RB26DETT-Skyline GTR - page 41

I did not get a margin call but got regulary stopped out. Which risk percentage did you use ?

Alex.Piech.FinGeR:
I did not get a margin call but got regulary stopped out. Which risk percentage did you use ?

Alex, could you post your .set file?

regards,

nohills

result on live account

Today's move was well managed on my real account and closed in profit.

Default setting except Risk=4 Pips = 15 and Agressive = true

Where do I find my .set file ?

Thanks

Thierry

Files:

thierrybl:
Today's move was well managed on my real account and closed in profit.

Default setting except Risk=4 Pips = 15 and Agressive = true

Where do I find my .set file ?

Thanks

Thierry

Thierry,

In \experts\presets.

If you haven't made one yet, open the RB26DETT Expert Advisors Properties and click on the Save button on the right hand of the popup window. Just give it a suitable name.

Regards,

nohills

Alex.Piech.FinGeR:
Now it happened. I got stopped out on my live account . My demo account did well. Demo trading differs from live trading. On the demo account there was a movement that RB26 could close the trades on live account it wasn t.

attached the live and demo statements.

Alex

Well, I frequently run parallel a demo and a live account with the same settings. There are almost always differences in the critical situations...

Alex.Piech.FinGeR:
Now it happened. I got stopped out on my live account . My demo account did well. Demo trading differs from live trading. On the demo account there was a movement that RB26 could close the trades on live account it wasn t.

attached the live and demo statements.

on your live account looks like the starting lot is 6 nano lots for what i think is a starting balance of what was around $700. i think it should have been a starting lot of 1 nano for that balance.

in the demo account, the starting lot is 1 micro for a 10K balance. but even that account will get in trouble as it is trading multiple currencies

BluePearl:
on your live account looks like the starting lot is 6 nano lots for what i think is a starting balance of what was around $700. i think it should have been a starting lot of 1 nano for that balance. in the demo account, the starting lot is 1 micro for a 10K balance. but even that account will get in trouble as it is trading multiple currencies

I only trade EUR/USD . The starting lot size is good because it s a IBFX micro account which means 1 nano lot 0.01 means 1cent per pip. As I mentioned I did not get stopped out because of a margin call, I got stopped out regularily as intended by the system. The reason of the difference between demo and live is in different market data.

Alex

Money Management

I've decided to turn off money management because it seems to be to difficult to control. I would love to see some "fine tune" settings added for Money Management for instance possibly allowing RISK to begin at 0.1 and continue through 0.2, 0.3 etc., instead of 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc. I'm not sure if this is possible but if not then something that would allow different account sizes (ie, smaller accounts) to be able to survive even during volatile markets without having to turn of a valuable feature like MM EVEN if one wishes to leave AggressiveMode = true.

Bottom line, there should be much greater control of RISK and MoneyManagement to accomadate different trader temperments. I personally would love to see something like this implemented.

Thanks so much,

N2

new statements for week 20 standard settings

Because I have Agressive_Mode = 0, my trades are done for this week.

Untill now the results are quite nice. (well all the thanks is to David...)

I have started another demo account, but with the same broker, to test the settings as David mentioned in post #395.

I'll also post the .set files.

This post is for my standard settings.

Next post is for my new settings (see post 395).

Regards,

nohills

new statements for week 20 new settings

The new settings version (post #395).

Regards,

nohills

Reason: