Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 53

Source Code

If you understand .EX4 files and how to control them, you shouldn't have any problems using MT4. MQ4 files are source code for programmers to write. The best way to think of them is files that a human can understand. EX4 files are equivalent files that computers can understand. Humans can't read EX4 files and computers can't read MQ4 files. A compiler which is part of MetaEditor is required to convert MQ4 files to EX4 files.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply as I understand it better now and I did get the download into mt4.

Thanks,

Multiple Demo Accounts?

I want to see the results for 2 different E A's so I set up 2 Demo accounts with the same broker. I set A account with a specific E A but when I logged in to B account it already had the same charts and the same E A running. The account number changed at the top of the screen but nothing else.

Is it possible to set up multiple demo accounts usong the same pairs with the same broker?

Thanks

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

JXBlack

View Public Profile

Find all posts by JXBlack

Add JXBlack to Your Contacts

JXBlack:
I want to see the results for 2 different E A's so I set up 2 Demo accounts with the same broker. I set A account with a specific E A but when I logged in to B account it already had the same charts and the same E A running. The account number changed at the top of the screen but nothing else.

Is it possible to set up multiple demo accounts usong the same pairs with the same broker?

Thanks

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

JXBlack

View Public Profile

Read about https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175728

JXBlack:

Thanks

JXBlack

View Public Profile

JXBlack,

I believe all you need to do is this: when you are downloading the 2nd version of MetaTrader 4 with the broker and it asks you what you want to name the file, just change the name of the file (for example, add a "2" at the end). If you do not rename the file when you are installing the .exe file, it will just create a duplicate of your first MT4 file and just overwrite each other. So, it should show up in your "Program Files" as "Broker MetaTrader 4" and "Broker MetaTrader 4 (2)" - as an example.

Let me know if that works. Shoot me an email if you'd like (michael.dino@myrebatesfx.com).

Flipping Charts Automatically

Hi all,

Could someone provide a code to Flip Charts Automatically

I don't want to click .... just got sick of it

Cheers

stupid question

I need some help for a trivial problem. When I get indicators from Forum, which I greatly appreciate, the ones .exe are installed well but the ones .mq4do not. Any suggestions from people of knowledge and wisdom?

(Some .exe also do not like to fit in.)

bmitnik:
I need some help for a trivial problem. When I get indicators from Forum, which I greatly appreciate, the ones .exe are installed well but the ones .mq4do not. Any suggestions from people of knowledge and wisdom?

Do you mean exe or ex4? It's possible the .exe auto-extracts itself into the indicator folder. But if it is an .ex4 or .mq4 you must put them in the indicator folder.

Try Re-Compiling Then Put On Chart

bmitnik:

Hi Bmitnik,

It sounds like the .mq4 files may need to be re-compiled. Open the indicator in MetaEditor (right click on indicator name) and compile it, then place it back on your charts. It should work fine.

Why the .ex4 file(s) may not work, I don't know...and they cannot be re-compiled in the MetaEditor. Are they in the correct "expert folder" or "expert/indicator folder?

Good luck with both file types.

Robert

heheh, never thought of ex4

always thinking, which idiot give him an exe

ex4 -- do you know which folder to put in -- [expert] --> [ indicator ]

control-N in MT4, then mouse-DRAG it to your chart

Reason: