Gartley pattern that had just finished forming. I wondered why the indicator did not draw the newly formed Gartley...so I made a short video to show you what I was seeing (on the EJ M15). If you have a few minutes, I'd appreciate hearing your reactions so I can better learn how to anticipate and trade with this indicator.

Here is the video I just made (Oops, it won't let me post a link till I have made 10 posts to the thread!)

Thank you,

NeoRio

Video Example

Please just copy and paste this url to your browser:

pronetenter.com/fx/gartley.html

Thanks,

NeoRio

zup alert by email

Can I find some ZUP indicator for Metatrader what send me an email when a new pattern appears?

thanks

//--------------------------------------------------------

// Отправка сообщения на электронную почту. Начало.

void _SendMail(string subject, string some_text)

{

SendMail(subject, some_text);

}

// Отправка сообщения на электронную почту. Конец.

Files:
Reason: