Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 27

Set names for "Value" in Data Window?

If it's possible, how do we set name for the 'Value' fields in the Data Window?

I know they are displaying the buffer values, but don't know how to display the buffer name, instead of 'Value 2' etc.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Files:
set-names.gif  57 kb

it's one of those things....

i looked high and low, and somehow couldn't find it, but as soon as I posted, I found the answer.

If anyone else needs to know, just add "SetIndexLabel(0,"your text here");" to the arrow buffer code... like this:

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW,0,arrowSize,BuyColor);

SetIndexArrow(0,158);

SetIndexBuffer(0,buyPrice);

SetIndexEmptyValue(0,0);

SetIndexLabel(0,"Buy Price");

Files:
set-names-2.gif  61 kb

How To Make a EA work with 5 digit broker?

Hi every one. I am new to the forex and also new to the forum and EA. I have a live account with FXCM but non of my EA was working with FXCM broker for they are 5 digit broker, while FFXDD is 4 digit broker and my EA is working with FXDD?

I wonder what code you need to put in the exist EA to make it work with 5 digit broker? Your help is rally appreciated.

Micah222

MICAH222:
Hi every one. I am new to the forex and also new to the forum and EA. I have a live account with FXCM but non of my EA was working with FXCM broker for they are 5 digit broker, while FFXDD is 4 digit broker and my EA is working with FXDD?

I wonder what code you need to put in the exist EA to make it work with 5 digit broker? Your help is rally appreciated.

Micah222

Sometimes by just change a bit the settings Ea could work.

Example: If you're trading with 0.1 lots change to 0.10 or 0.01

Otherwise you need to find a version that work with 5 digits.

mql4 programming best practices

hello all,

Where can I get some guidelines about mql best practices, or templates that help me to create good/clean/easy to understand EA?

Thanks

e

Look at the first post of this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Can't switch between currencies

I didn't use to have this problem, but now when I try to go to a different currency tab in MT4, half of the time, the chart will not change, the only thing that will change is the currency listed in the program's title bar and the focus of the tab at the bottom. It's as if it is getting stalled but my computer should be powerful enough, I've closed down any other programs, internet connection is fine, I've tried different servers. Any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks!

libertao:
I didn't use to have this problem, but now when I try to go to a different currency tab in MT4, half of the time, the chart will not change, the only thing that will change is the currency listed in the program's title bar and the focus of the tab at the bottom. It's as if it is getting stalled but my computer should be powerful enough, I've closed down any other programs, internet connection is fine, I've tried different servers. Any ideas or similar experiences? Thanks!

Have you, let's say, more than 10/12 charts open at same time?

Linuxser:
Have you, let's say, more than 10/12 charts open at same time?

Absolutely, but it used to be able to handle it?

libertao:
Absolutely, but it used to be able to handle it?

Yes, but maybe you're without the needed free memory, swap, cpu power, too many indies on every chart. Too many reasons and too many answers. I mean, it could be MT only or a joint or reasons.

You could start by check how much memory and how much cpu usage is eating the MT and all those charts.

Reason: