Can somebody help me?

I'm new to Metatrader.

I want to be able to enter a time and date to place a trade of a certain value. I also want to be able to add a stop loss to that trade, but I want that to be in pips (because I don't know what the currency will be worth at the time of the trade). Also, if the dollar value of the trade can be exact (like buy as much as possible with $1,000), that would be ideal.

Any help would be great. Please be as clear as possible since I'm completely new to this and don't know much about how to function it.

Thanks a lot!

blarmen123:

I'm new to Metatrader.

I want to be able to enter a time and date to place a trade of a certain value. 

You can't unless yo want to write some code,  if you are new to MT4 then I guess you are also new to mql4 ?  have you read the Book ? or were you just looking for someone else to write code for you ?  if you want code written for you go here:  MT4 & MT5 coding

I want to be able to enter a time and date to place a trade of a certain value.

-You can choose the time. Or you can choose the price. You cannot choose the time and the price. No one know what time your pending orders will hit. You can send pending orders with expirations.

I also want to be able to add a stop loss to that trade, but I want that to be in pips.

-You want to know the difference between Points and Pips and how to calculate it.

Also, if the dollar value of the trade can be exact (like buy as much as possible with $1,000), that would be ideal.

-Check out my attempt

//You Could Add Something Like.
case 'i':   if(Switch=='i'){Ans=(1000*100*_2Pct)/Margin_Req;}
//100% of 1k Margin In AccountCurrency

Any help would be great. Please be as clear as possible since I'm completely new to this and don't know much about how to function it.

If you're new, read the Book and get the basics. The links for everything you need is at the top of the forum.

Hello Blarman,

I agree with Simon and ubzen, the MQL4 book is a valuable resource, you may also be interested in a ME4 (MetaEditor4) reference named the 'MQL Navigator'. I access this resource most when coding in MQL4.

ME4 'MQL Navigator' snapshot

Thank you

Reason: