Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 20

Hi all,

Hope all of you will make good profits in the year 2009 !

Happy trading.

deleted charts

Anyone know how to prevent my deleted charts from re-appearing everytime I open my platform?

thx,

todd

piptaker:
Anyone know how to prevent my deleted charts from re-appearing everytime I open my platform?

thx,

todd

This happens cos' you have some problems with your installation.

Thx much Linuxser for the reply.

Todd

Scripts Query

Hi there,

Is there any way to have a script attached to a chart load automatically when Metatrader starts?

It appears that although you can attach a script to a chart if you exit Metatrader and the restart the script is no longer attached and one has to reattach it again.

Any suggestions on how one can make a script 'stay' attached to a chart so that you don't have to remember to reattach it everytime you launch Metatrader?

Regards,

Laurence.

Can WE change the Default lot# options on the Order Window Possible Update Idea

Can we change the Default Trading Volume options (# of lots) that appear on the drop down menu of the Order window?

Can we change the default amounts on the Order Window for the volume. I would like it to list 0.3 0.5 0.7 and 1.00 lots for now and it does not show that. It shows:

Then it just jumps from Micros to Huge Standard lot amounts

etc.. etc..

I would love to be able to change those default values to reseanable numbers like 0.3 0.5 1.00 for now and then change them again later on to the new levels that I would use.

That would be a great feature that would make MT4 even greater! Because constantly having to change the numbers on that box is tedious and annoying not to mention I have missed trades because by the time I calculate how much I should put in the price has gone already and don its thing.

If the programers allowed for the change I think people would be placing more trades because they would have all the volumes that they use right there already.

They would feel more comfortable and trade more. Plus we wouldn't have to waste time putting in the number.

Can it be done? Maybe an Idea for an update....?

Thank you gentlemen.

How do you assign hotkeys to the scripts?

Guys I saw in anouther forum that it is possible to assing hotkeys to scripts.

How do you do that?

I think the programmer made a small EA and then added the script to it and hot keys for it.

but I don't know about that.

Where can we go to learn about MT4 programming? Is there some section in the internet where we can learn about that?

Thanks alot gentlemen.

FxApprentice82:
Can we change the Default Trading Volume options (# of lots) that appear on the drop down menu of the Order window?

Can we change the default amounts on the Order Window for the volume. I would like it to list 0.3 0.5 0.7 and 1.00 lots for now and it does not show that. It shows:

Then it just jumps from Micros to Huge Standard lot amounts

etc.. etc..

I would love to be able to change those default values to reseanable numbers like 0.3 0.5 1.00 for now and then change them again later on to the new levels that I would use.

That would be a great feature that would make MT4 even greater! Because constantly having to change the numbers on that box is tedious and annoying not to mention I have missed trades because by the time I calculate how much I should put in the price has gone already and don its thing.

If the programers allowed for the change I think people would be placing more trades because they would have all the volumes that they use right there already.

They would feel more comfortable and trade more. Plus we wouldn't have to waste time putting in the number.

Can it be done? Maybe an Idea for an update....?

Thank you gentlemen.

I don't know what account class you have but it's possible by hand on most.

Files:

FxApprentice82:
Guys I saw in anouther forum that it is possible to assing hotkeys to scripts.

How do you do that?

I think the programmer made a small EA and then added the script to it and hot keys for it.

but I don't know about that.

Where can we go to learn about MT4 programming? Is there some section in the internet where we can learn about that?

Thanks alot gentlemen.

Right Click over the script and "Set Hotkey"

*.ex4 and platform help

Hi,

I have some indicators which are *.ex4 files - but when i open up the custom indicators folder in my metatrader, they dont show up. Is there a reason for this?

I have put them in the right folder, for sure; but why cant i use them? Only mq4 files work!

Also, sometimes, my metatrader takes so long to load, and when it does, not all indicators under the custom indicators are loaded. For eg. indicators from a-p show up (alphabetically), the rest dont. Then i have to RESTART the platform, and sometimes all come up, otherwise, keep restarting till they all do!

Any help here would be great.

Thanks.

TD

Reason: