Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 56

rookie001:
I have question about MT4 functionality but they are different ones. I hear it can be used on mobiles and PDAs ... so I want to know if for a mobile version one has to buy MT4? I mean is there a fee for this specific version ? How does it run on mobile - any one using it ? Can custom indicators be added to mobile too ? Hope my questions get answered here ! Thanks

Hello,

Usually it is just a link given by your broker for MT4 mobile, and you can just download the platform. The only thing to check is that if your mobile brand and make is compatible with the MT4 link provided.

And as far as Custom Indicators, I think the mobile MT4 has the same functionalities as the PC.

Hope this answered your questions

Take care

help

Did somebody work with them?

w w w .getyourea.com

Meta quote language 4 indicators

I DOWNLOADED 4 ON 3/11 AND THEY ARE IN MY INDICATORS FOLDER BUT THEY AREN'T EX4 ,THEY ARE META QUOTES LANGUAGE 4 FILE(.mq4) .I LIKE THEIR TITLES,BUT HOW DO I USE THEM AND GET THEM ON CHARTS.THEY DON'T SHOW UP ON NAVIGATOR. SURE WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP.I'M USING HEIKEN ASHI SMOOTHED 60 MIN FOR SAFE TRADING AND TOPGUN FOR 5 AND 15 MIN TRADING FOR MORE PIPS/HOUR THAN THE SMOOTHED.

Ea on offline chart

Why did ea crossed over not working on offline chart

does anyone have any idea ???

I just need a 5/8 crossed to work on my renko offline chart

Changing parameters while running EA

Does anybody know what happens if I have an EA running and deside to change one of the parameters? Does the EA start over? Is my new parameter value in use or is the old value still stored?

For example if I have a profit target and started with $100 and changed it to $75, what happens?

Changing parameters while running EA

Hello Bhale,

Metatrader is running the script (.ex4) every time a new tick is called. So if you change a value in the code, you have to re-compile to build a new .ex4.

On the next 'tick', the new values will be effectives.

Good programming !

MagicNumber in the DetailedStatement

Hello,

I would like to know if their is a parameter I can change to get the 'MagicNumber' in a DetailedStatement. I saw that column on NewDigital's statements.

Thank you

Question about MT4 and summer time change

Can somebody help me with this.. I trade with an EA that I recently built. The EA has a built in functionality that trades only between 06:00 am and 17:00 pm. As you know EAs use MT4 time. It used to work fine, and now things are screwed up since Monday when the clocks are changed for the Summer. Basically, what I want to do is capture the same behaviour in the market. In other word whatever used to happen between 06:00 to 17:00 my broker time, used to be good for the EA. Now, how do I change the time in the EA input to reflect this?

My broker: Alpari UK

Their MT4 time is always = UK time + 1 hour

UK time used to be = GMT

Now, UK time = GMT + 1 hour

Do you know how to remove indicators properties on screen?

HI,

Don't know where to post this but, do you know how to remove indicators properties on screen?

Files:
imag.jpg  136 kb

Photoshop???........................

Reason: