Profit Generator EA - page 16

holyguy7:
Nich, any chance you can add Stoch Indicator as you have done with STI on this one as well. It might need an additional indicator (as an option) just to verify movement.

holyguy, if there is a modification of the EA to add the Stoch or some other indicator, would you please leave v2.7 as well in your first post? It seems to be an excellent working version that is true to the original theory. Some people may want to continue to tweak the settings and keep working with the original EA, while others may want to work with a modified version that has the Stoch.

My concern is that people often jump to change an EA around after a losing day or two when it might not be necessary. Every EA will lose sometimes. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work on this thread! We may be on to something good here!

delsule:
Not complaining so far. Testing on 30 min chart, 4 majors. Sl 30, tp 6 , allowing 3 trades per pair. See statement. I'm using the first version of Profit Generator.

Hello delsule,

Good statement,

Please, can you tell us which version use you?

BrunoFX:
Hello delsule,

Good statement,

I think it was the first version that Holyguy7 posted on his first post but took it off after the new versions came out...

Maybe holyguy7 could leave the 1st version (before all the modifications) for us for testing purposes?

Furthermore, some of us don't use InterbankFX for forward testing....we don't have the 19 currencies available so the results we are experiencing will vary greatly...For example, I use alpari and only 10 currencies that fit the description of "less or equal to 5 pips spread".I have installed version 2.6 and put it on H1 with longbar 15 (default for all the other settings). For today it did better then on daily charts.

Sada

Files:
statement_1.htm  12 kb

How do you run the expert on multiple timeframes on the same pair? Won't it still only do one trade per pair at a time?

I'm thinking of running this on M30, H1, H4, and D1 on all the major pairs. I've just started running this yesterday on D1 and it's not doing so good, but from what I hear H1 and M30 did good today? If so that would've made up for the loss from D1. Hopefully there won't be a day where all 4 of the timeframes are losing days.

Hi,

Please look at the PIC and tell me how is that possible? How is possible to have a negative profit.I'm using v2.6.3 without the SL...

In another testing I have found a doubled profit on one trade. I had 40pips TP, so If I had 10lots a pip that's 4000k but in the statement was 8000k, maybe there is an error or maybe my inputs are wrong....

Thanks

Files:

JoZo:
Hi,

Please look at the PIC and tell me how is that possible? How is possible to have a negative profit.I'm using v2.6.3 without the SL...

In another testing I have found a doubled profit on one trade. I had 40pips TP, so If I had 10lots a pip that's 4000k but in the statement was 8000k, maybe there is an error or maybe my inputs are wrong....

Thanks

Holy cow! This thread moves fast! If you are using (UseClose), it automatically double your TP. That's for safety purposes. When you set it to true we are assuming to actually close the trade before the TP. It is possible that you had UseClose as true and TSactivation at a much higher point...

BrunoFX:
Hello delsule,

Good statement,

Hello,

I used first ea posted in first message, but I see it's not there anymore. I think it was the explicit wish of thread starter not to have all the ea on it.

I will mail the ea to u.

In the mean time an update of the statement.

Files:
prof_gen_1.htm  17 kb

Nicholishen:
Holy cow! This thread moves fast! If you are using (UseClose), it automatically double your TP. That's for safety purposes. When you set it to true we are assuming to actually close the trade before the TP. It is possible that you had UseClose as true and TSactivation at a much higher point...

You are right Nich, sorry for the stupid question.

delsule:
Hello,

I used first ea posted in first message, but I see it's not there anymore. I think it was the explicit wish of thread starter not to have all the ea on it.

I will mail the ea to u.

In the mean time an update of the statement.

Delsule,

Can you please mail me this EA and what are setting, I mean TF and other ?

Thanks in advance

laserjet:
Delsule,

Can you please mail me this EA and what are setting, I mean TF and other ?

Thanks in advance

First version of ProfitGenerator.

Files:
Reason: