Signal Trading History Volume

Looking around for a "good" trading signal to copy, I read about the Trading History Volume. if it says 0.02, does that mean that the system will open an order with 2000 (0.02 x 100,000) which is basically 2 micro lots?

If that is true, then how can the Account > Growth > YTD be cumulative of all the month return? since the cumulative implies the order size will grow/shrink with the account size?

Thanks

samjesse:

Looking around for a "good" trading signal to copy, I read about the Trading History Volume. if it says 0.02, does that mean that the system will open an order with 2000 (0.02 x 100,000) which is basically 2 micro lots?

If that is true, then how can the Account > Growth > YTD be cumulative of all the month return? since the cumulative implies the order size will grow/shrink with the account size?

Thanks

Look at the signal section..... https://www.mql5.com/en/signals
Trading signals for MetaTrader 5
Trading signals for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Choose a signal you are interested in and subscribe to it in a few clicks. Monitored accounts are provided with a detailed statistics and trading history. Watch a Tutorial Video on how to subscribe to a Signal. Sell the...

Juergen Frank:
Look at the signal section..... https://www.mql5.com/en/signals

Thanks, but that did not help answer the questions.

samjesse:

Thanks, but that did not help answer the questions.

The monthly or yearly returns have to do with the signal's growth and not with the volume of positions.

You have it a bit mixed up I think.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The monthly or yearly returns have to do with the signal's growth and not with the volume of positions.

You have it a bit mixed up I think.

Could you explain the relation between the yearly return "YTD" and the signal growth?

samjesse:

Could you explain the relation between the yearly return "YTD" and the signal growth?

The yearly return is the accumulative growth that is created position by position.

If you add all the little profits of a month, they will be less than the final monthly growth, because this is accumulative.

If you add all the monthly profits, they will be less than the yearly return, because again this is accumulative.

The bottom line is, that if you start a year with $1000 and the yearly return is 100% you will end up with $2000.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The bottom line is, that if you start a year with $1000 and the yearly return is 100% you will end up with $2000.

And if the year start is 100K then the year end is 200K?

If so, how can that be done given the volume traded is only 0.02 which is 2 micro lots?

It is either the system will increase the volume based on the account balance/equity or increase the number of orders i.e. instead of one 0.02, use n x 0.02 lots.

Am I correct? if so, which one of the above "increase of trade activity" takes place? or else the 1000 becomes 2000 but the 100K becomes 101K. or maybe the signal provided ignores any thing above 1000 initial deposit.... I must be missing something.

samjesse:

And if the year start is 100K then the year end is 200K?

If so, how can that be done given the volume traded is only 0.02 which is 2 micro lots?

It is either the system will increase the volume based on the account balance/equity or increase the number of orders i.e. instead of one 0.02, use n x 0.02 lots.

Am I correct? if so, which one of the above "increase of trade activity" takes place? or else the 1000 becomes 2000 but the 100K becomes 101K. or maybe the signal provided ignores any thing above 1000 initial deposit.... I must be missing something.

You are confused with the lots.

What do you care about the lots, if the yearly return is a given profit?

Most signals adjust their trade volume accordingly as the balance increases.

If a signal trades now 0.02 lots, that doesn't mean that will always trade 0.02 lots, except if he (or she) withdraw money regularly and keeps the balance low.

Reason: