Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 44

Look at the first post of this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Which folder to place Forexsignallive_bigprice.ex4 in?

I have no clue as to which folder, I should place the file called " forexsignallive_bigprice.ex4 in. I would like to be able to read the data more easier.

I thank you for helping me to solve this small problem.

phloid

phloid:
I have no clue as to which folder, I should place the file called " forexsignallive_bigprice.ex4 in. I would like to be able to read the data more easier.

I thank you for helping me to solve this small problem.

phloid

Place the file into Expert folder>indicator.

Files:

More explanation of MetaTrader 4 needed to write programs

I am trying to understand the explantion in the Dictionary in the Editor portion of MetaTrader and I am having a hard times on some items, functions etc...

for example: int he fucntion of int ArrayBsearch( double array[], double value, int count=WHOLE_ARRAY, int start=0, int direction=MODE_ASCEND)

If the element with the specified value doesn't exist in the array, the function returns the index of the nearest smallest value of the elements between which the searched value is located.

The function cannot be used with string arrays and series arrays (with the exception of the series array of the bar open time).

Note: Binary search processes only sorted arrays. To sort numeric arrays use the ArraySort() function.

Parameters:

array[] - The numeric array to search for.

value - The value to search for.

count - Count of elements to search for. By default, it searches in the whole array.

start - Starting index to search for. By default, the search starts at the first element.

direction - Search direction. It can be any of the following values:

MODE_ASCEND searching in forward direction,

MODE_DESCEND searching in backward direction.

Sample:

datetime daytimes[];

int shift=10,dayshift;

// All the Time[] series are sorted in descendant mode

ArrayCopySeries(daytimes,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),PERIOD_D1);

if(Time[shift]>=daytimes[0]) dayshift=0;

else

{

dayshift=ArrayBsearch(daytimes,Time[shift],WHOLE_ARRAY,0,MODE_DESCEND);

if(Period()<PERIOD_D1) dayshift++;

}

Print(TimeToStr(Time[shift])," corresponds to ",dayshift," day bar opened at ",

TimeToStr(daytimes[dayshift]));

I can not understand what this fucntion does.

If the element with the specified value doesn't exist in the array, the function returns the index of the nearest smallest value of the elements between which the searched value is located.

If it element with the specified value doesn't exist in the array then how can it return anything??? and the searched value is located ????....got me!

Coders' Guru wrote excellent lessons among other papers which I read. Thanks Coders' Guru, that got me interested in wanting to program. But, I am lacking the explantions of many of the items in the Dictionary of the MetaTrader Editor. MetaTrader is different language. I find it harder to grasp then other higher languages.

Can someone breakdown and futher explain the do's and pit falls of these items / functions.

I am sure many people would really appreciate it, like me for instance.

For the person or persons that can spent the time in doing so.

MANY THANKS.

Looking for close all ea

This is a great site. I have learned a lot by reading different threads.

I'm not sure I'm in the right thread but maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

I have searched high and low for a CLOSE ALL at a specific price ea that will simply let me pick the price level and, when that price is reached, it will close all positions for that pair.

I trade manually using CCI and would also like to find an ea that simply buys or sells at the level I choose 100, -150 or whatever. The only code I have found are fully automatic trading systems.

I hope someone can help.

Help for a newbie?

Hi Folks,

I have seen a cool indicator here and have downloaded the file but am having difficulty putting it into my MT. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

littlepips:
Hi Folks,

I have seen a cool indicator here and have downloaded the file but am having difficulty putting it into my MT. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Nobody can help you with that sentence you have to explain a bit more.

P.S. (Most of the basic information can be found on tutorials which you can find in google.)

Akif,

Can chart scale be set to Logarithmic ?

Is MT4 only useable in Linear scale ? I would like Logarithmic capability.

regards....

Hey littlepips,

Try opening the file in MetaEditor then select all the code

Then make a new custom indicator, Name it what ever you want and click finish.Then select all the code in the new indicator, then right click on the code and click paste. Once you have done all that just hit compile. If you don't see any errors at the bottom of the page, you should be able to go back to the platform and load the indicator.

If that does'nt work there is something wrong with the code.

Rob

Close all

I am also looking for an exit ea that will calculate the average position of several buy or sell (filled)orders and allow me to input a take profit point to close all orders. eg. Close all at 1.2345

I must say that I have searched the web and several fx blog sites and it baffles me that an ea that does this isn't all over the place

I would settle for one that closes all positions at a chosen price but I cant seem to find that either.

I would greatly appreciate som advice or maybe a referal to someone who would be willing to code an ea for me.

Thanks

Rob

Reason: