News Trader EA - page 109

Yes, I found.

It is SpreadoMeter indicator second version by Igorad (attahed). Attach this indicator (it is indicator so it should be in indicators folder) to the chart and forget for some time.

Spread is recorded on the chart.

Attach to M5 charts you are planning to trade.

Files:

newdigital:
It depends on the broker.

Thanks. I know. That is what I meant by "hope". lol

I will try spreadometer. It sound like a good idea to check and compare all my brokers.

I have been testing on Alpari demo account since monday, but haven't entered any trade yet. I am looking forward to your report at the end of the week to compare results.

I have adjusted the settings on the NFP strategies multiplying slippage and other parameters by 10 according to the instructions you posted before in this thread. When my settings are adjusted to match yours (on a 5 digit broker), I will create a MT4 profile or modify your files and send them to you, so you can post them on the first thread, and help the setup process for other newbies.

One problem I did have was with webget.dll. And sorted it following your directions to create the exclusions for Metatrader Terminal for the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) on Windows Performance Options.

As to me so - there are many pending orders for this week (as always in every week). But it was just 1 trade for USDCAD. May be - some more trades will be tomorrow (on Friday).

newdigital:
As to me so - there are many pending orders for this week (as always in every week). But it was just 1 trade for USDCAD. May be - some more trades will be tomorrow (on Friday).

I though I was doing something wrong. so I changed back my settings back to the original deleting the added 0s. The result were catastrophics. LOL

So now that you say that there were no trades open. I feel comfortable that i wasnt doing anything wrong. If the USCAD trade was early on monday, I might have missed it becouse of my problem with webget.dll (sorted now)

so i will be back to the nfp settings with the 5 digit correction and wait for your report to compare it.

Thanks for your support. I can't figure how you are able to mantain all this website. Awesome job!!

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: 0.

GBPUSD: 0.

USDJPY: 0.

USDCHF: 0.

AUDUSD: 0.

USDCAD: -30.

NZDUSD: 0.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

monthly return on equity

hi newdigital,

do you have any information on how was the monthly return over initial capital on this test that you have been running.

it will be cool to have a month by month return since the date you started, but if it is too much work, annual returns will be also very informative and less demanding for you.

Thanks

It is too much work.

I will try to make monthly statements next week (for 1 or few years).

High impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

Monthly results.

--------------

July 2010:

EURUSD: -50.

GBPUSD: 2.

USDJPY: -50.

USDCAD: -41.

TOTAL for July: -139 pips.

---------------

June 2010:

EURUSD: 51.

GBPUSD: -72.

USDJPY: 68.

USDCHF: 92.

USDCAD: 41.

TOTAL for June: 180 pips.

---------------

May 2010:

EURUSD: 192.

GBPUSD: -56.

USDJPY: -36.

USDCHF: 39.

AUDUSD: -3.

USDCAD: -103.

NZDUSD: 6.

TOTAL for May: 39 pips.

---------------

April 2010:

EURUSD: 0.

GBPUSD: 157.

USDJPY: 0.

USDCAD: 85.

TOTAL for April: 242 pips.

---------------

March 2010:

EURUSD: -21.

GBPUSD: 210.

USDJPY: 55.

USDCHF: 66.

AUDUSD: -1.

USDCAD: 219.

NZDUSD: -54.

TOTAL for March: 474 pips.

---------------

February 2010:

EURUSD: -119.

GBPUSD: 151.

USDJPY: -113.

USDCHF: -5.

AUDUSD: 10.

USDCAD: -3.

NZDUSD: 38.

TOTAL for February: -41 pips.

---------------

January 2010:

EURUSD: 80.

GBPUSD: 153.

USDJPY: 113.

USDCHF: 55.

AUDUSD: 54.

USDCAD: 78.

NZDUSD: 63.

TOTAL for January: 596 pips.

---------------

5 digit settings and MT4 profile

Thanks for your effort on getting the monthly returns. That is great. (no need more months, I can do my analysis from that data set)

Now, let me retribute you and this forum with a little something. Not much, but is all i can do with my scarce knowledge.

I have modified your original 5.3 files to work with 5 digit brokers (manually adding the 0s in the mq4 files)

I have also created a profile. So whoever copies the files in that folder to their profile folder in metatrader, will be able to open all the graphics with all the strategies loaded in M1 timeframe.

Hope this helps someone.

returns

condensed your monthly returns in a spreasheet screenshot for easy analysis.

interesting to see that GBP provides half of the profit and USDCAD about 20%

Files:
Reason: