Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 37

Adding charts to MT4

Does anyone know how to add these charts to MT4?

EURNZD

GBPCAD GBPAUD GBPNZD

CHFCAD CHFAUD CHFNZD

CADNZD

NZDJPY

Thanks,

JForex.

JForex78:
Hi,

I am looking to add these charts to the MT4 platform.

Any idea how to go about it?

EURNZD

GBPCAD GBPAUD GBPNZD

CHFCAD CHFAUD CHFNZD

CADNZD

NZDJPY

Thanks,

JForex.

As this pairs looks very usual, probably all you need to do is click right mouse button on Market Watch windows and select Show All to see them.

Mq4 indicators won't attach to charts?

I'm trying to place some indicators into my metatrader, but not sure how to load them. Do I place this mq4 files into indicators? I did put them in there but they won't drag onto my charts... :S

Here are the indicators I'm trying to load in this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173235

pay_pal66:
I'm trying to place some indicators into my metatrader, but not sure how to load them. Do I place this mq4 files into indicators? I did put them in there but they won't drag onto my charts... :S

Here are the indicators I'm trying to load in this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173235

You could start by reading tutorials as current thread and this thread

Simple Graphics question

On the MT4 chart, you can chart shift the data to the left. I want to draw a line with one of the coordinates in the area to the right of the current time. Does anyone know how to do this?

'Chart Shift' Button

You can use the 'Chart Shift' button in the 'Charts' toolbar. It is next to the 'Auto Scroll'.

Cheers,

Blue

Backtest Questions

--deleted...I moved this question over to the Forex Trading > Downloads > Expert Advisors - Metatrader 4

Backtesting/Optimization Backtesting/Optimization thread (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general if you're interested) --

Nisha:
Hi all, I don't know if I can call myself newbie or not, I have been checking out this forex and start learning it since March 2008 but until now I still blur with this. I have been trying many indicators and sometimes profit and loss.

I really hope someone could guide me, how to trade in forex and what indicators should I stick to.

Please you all only my hope..

There is no single method to trading success. Trading is a continuous game. I have earlier posted in the "New Members Introduction" a simple method using 20Moving Average with a time frame of 30 min. on the EUR/USD currency pair. Interesting result. perhaps u like to test it out yourself on a demo account.

Dave Sato:
02-15-2009

Dear Sir:

When we use Forex robot software ( such as Fap turbo, PIPZU ) , do we have to have a knowledge of currency background ( such as what affects the exchange rate ) to operate and command the robot software in order to recognize the market condition when conditions have changed and in order to sdjust our command of software ?

OR

Can we operate and command the robot software by the same discipline ( or minor adjustment of the discipline ) at any time in the market, once we built the discipline of operating robot ?

Dave Sato

As a newly joined junior member (joined form just a few days ago), i was going thro past postings and found yours on forex robot systems. I was able to do a testing of 2 forex robot softwares - Forex AutoPilot and Forex Killer on the MT4 platform using their Strategy Tester for the period 2009 Jan 1 to May 24, and they failed miserably. (Unfortunately there was not enough past data to test earlier years).

Warning: Do not trust the seller's backtest reports. Test them out yourself. Fortunately i did not purchase any of the above robot systems.

Reason: