Metatrader refuses to connect on Win 10

I have a new clean install of Win 10, and downloaded the latest MT4 for PC direct from your website. Installation went flawlessly. However I am totally un able to login in to my existing trade account wirh CapitalXP. I also have the Android app and the Ios app, both are able to login to my broker QuattroHoldings-Real1, as well as the Web terminal. 

clicking the network rescan does nothing. Turning all security on win 10 OFF does nothing, and yet the demo account is connected. Why can I not connect to my Live Trade account on the client terminal

It appears the client terminal is the only one capable of placing Trailing stops. I use this method of locking in profits very often, therefore I need the PC based program to work. 

Please advise as to what I can do to fix this annoying failure. 

StarTraveler:

I have a new clean install of Win 10, and downloaded the latest MT4 for PC direct from your website. Installation went flawlessly. However I am totally un able to login in to my existing trade account wirh CapitalXP. I also have the Android app and the Ios app, both are able to login to my broker QuattroHoldings-Real1, as well as the Web terminal. 

clicking the network rescan does nothing. Turning all security on win 10 OFF does nothing, and yet the demo account is connected. Why can I not connect to my Live Trade account on the client terminal

It appears the client terminal is the only one capable of placing Trailing stops. I use this method of locking in profits very often, therefore I need the PC based program to work. 

Please advise as to what I can do to fix this annoying failure. 

Hello,

you can't download MT4 platform from this site. Only from your broker can you get MT4 platform.

So, I think you getting MT5 platform and try to connect an MT4 account in the MT5 platform.

Thanks and your right. I didnt realise that each broker had it, I found it by accident today, downloaded it and now all good. Except I can't place an order, I can see my brokerage account, all the details etc, everything is working right with the charts, but when I click new order, the panel is completely blank. No symbols even in the drop down menu. Also their is no one click option that I can see anywhere. Would apreciate any pointers. Thanks
Nikolaos Pantzos:

Hello,

you can't download MT4 platform from this site. Only from your broker can you get MT4 platform.

So, I think you getting MT5 platform and try to connect an MT4 account in the MT5 platform.

Reason: