Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 68

PS: probably there is something like this, but was not looking too much for it since it turned out to be quite a simple code, so, while at it, made an indicator that does that (shows the orders on chart) Some additions compared to manual dragging of orders to the chart : choose colors, it automatically adjusts itself to chart symbol, cleans up if removed (which are a problem with manual dragging to the chart) and you can choose if you want to see closed, opened or both (default) type of orders

Here is just a simple example with some randomly entered orders to show how it works
Files:

Thanks Mladen,

This indicator works.

It is the example from yesterday's scalping in advanced elite using Dynamic zone value chart indicator:

Files:

:)

It seems that only 2 of us are interested in seeing our own orders on screen. Oh well, here is another example (I adore ranging markets )

newdigital:
Thanks Mladen,

This indicator works.

It is the example from yesterday's scalping in advanced elite using Dynamic zone value chart indicator:

Files:

Question on Settlement procedure Duka/FxPro

Hello all,

I have a question about the settlement procedure for an forex account.

For example, I have a demo account at FxPro, when I make some trades and close all of them, my equity level stay fix and stable. With another demo account at Dukascopy, when I make some trades and close also all of them the equity level change until the settlement date ???

My question is simple, just some brokers apply a settlement procedure or of them ?

Could you explain me the difference between these two brokers because I'm veru confuse.

I'm starting to open a real account with Duka but this settlement procedure fear me.

Regards,

Christophe.

Questuin about negative balance

Hey

To better illustrate my question i will give example: Imagine that you traded short at EURUSD at price (let say) 1.000. You did it in friday and in monday there is a huge gap and the price now is 1.100. It means for you that your account is now negative (fall below 0) because the margin call was in the level of 1.050. Now not even you do not have invested money but you also have negative balance which probably should be paid to your broker.

Ok it was the frightening example but my question is:

1. In monday broker will for sure close the your order at level of 1.100 where eg your balance is -50$

2. Is it possible that broker will not close the order imidiately in monday and simply "let it go" and the price will hit higher price (1.200) which will result in deepening our debt.

My question is which one of those two above is correnct and possible?

Ps. I know that the 1. is possible but what about the second one?

Greetings; how to add coding or a script

Greetings,

I would like to know how to add a script in trading chart

which has mq4 extension

should that be an indicator?

Thanks in advance

rookie

Metatrader not displaying all bars

Hello

Sorry for the newb question, but my metatrader is not displaying all the bars for certain timeframes. Please see the charts below.

How do I fix this? Thank you for your help

RESOLVED: I just needed to click "Refresh" on the chart!

Files:
ok.jpg  181 kb
notok.jpg  157 kb

First of all - click on Tools - History Center and double click on every timeframe for the pair you want to trade (GBPUSD in our example). Make sure that the data should be loaded (on the left screen):

After that - open the chart with your selected pair (GBPUSD in our example), release 2 buttons (auto scroll button and chart shift button - see image) and press PgUp key on the keyboard, or arrow keys on your keybord, and hold those keys (press and hold). You will see how your chart will be moved and the data will be loaded from History center of your metatrader to the chart. After that - change timeframe for this pair and repeat it.

After that - right mouse click on any place of the chart and select 'refresh'.

You can control it by Journal tab - see image:

Files:
1306_1.jpg  101 kb
1306_2.jpg  161 kb
1306_3.jpg  78 kb

Thank you verymuch , nd

Fixed point of reference

Dear friend,

I have some question (I am a complete newbie) about Metatrader.

I got a virtual demo account from XP Pro.

The 1st question is

Is it normal that I am not able to get less than 50 pips between the market price and the "stop loss" and 50 pips between the Market price and the "take profit" point... it's a minimum of 100 pips difference... I think it's too much to be practical.

The 2nd question is

I want to use MT4 to learn using trends, divergences, support/Resistances etc... How is it possible to decide of a fixed reference that will not change of place when I change of timeframes.

By example, in normal use, the reference is the extreme right hand side of the screen and whatever the time frame we choose, the point will be always the same.

Now if I choose to works a chart that takes place the 12 february 2008 at 5.35 pm. What should I do for this period to be always at the same place whatever the timeframe I choose. I know that I should unselect the auto scroll but nevertheless, if I change the time frame I found myself completely lost elsewhere.

English is not my language so I hope that I made myself clear enough and that my questions are not too obscure.

Many thanks

Reason: