The Simba Con Man - page 31

Digital Macd

Hi Gerry,

OK,here we go...

1-The digital Macd you posted just calculates the differences between 2 SATLs...first one(coefficients 0 to 63) is probably a SATL with P1=64,D1=32...Second one(coeffs 0 to 64) is the same SATL delayed by one bar with the Digital Filters generator.

2-Consequently,you have to calculate the same coefficient twice,one with 0 delay,one with delay=1..then copy and paste on value1 and value2 respectively,in order to have your custom digital macd...Not very efficient,since you are using a lot of code to just show you when the slope of a SATL has turned.

3-You can be creative and, for example if,you do a spectrum analysis of EURUSDH1 and find a very dominant cycle of 90 periods,with 2 interesting peaks at 9 and 29 periods...then decide to respect the MACD spirit and calculate a SATLfast(d1=9,p1=90) and a SATLslow(d1=29,p1=90) coefficients,substitute them as value1 and value 2 and create a customized digital macd ,or,even simpler(aka better) just use the 2 SATLs I attach and decide on only longs when fastie is above slowy and viceversa

I am fairly sure that you will like this much more than just using the digital macd,and that you have enough conceptual tools,now, to be able to customize this method for any trading instrument and timeframe you may wish to do so.

Smile and relax.

Biker883:
Hi,

I am posting the digital MACD indicator that I am using.

I want to compare standard coefficients of digital macd with "new" coefficients more adapted to recent market activity

Digital Macd has in his calculation

value1= 0.258....*Close[1] + 0.254*Close[n] and

value2= 0.454....*Close[1] + .2548*Close[n]

so 2 different series

and the MACD value is calculated value1-value2

When I generate a new code with the DF Generator for recent P1 and D1 values I only get 1 serie

my question is how each series is calculated? on what base?...

Thank you for your help

Gerry
Files:
satlfast.mq4  2 kb
satlslow.mq4  3 kb

Digital MACD

Dear Simba,

You are the man, thank you so much for the explanation and the advice.

I will definitely explore your suggestion.

Regards

Gerry

spectrum analyzer

I'm quite new to this thread and using of digital filters generator program and I have a basic question, hopefully somebody can help me.

I installed Digital filters generator program from downaload section, then i exported .csv data from metatrader. Opening this file by digital generator program is not a problem but when I try to open by spectrum analyzer it fails

complaining about wrong format. Any idea how to overcome this ??

Krzysztof

export

fajst_k:
I'm quite new to this thread and using of digital filters generator program and I have a basic question, hopefully somebody can help me.

I installed Digital filters generator program from downaload section, then i exported .csv data from metatrader. Opening this file by digital generator program is not a problem but when I try to open by spectrum analyzer it fails

complaining about wrong format. Any idea how to overcome this ??

Krzysztof

Krzysztof,

Do not export data..just open the DFG,go to spectrum analyzer,File--Open--(whatever your mt4 platform is)--History and open the .hst files there directly from the spectrum analyzer.

Welcome to the Forum

Simba

Questions

Hi Simba,

I followed threads about digital filters at TSD than Simba Con Man' and finally

'Optimized Trend Trading" from FF.

In first part of the Simba Con Man you were using oscillator SimbaConMan which I believe was built using DF program and it's spectrum analyzer (MESA??). Later on I've seen that this oscillator disappeared. So what's

is you conclusion about using of DF program after this time and a new knowledge about stationary/non stationary series. Is this method of analysis

using build in spectrum analyzer valid for you even if sometime we are analyzing non stationary data ?? What's happen to this oscillator ??

What is in your opinion the best MA following the trend for time being ??

(FATL build by DF program, centered T3, JMA or maybe something else ??)

Is the method of setting the period for MA using SA from DF program still valid ??

Can you post here dickey-fuller-example.doc document and excel shit for stationary/non stationary test. It seems that it disappeared from the Web.

Krzysztof

Files:
cl_slope2.mq4  2 kb

Sorry.....

I forget the other indicator that works with cl slope2

Files:
cl_slope.mq4  2 kb

Hello, I want to express my appreciation to you SIMBA, your indicators are an inspiration to us all and even more. I now know that cycles indicators have a great use in my manual trading. I was starting to think finding the perfect cycles indicators was a losing find but that was until a while back when I found your thead here.

The Simba Con Man indicator is an "INVERTED COMPOSITE CYCLE" indicator on the daily timeframe that tells me with approx 85%probability if we can expect to be in a down/uptrend during the next month or 2.

INVERTED CYCLE means that when the indicator slope goes up,prices-probably-go down and viceversa.

COMPOSITE means that the indicator is composed of several cycles

I used several programs to discover,add and refine the Cycles:Cycletrends,Mesa,Digital filter generator.

I based my job on the teachings of JM HURST and JOHN EHLERS

This is the only indicator that I created entirely on my own,without "legoing" the work of others...to create it in MT4 version I used the digital filter generator,posted(thanks again) by Newdigital.

All the cycles included in the composite have extremely high Bartels(90+),so,the probabilty of them being "fake" cycles is minimal.

Take a look at the pics,they cover the past 3.5 years..if you like them,I will post the .ex4 for you to use

What happened to these indicators, where did they disappear to or am I missing the post they are attached to? If you have them please post them for me or send me a PM and email them to me, thanks

Ssa

Hello,

Can Mladen or someone else please post the SSA indicator? I could not find it in this thread.

Thank you

Reason: