SkyDART - page 16

Set File

fxnewbie:
Yeah, I dont believe in backtests, too. Probably is something wrong with my backtester, too good to be truth.

But basically what I do is to disable XPma and Whadah (by switching to 0) and enable only CCI (switching to 1), coz I am a big fan of CCI (for enter and exit). Also choose trailing Stop type 5 0r 6 and play with SL and TP levels. Personally I dont like a TP of 20 and a SL of 100 (not good R/R ratio), so I changed to SL at 20 and TP at 72 ( If you choose a trailing stop type 5 you will notice that a big TP is irrelevant).

If you do backtests with those settings, please post.

FXNewbie

Could you please save your settings as a set file, I want to load it and see if the results are the same. I am getting winners here but I need to check everything.

if it doesn't attach just Zip it

Also which data set are you using: Alpari or your broker

Thanks, appreciate the trouble.

thesource:
FXNewbie

Could you please save your settings as a set file, I want to load it and see if the results are the same. I am getting winners here but I need to check everything.

if it doesn't attach just Zip it

Also which data set are you using: Alpari or your broker

Thanks, appreciate the trouble.

I am using Alpari data.

Not so good. The signal is not clear.Too risky..

Your Comment

nicesurf:
Not so good. The signal is not clear.Too risky..

Your comment is not so good, The advise is not clear Too risky using it

LOL just messing with you.

Could you please elaborate on what you are referring to. Thanks

manu_fx:
I'm getting excelent results using the expert made by MrPip on a demo account. Until now I have no losses, just wining trades! I made the tests in the last 3 weeks on the M30 timeframe.

But I'm getting these results using Only Long/Only Short settings, trading acording the main trend from H4/daily. Until now I made tests on ~20 pairs, I'm thinking to extend the tests to all the pairs from nothfinance. Also, I'm disabling the expert when the pair is overbought/oversold on the H4/Daily timeframes and waiting for reversal signals in order to re-setup it on the inverse direction.

If anybody is interested I'll post the details at the end of every week.

Manu_FX,

Yes, I am interested in your results, please post them here.

I also tried this EA but I was not able to reach great success with it. Your method is interesting with manually setting the OnlyLong/OnlyShort switch, probably this is the key to the success.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

excelent results

I'm getting excelent results using the expert made by MrPip, on a demo account. Until now I have no losses, just wining trades! I made the tests in the last 3 weeks on the M30 timeframe.

But I'm getting these results using Only Long/Only Short settings, trading acording the main trend from H4/daily. Until now I made tests on ~20 pairs, I'm thinking to extend the tests to all the pairs from nothfinance. Also, I'm disabling the expert when the pair is overbought/oversold on the H4/Daily timeframes and waiting for reversal signals in order to re-setup it on the inverse direction.

Me Too

I would love to see how you saved this EA, Manu-FX. Please post your settings.

Maybe Mr. Pip will come back for a look.

Glenn/Montana

please wait...

ok, I'll do it.

Now I can't, because on the same demo account I have mixed results from different experts and manual trades. I'll do a new nortfinance account, restart the expert and let it run. I'll post the results at the end of next week. So, please wait a little bit...

Also, I'm testing a similar expert with different settings of Waddah_Attar_Explosion. It's a great indicator; wounderfull work done by the creator! But it needs some optimisations from pair to pair. For example the buy/sell signals are very good for GBP/USD which have a daily moving average of ~110 pips, but it give very late the signals for pairs like EUR/USD, USD/CAD with a daily moving average of ~60 pips. If possible MrPip can change the expert according with the optimisation settings. The expert made by me is not so good, so far.

Regards,

Manu

chrisstoff:
Manu_FX,

Yes, I am interested in your results, please post them here.

I also tried this EA but I was not able to reach great success with it. Your method is interesting with manually setting the OnlyLong/OnlyShort switch, probably this is the key to the success.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

manu_fx:
ok, I'll do it.

Now I can't, because on the same demo account I have mixed results from different experts and manual trades. I'll do a new nortfinance account, restart the expert and let it run. I'll post the results at the end of next week. So, please wait a little bit...

Also, I'm testing a similar expert with different settings of Waddah_Attar_Explosion. It's a great indicator; wounderfull work done by the creator! But it needs some optimisations from pair to pair. For example the buy/sell signals are very good for GBP/USD which have a daily moving average of ~110 pips, but it give very late the signals for pairs like EUR/USD, USD/CAD with a daily moving average of ~60 pips. If possible MrPip can change the expert according with the optimisation settings. The expert made by me is not so good, so far.

Regards,

Manu

Manu,

No problem, it is not a matter of urgency - so I can wait for your good results

Happy trading and be the pips with you!

Regards,

Chrisstoff

new ideas and new version of EA

manu_fx:
I'm getting excelent results using the expert made by MrPip, on a demo account. Until now I have no losses, just wining trades! I made the tests in the last 3 weeks on the M30 timeframe.

What are you using to determine trend and overbought/oversold conditions?

I have modified the EA to use the angle of HMA3 on the 4 hr and daily charts and it does look promising on backtest.

Robert

Reason: