Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 5

Shinigami:
it would be nice to add filters to the EA but I don't know how do these things work...

optimizing... time left: 11 years+..... I've got to upgrade my PC...

I'll try to change calculation of pivot point this weekend, I'll inform you of the result.

We can add filters too

11 Years + LOL your must be simulating Titanic or Jurassic park ...not forex ... I am not a porgrammer but i think the problem is not your computer but maybe the signal used to place the trade from one of the indicators .. try to remove them one by one and see the reuslt ... let me know if you need any indicator I got like a 1000 one ... is it possible to add an option to place the trade in the direction of the 4H trend from GMACD indicator? or maybe that has already been done .. ...

Dolly E.A. mod

I know to most of you backtesting is crap,lets hope its so.

tools

enquire

hi,

just like to confirm is this how this system looks like?

still figuring the long and short signal tho

MiniMe:
11 Years + LOL your must be simulating Titanic or Jurassic park ...not forex ... I am not a porgrammer but i think the problem is not your computer but maybe the signal used to place the trade from one of the indicators .. try to remove them one by one and see the reuslt ... let me know if you need any indicator I got like a 1000 one ... is it possible to add an option to place the trade in the direction of the 4H trend from GMACD indicator? or maybe that has already been done .. ...

optimization - 1,000,000 backtests

Besides I tried to run 2 optimizations (100% cpu usage) with 1 single core cpu. double core cpu would work fine.

newt:
hi,

just like to confirm is this how this system looks like?

still figuring the long and short signal tho

anyone using this sytem to do manual trading?

Optimizing

Shinigami:
optimization - 1,000,000 backtests Besides I tried to run 2 optimizations (100% cpu usage) with 1 single core cpu. double core cpu would work fine.

Hi,

1 thing that might help you is to tick the box: 'Genetic Algorithm' in the Expert properties, Testing tab. Next you can go to the Optimization tab and tick the box 'Balance minimum' and set this for instance @ 8000 (when your starting balance is 10000) and tick the box 'Maximum drawdown' and set this @ 10 (is drawdown in %).

If I'm informed correctly, your pc will do now, not run all the million options, but tries some at random and filters out the not so useful settings (within the parameters set in the 'Optimization' tab. If I understand it correctly it could be that you skip one or two good settings BUT at least you can get a rough idea of were possible good values are and take it from there. You can always, ones you have a ballpark idea, tighten the range of your values in the 'Inputs' tab and run a 'normal' (so without the 'Genetic Algorithm').

And on the note of dual core... I did buy me one 3 months ago and it does make a big difference! At least I'm still able to use my pc for other useless stuff, whilst optimizing!

Good luck,

Vince

So far I found settings that give some positive result. For 2006 at least.

TP 400

SL 200

Time1 09:00 (please note: changing time to 9:00 makes it unusable, use 09:00)

Time2 15:00

Uroven 15

Trailing 85

Risk factor 0.1

Results: PF 3.46, profit 45,300 (depo is 20,000) drawdown is 17,5%

BUT! Only 91 deal

I'm planning on changing trailing stop to volatility-dependent trail. No idea how, maybe it will look like this: we don't move trailing stop much during trading hours, but we tighten up the stop after the end of EU session and before Asian session begins.

I know how to make stops time-dependent, but I do not know how to make stops volatility-dependent...

Din

Yes, Im using this sytem to do manual trading

Files:
din.gif  131 kb

newt:
anyone using this sytem to do manual trading?

Read KusKus manual trading and under each post done by Zeman there is a link to download the KusKus system ... also you will find the rules there

Shinigami:

I'm planning on changing trailing stop to volatility-dependent trail. No idea how, maybe it will look like this: we don't move trailing stop much during trading hours, but we tighten up the stop after the end of EU session and before Asian session begins.

I know how to make stops time-dependent, but I do not know how to make stops volatility-dependent...

To make a parameter volatility dependant you can use multiplication by value of a volatility indicator e.g. iATR(...) and you can use addition, etc. as well.

Reason: