SkyDART - page 17

New version

Here is the new version.

HMA3 goes in the indicators folder and is used to determine trend.

I also need to read the updated rules on the first post to see what else might need to be changed in the EA.

Robert

Files:
hma3.mq4  3 kb

Ea

Excellent. Thanks, Mr. Pip.

SkyDart

Thank u for comeback and EA, seem nice work. Many tx.

J

thank ~~~ start a live test today ~

Great job mr.pip

attachment

Hi Chrisstoff,

I attached the statement file with a few trades made by the expert this week. I was not able to keep tracking many pairs, because I'm very busy with something else. There is one loose; perhaps I made a mistake about that pair when setup it Only Long.

Also, there is a small change in the first version of expert, change made by me. The entry price is always the same (using 1pip=1$ for every 1000$ available in my account, until the value of demo account will be double).

I'll download the new expert version and test it as well.

Regards,

Manu

chrisstoff:
Manu_FX,

Yes, I am interested in your results, please post them here.

I also tried this EA but I was not able to reach great success with it. Your method is interesting with manually setting the OnlyLong/OnlyShort switch, probably this is the key to the success.

Regards,

Chrisstoff
Files:
statement_4.htm  14 kb

overbought/oversold conditions

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your work well done!

I'll test the new version of expert; probably it's better than the first one.

I have only one negative comment about the first version.

For all the pairs with big move (GBP/USD, EUR/AUD, GBP/JPY, etc) I got excelent results, but for the pairs with small/average moves (EUR/USD, USD/CAD, EUR/CHF, etc) the results are poor. The signal buy/sell it's very late for the last pairs; so it needs a faster entry. Maybe change the settings of Waddah indicator or remove the filter (XPMA).

Otherwise the expert is very good and profitable.

About the overbought/oversold conditions:

-bollinger bands is the first indicator; when touch the upper/lower bands the pair start to become overbought/oversold

-williams' percent range when touch the levels 5/95

-stochastic (5,3,3) or (14,5,5) when below/after 20/80 levels.

About trend, probably HMA3 indicator is very good. I'm not so sure because I don't trust many indicators and I use only a few.

I need to explain you what I'm looking for:

I was a following trend trader the very first 2 years of trading, but then started to trade reversal paterns (Gartley, Pesavento), try to find bullish and bearish divergences, use Pitchfork tool, trendlines, Fibo targets, etc.

But I still think the following trend technology is profitable. So, I'm looking to find an expert to go to play in the direction where I think the price will go. Permanently I have opened positions in my real account, but still free margin to let an expert to play.

Yours seem very good! Thank you again!

Regards,

Manu

MrPip:
What are you using to determine trend and overbought/oversold conditions?

I have modified the EA to use the angle of HMA3 on the 4 hr and daily charts and it does look promising on backtest.

Robert

Skydart Statement

manu_fx:
Hi Chrisstoff,

I attached the statement file with a few trades made by the expert this week. I was not able to keep tracking many pairs, because I'm very busy with something else. There is one loose; perhaps I made a mistake about that pair when setup it Only Long.

Also, there is a small change in the first version of expert, change made by me. The entry price is always the same (using 1pip=1$ for every 1000$ available in my account, until the value of demo account will be double).

I'll download the new expert version and test it as well.

Regards,

Manu

Hi Manu,

Thank you for the statement, it is very impressive! Nice work!

During the weekend I will analyze your statement in details and I try to forward test the improvement EA next week. Hope I can get better results than last time...

Thank you, Robert for the continuous hard work!

Regards,

Chrisstoff

manu_fx:
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your work well done!

I'll test the new version of expert; probably it's better than the first one.

I have only one negative comment about the first version.

For all the pairs with big move (GBP/USD, EUR/AUD, GBP/JPY, etc) I got excelent results, but for the pairs with small/average moves (EUR/USD, USD/CAD, EUR/CHF, etc) the results are poor. The signal buy/sell it's very late for the last pairs; so it needs a faster entry. Maybe change the settings of Waddah indicator or remove the filter (XPMA).

Otherwise the expert is very good and profitable.

About the overbought/oversold conditions:

-bollinger bands is the first indicator; when touch the upper/lower bands the pair start to become overbought/oversold

-williams' percent range when touch the levels 5/95

-stochastic (5,3,3) or (14,5,5) when below/after 20/80 levels.

About trend, probably HMA3 indicator is very good. I'm not so sure because I don't trust many indicators and I use only a few.

I need to explain you what I'm looking for:

I was a following trend trader the very first 2 years of trading, but then started to trade reversal paterns (Gartley, Pesavento), try to find bullish and bearish divergences, use Pitchfork tool, trendlines, Fibo targets, etc.

But I still think the following trend technology is profitable. So, I'm looking to find an expert to go to play in the direction where I think the price will go. Permanently I have opened positions in my real account, but still free margin to let an expert to play.

Yours seem very good! Thank you again!

Regards,

Manu

hi, manu

i suppose that you are testing skydart 1.1 on tf=30m with default setting, and

disable ea on over conditions manually.

can we say that adding over/conditions on ea we obtain the same result on you statement ?

as you can see from my statement the result is not good

can you help me ?

thanks in advance, giapel

Hi Giapel,

Yes, I tested skydart 1.1 on tf=30m and from now on I'll test skydart 1.2. I'm sure the tf=1h it's working fine, with excelent results, but my time is very limited to test everything.

Yes, I think adding over/conditions on ea you'll obtain the same result as my statement. You need to know the targets of pairs and if possible when they will touch the targets (but the time is not really necessary).

If any language mistake, please scuze me, my mother tongue is not english.

Perhaps it's better an example to be more clear. For example Glenn (winsteadglenn) asked me about GBP/USD, because for this pair the EA it's working very good.

So, which are the targets for this pair in the near future? First of all the sell from Friday must continue until reach 1.9790 area. How can I know that? We have a Gartley Buterfly on the M30, probably you saw it already. Then go to buy GBP/USD until 1.9950 area. Why? Because again you saw a Gartley buterfly on the Daily timeframe. Then go to sell until 1.9750 area. And so on, until the big move down will reach the target 1.9400 and we need to change the general movement to long until 2.0200, sell again, etc

The pair is allways on a cycle (buy/sell); I know it's a stupid statement, but it's true.

So, you need to know if the general direction is up/down and when changing the direction it's just a retracement, or a big reversal.

After making the analysis the standard oscilators must confirm with overbought/oversold conditions. When a big move will finish will apear divergences on the main oscilators and that's again a confirmation. Then you need to stop the EA and place it on the inverse direction. You just need to watch and enjoy; the forex can be a big pleasure if you have a correct money management. I don't claim my prediction is 100% correct and sometimes I loose. This is a part of game, but generally the analysis it's correct. Also, I don't risk more than 1,5% from my real account and only after a position is profitable and placed on a trailing stop, I'm going to open a new position.

It's a lot to tell, but I'm not a good writer and I'm a just a small/modest trader. There are lots of strong traders on this forum (I know lots of good nicknames); they must keep teaching the traders.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Manu

giapel:
hi, manu

i suppose that you are testing skydart 1.1 on tf=30m with default setting, and

disable ea on over conditions manually.

can we say that adding over/conditions on ea we obtain the same result on you statement ?

as you can see from my statement the result is not good

can you help me ?

thanks in advance, giapel
Reason: