Help with a csv export

hi guys i have this file i have been messing with called agdata. it exports metatrader data into a csv file (intraday data in "end of day" data format). i finally got it so close but the only problem is when i export the csv file it looks great in excel but in notepad it is missing something. i download a csv file from yahoo and open it in notepad there is a little square at the end of every line. and when i open the file exported by agdata there is no square. i will attach the export files and the indicator file. if any of you guys can help me i would really appreciate it. i am so close and have no idea what to do now.

Files:
files.rar  240 kb
agdata.mq4  5 kb

different symbol for end of line is used. AUDUSD.cvs has 0x0d0a(hex #) and table.cvs has 0x0a. It's different convention.

Notepad is simple program and doesn't recognize everything.

I am not familiar though which method is correct for cvs file, probably table.cvs.

hey guys the only problem i have is to get the first line to look like this

Date,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,Adj Close(with the square right here)

and that is all that has to be done. this is probably easy for one of you guys. i hope someone can help me.

GOT IT!!!!!! took me 3 days but i did it

How to export data to CSV

Hi guys,

Very good forum first of all.

Just started to do the programming. Can anyone show me a script for exporting data. I know this can be done. Just don't know how. Need an example.

Cheers

Hazel:
Hi guys,

Very good forum first of all.

Just started to do the programming. Can anyone show me a script for exporting data. I know this can be done. Just don't know how. Need an example.

Cheers

Hi.

I moved your post to here where there is one tool. Another thread is https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general.

Other links:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175997

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175464

Help with date formate please

kidhudi:
hi guys i have this file i have been messing with called agdata. it exports metatrader data into a csv file (intraday data in "end of day" data format). i finally got it so close but the only problem is when i export the csv file it looks great in excel but in notepad it is missing something. i download a csv file from yahoo and open it in notepad there is a little square at the end of every line. and when i open the file exported by agdata there is no square. i will attach the export files and the indicator file. if any of you guys can help me i would really appreciate it. i am so close and have no idea what to do now.

Hi kidhud

This looks like what I have been searching for. The only problem is the date format. When loaded into excel the date looks like this: 19300112 When I try to convert it to a date format, all I end up with is a very long line of : ###########

Could any one please help or tel me where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Basza

basza:
Hi kidhud

This looks like what I have been searching for. The only problem is the date format. When loaded into excel the date looks like this: 19300112 When I try to convert it to a date format, all I end up with is a very long line of : ###########

Could any one please help or tel me where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Basza

Try to wide your column till you can see some numbers and then post a picture.

Linuxser:
Try to wide your column till you can see some numbers and then post a picture.

Hi Linuxser

It has something to do with negative dates or times.

I have widen it to 1230 pixles and still the same

Thanks

Basza

basza:
Hi Linuxser

It has something to do with negative dates or times.

I have widen it to 1230 pixles and still the same

Thanks

Basza

Try to upload the file. I will convert the date for you.

Linuxser:
Try to upload the file. I will convert the date for you.

Hi Linuxser

Do you want the .cvs file?

Or can you alter the indi at the top of this topic?

Thanks for helping out

Cheers

Basza

Reason: