News Trader EA - page 62

SignalTrader ?

Hi NewDigital !

How's SignalTrader doing ?

xra:
Hi NewDigital ! How's SignalTrader doing ?

I did not make any signals for 2 weeks already.

Because market is choppy (D1 and W1 timeframes) and I was waiting for market condition indicator.

To make trading signals public it is necessary to be fully sure that everything is fine.

Anyway it will be D1 timeframe and the orders will not be opened often.

I will make trading signals public soon.

I stopped not because I lost. I am in profit with this SignalTrader.

But the problem was the following: I used Ichimoku indicator on D1 timeframe. Ichimoku may give 60 - 70% of valid signals (as a threoretical maximum). That's fine. And I had stop loss = 100 and take profit = 200, trailing stop = 45 and Breakeven = 30. D1 timeframe. But when I use market condition indicator so I will have stop loss = 200, take profit from 500 to 1000 and so on. Because before I had profit like 20 pips, 200 pips ... orders were closed by stop loss or take profit but the trend was continuing one ot two weeks more ... if we consider to use D1 timeframe so everything should be as D1 timeframe.

I will use market condition indicator.

And, may be, we will need the second system. Because now, for example, market is very choppy on W1 timeframe the second week already. Choppy market on W1 means very good breakout cases. So, it is necessary to have the other system working on breakout only.

That is why i stopped for 2 weeks.

Signals

newdigital:
I did not make any signals for 2 weeks already.

Because market is choppy (D1 and W1 timeframes) and I was waiting for market condition indicator.

To make trading signals public it is necessary to be fully sure that everything is fine.

Anyway it will be D1 timeframe and the orders will not be opened often.

I will make trading signals public soon.

Sounds great !!! that you gonna make it public, i'm waiting

But, can you start new thread with SignalTrader ?

I think this is good idea.

newdigital:
I stopped not because I lost. I am in profit with this SignalTrader.

But the problem was the following: I used Ichimoku indicator on D1 timeframe. Ichimoku may give 60 - 70% of valid signals (as a threoretical maximum). That's fine. And I had stop loss = 100 and take profit = 200, trailing stop = 45 and Breakeven = 30. D1 timeframe. But when I use market condition indicator so I will have stop loss = 200, take profit from 500 to 1000 and so on. Because before I had profit like 20 pips, 200 pips ... orders were closed by stop loss or take profit but the trend was continuing one ot two weeks more ... if we consider to use D1 timeframe so everything should be as D1 timeframe.

I will use market condition indicator.

And, may be, we will need the second system. Because now, for example, market is very choppy on W1 timeframe the second week already. Choppy market on W1 means very good breakout cases. So, it is necessary to have the other system working on breakout only.

That is why i stopped for 2 weeks.

For signal (price signal buy or sell) we don't need any indicators, I'm using horizontal line, and sometimes RSI (choppy market). Anyway we don't need any EA. Example... we can read from your callendar "pending order" buy or sell whathever, so we got a time to talk about it. Like StopLoss, TrailingStop etc...

Now I know, we need new thread, hope you agree.

xra:
For signal (price signal buy or sell) we don't need any indicators, I'm using horizontal line, and sometimes RSI (choppy market). Anyway we don't need any EA. Example... we can read from your callendar "pending order" buy or sell whathever, so we got a time to talk about it. Like StopLoss, TrailingStop etc... Now I know, we need new thread, hope you agree.

SignalTrader EA was posted on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

Yes, it is the better to have separated thread about trading signals just to discuss.

newdigital:
Updated results:

EURUSD: +47 pips.

GBPUSD: -103 pips.

USDJPY: -30 pips.

USDCHF: +20 pips.

AUDUSD: +20 pips.

USDCAD: -76 pips.

NZDUSD: 0 pips.

Please note that i am testing 5.3 version risky settings (see post #1 of this thread for the setting for 5.3 version).

Updated results for Newstrader 5.3 version (risky settings):

EURUSD: +26 pips.

GBPUSD: -184 pips.

USDJPY: -108 pips.

USDCHF: +16 pips.

AUDUSD: +35 pips.

USDCAD: -76 pips.

Please note that i am testing 5.3 version risky settings (see post #1 of this thread for the setting for 5.3 version).

It was GDP for AUD 5302.0 - Balance of Payments and International Investment Position, Australia, Jun 2007 (high impact).

Newstrader 5.3 version (risky settings) did +28 pips on AUDUSD (by 3 orders).

Please note that I am not changing the settings for every high/medium impacted news as necessary. It is necessary to change the setting for every traded news events. How to do it? Just look at 'Previous' value and compare it with 'Forecast' value for the direction and expected movement.

Results for this week/two days (5.3 version risky settings):

EURUSD: 0 pips.

GBPUSD: +13 pips.

USDJPY: +9 pips.

USDCHF: -14 pips.

AUDUSD: +28 pips.

USDCAD: 0 pips.

Updated results for this week (5.3 version risky settings):

EURUSD: -16 pips.

GBPUSD: -15 pips.

USDJPY: +3 pips.