NEW Forex Calendar - page 20

I do not know sorry ...

I know that you need to restart PC after changing DEP settigs.

or just wait for new News EA (working without dll file) and new News indicator created by Igorad yesterday - may be - it will fix this issue.

Running the news EA on windows 7 , results in following error

cannot load library 'WebGet.dll' ( 250 characters)" class="linkator">error 126)

I noticed that the indicator created by mladen "Forex TSD news reader-1.mq4" doesn't use the WebGet.dll

I wonder if the same can be done for the news EA

Hi,

I am having issues with an EA that reads the news calendar CSV files after downloading them to my VPS. To me it looks like there are some spaces in the csv file where there shouldn't be spaces, often after the currency, or after the news event name. I think this is what is causing my EA to not be able to read them properly sometimes. If you take a look at the files you will notice sometimes there is a space but mostly not, so it is inconsistent. Has anyone else had this problem? Can the spaces be removed so it will work again?

muzzamcc:
Hi, I am having issues with an EA that reads the news calendar CSV files after downloading them to my VPS. To me it looks like there are some spaces in the csv file where there shouldn't be spaces, often after the currency, or after the news event name. I think this is what is causing my EA to not be able to read them properly sometimes. If you take a look at the files you will notice sometimes there is a space but mostly not, so it is inconsistent. Has anyone else had this problem? Can the spaces be removed so it will work again?

muzzamcc

It seems that you are right (some trailing spaces really are there where it shouldn't be). The developers are notified about about it and they should take care of it.

In the mean time, a quick code workaround would be to simply read string part like this:

string currency = StringTrimLeft(StringTrimRight(FileReadString(handle)));

instead of using plain FileReadString(handle). That way you are going to be sure that in any case, regardless of what happens, your code reads in just what is really necessary

PS: used this example for currecy field, but any string filed can be retreived like that

mladen:
muzzamcc

It seems that you are right (some trailing spaces really are there where it shouldn't be). The developers are notified about about it and they should take care of it.

In the mean time, a quick code workaround would be to simply read string part like this:

instead of using plain FileReadString(handle). That way you are going to be sure that in any case, regardless of what happens, your code reads in just what is really necessary

PS: used this example for currecy field, but any string filed can be retreived like that

Hi mladen,

Thanks for taking care of it! I'm no coder so I'm not sure how to alter the EA i use, but as long as the news calendar csv files are fixed soon thats good enough for me.

Thanks again.

muzza

mladen:
muzzamcc

Hi again mladen,

Would it be possible for you or the developers to announce when the issue has been fixed and the news calendar csv files can be safely used again please?

Regards,

Murray

IS there a web API that could be hooked into?

forexts:
Hello we have launched a new Forex Calendar

Main feature is that any person can create their own calendar (or use existings).

Also calendars can require invitation or absolutelly public.

Still is in BETA (problems can occurr).

http://calendar.forex-tsd.com

There are APIs to connect to metatrader (or other plattforms), to send or receive any kind of forex event.

Best regards.

mladen:
muzzamcc

Any update on the news calendar csv issue? Is it being worked on still?

Regards,

Murray

muzzamcc:
Any update on the news calendar csv issue? Is it being worked on still?

Regards,

Murray

Murray

I've been told that the developers are working on it, but for the sake of making it sure, I recommend that you use that code snippet (just in case)

mladen:
Murray I've been told that the developers are working on it, but for the sake of making it sure, I recommend that you use that code snippet (just in case)

Hi mladen,

Thanks for the update. I wish I could do that, but i don't have access to the mql4 code of the EA that I use, so I am reliant on the calendar being fixed at this stage. Hopefully it's not too far away from being fixed.

Cheers,

Murray

Reason: