Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 89

At first I thought that double smoothed stochastic is not a good "candidate" for adapting, but since it has the smoothing too (which also can be adapted) decided to give it a try. And this is the result : adaptive_dss.ex4

In this one all is adaptive : main period, smoothing period, all ... which makes it a kind of a unique adaptive indicator. You still have the option to control the "speed" of it too

Files:

mladen:
At first I thought that double smoothed stochastic is not a good "candidate" for adapting, but since it has the smoothing too (which also can be adapted) decided to give it a try. And this is the result : adaptive_dss.ex4

In this one all is adaptive : main period, smoothing period, all ... which makes it a kind of a unique adaptive indicator. You still have the option to control the "speed" of it too

Hi Mladen

may i ask the difference between adaptive DSS.ex4 and DSS of adaptive smoother.mq4

or the difference is about that all is adaptive : main period, smoothing period, and all, which of course veryinteresting

thanks

talaate:
Hi Mladen

may i ask the difference between adaptive DSS.ex4 and DSS of adaptive smoother.mq4

or the difference is about that all is adaptive : main period, smoothing period, and all, which of course veryinteresting

thanks

There are multiple differences

As you have noticed, in the last version all is adaptive and instead of using implicit adapting (as in DSS of adaptive smoother) it s using regular prices for calculation but adapts the calculation period as well as the smoothing period - so both are changed all the time, depending on volatility

Also, the adapting method used in the last couple versions is completely different from the one used in adaptive smoother (for example). You ca see that the results are very different, and quite frankly, I like that we have a choice of different results : that way people can decide which one to use depending on their trading style

mladen:
There are multiple differences

As you have noticed, in the last version all is adaptive and instead of using implicit adapting (as in DSS of adaptive smoother) it s using regular prices for calculation but adapts the calculation period as well as the smoothing period - so both are changed all the time, depending on volatility

Also, the adapting method used in the last couple versions is completely different from the one used in adaptive smoother (for example). You ca see that the results are very different, and quite frankly, I like that we have a choice of different results : that way people can decide which one to use depending on their trading style

Yeas Mladen

I compare between both, I also play little with setting in the new one, it is different results and it seems that if one can find proper setting for his trading element, this indicator will be very useful, But you know you need to compose it with usual helpful options like MTF, alerts, arrows and my favorite arrowonfirstbar function,

Thanks mladen, your work are really marvelous

talaate:
Yeas Mladen

I compare between both, I also play little with setting in the new one, it is different results and it seems that if one can find proper setting for his trading element, this indicator will be very useful, But you know you need to compose it with usual helpful options like MTF, alerts, arrows and my favorite arrowonfirstbar function,

Thanks mladen, your work are really marvelous

It will be extended (the multi time frame, alerts and the rest) of course

This was just the first step to check if it is usable

mladen:
It will be extended (the multi time frame, alerts and the rest) of course This was just the first step to check if it is usable

No doubt about that,It is for sure usable

mladen:

Interesting, whereas adaptive ema has some vacillating color changes in consolidation zone, this Stochastic2 doesn't have such at the crossing. Is it possible to have adaptive ema do similarly? Would that be where slope goes beyond trip levels (as the only way for it?)?

Batchboy:
Interesting, whereas adaptive ema has some vacillating color changes in consolidation zone, this Stochastic2 doesn't have such at the crossing. Is it possible to have adaptive ema do similarly? Would that be where slope goes beyond trip levels (as the only way for it?)?

I am afraid I do not understand the post

Would you mind clarifying the idea?

mladen:
I am afraid I do not understand the post Would you mind clarifying the idea?

IMO he wants a smoothed or double smoothed adaptive ema. Haven't your adaptive MA indis the option for more MAs like smoothed ema and NonLagMA and so on?

krelian99:
IMO he wants a smoothed or double smoothed adaptive ema. Haven't your adaptive MA indis the option for more MAs like smoothed ema and NonLagMA and so on?

krelian99

I think that I have told that already : not every indicator is suitable for adapting. For example sma is absolutely not suitable for adapting since its formula is based on n values summed and divided by n. Now, it is obvious that we can not have n.5 values (for example) and that would mean a very "step like" values in some cases (anything but a nice smooth value)

NonLagMA fals in that family : more or less, nonlag ma is a kind of weighted moving average (it is just a matter of weights for each individual price), so it is one of the "non-suitable for adapting" kinds.

So, the ones that are suitable for adapting will probably be made adaptive. Frankly, right now I am working on a yet another way of adapting (again, a completely new way) and I would like to see what that idea will bring to adapting first

Reason: